Forums > Music

Video Game Soundtracks

Posts (243)

• Tapion5768

Tapion5768

#15503496 - 6 years ago

What soundtracks from gaming have you listened to? Do any catch your ear? If so, which are some of the most memorable or just plain awesome? Personally, I love the Bastion soundtrack and praise the Mega Man (Classic and X) soundtracks to death.

• writemeaims

writemeaims

#15503643 - 6 years ago

There's not much of it but I am extremely partial to the original Tomb Raider soundtrack.

• Carpomusik

Carpomusik

#15503697 - 6 years ago

Final Fantasy 6-10 had great soundtracks, 8 being one of best soundtracks I've listened to.

• BatGir

BatGir

#15503739 - 6 years ago

zelda oot have the best songs ever

• DizzleSizzle

DizzleSizzle

#15503845 - 6 years ago

The soundtrack for Hotline Miami (PC) is absolutely phenomenal, providing you're into the whole Drive-esque 80s retro thing.

• ChaosMana

ChaosMana

#15503858 - 6 years ago

Okami had wonderful music.

• Kaoru27Umi

Kaoru27Umi Princess of Mars

#15504206 - 6 years ago

Orcarina of Time, Majora's Mask, (who am I kidding any Zelda game)... Jet Set Radio Future, Goldeneye... ughhh those pop out to me

• Tapion5768

Tapion5768

#15504279 - 6 years ago

In reply to Kaoru27Umi, #7:

Very true, the Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword soundtracks especially stick out to me, they are both among my favorites of any game soundtrack.

• Tapion5768

Tapion5768

#15504280 - 6 years ago

In reply to BatGir, #4:

It had some really good ones, the Bolero of Fire or the Serenade of Water were excellently composed and I love the classic Saria's Song and Song of Storms.

• LanAnh

LanAnh

#15504452 - 6 years ago

I completely agree. Skyward Sword has a beautiful soundtrack, but we can say that about practically all the Zelda games. Hearing the music live in concert makes it even more amazing! smiley1.gif

• dmcblue

dmcblue FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15504536 - 6 years ago

I have three standby favorites:
    1. Mass Effect (as a series but mostly the stuff by Sam Hulick)
    2. World of Goo (which you can download here!)
    3. Anno 2070, which I think did not get very big but if you have it on Steam, you can get the soundtrack in the game files.

• Deter_Somah

Deter_Somah

#15505202 - 6 years ago

In reply to Tapion5768, #1:

I totally agree with you. The Bastion soundtrack blew my mind when I first heard it and I still listen to it frequently.

• KJMitchell

KJMitchell

#15505546 - 6 years ago

You gotta love some off the tunes from the Mass Effect 2 soundtrack by Jack Wall.

• Faierius

Faierius FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15505904 - 6 years ago

I am personally a fan of the Silent Hill soundtracks. Mostly just the songs with lyrics though.

• Tapion5768

Tapion5768

#15506137 - 6 years ago

In reply to dhaken666, #14:

Hell Frozen Rain is the only song with lyrics I like from the Silent Hill series, honestly, the soundtracks fell apart after SH4.

In reply to Deter_Somah, #12:

Yeah, I listen to it often and I still love Zulf's and Zia's themes.

• Faierius

Faierius FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15506141 - 6 years ago

In reply to Tapion5768, #15:

I just like the sound of her voice. Hell Frozen Rain, Your Rain, Room of Angel and Alex's Theme are my favorites. Alex's Theme actually inspired me to write a Silent Hill/Supernatural crossover novel.

• Tapion5768

Tapion5768

#15506162 - 6 years ago

In reply to dhaken666, #16:

I guess I'd like MEMg's songs better if it weren't for my hatred of her so... I'm biased. To the soundtracks at least.

• Faierius

#15506163 - 6 years ago

In reply to Tapion5768, #17:

I don't really know anything about her other than I think her voice sounds nice.

• Tapion5768

Tapion5768

#15506179 - 6 years ago

In reply to dhaken666, #18:

Well she singlehandedly changed all the voices in the HD remakes and was Mary/Maria, picking horrible VA's and publicly attacked the originals for wanting residuals (or royalties, I forget what the correct term is) and ridiculed them for their performances. So back to soundtracks!

• Faierius

#15506188 - 6 years ago

In reply to Tapion5768, #19:

Ah, I see. I haven't played the HD remakes, but yes, that would bother me as well.

• Tapion5768

Tapion5768

#15506202 - 6 years ago

In reply to dhaken666, #20:

She even changed up some of the original songs or used different instruments, ruining them.

Post edited 11/15/12 6:02PM

• Faierius

#15506218 - 6 years ago

In reply to Tapion5768, #21:

Well that's certainly not good. I'll just stick to the versions I have then.

• SpentRounds

SpentRounds

#15507026 - 6 years ago

The Halo series has one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a long while, hats off to martin o'donnell & michael salvatori.

• dmcblue

dmcblue FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15507222 - 6 years ago

In reply to SpentRounds, #23:

I feel like Halo (at least Halo 1) has biggest difference between how much I like it during gameplay and how much I don't really like it just listening to the tracks on their own. I guess that's a testament to O'Donnell and Salvatori's ability to tailor their composition to a purpose. I may not enjoy just listening to the tracks on their own but that soundtrack is definitely impressive.

• Tapion5768

Tapion5768

#15507895 - 6 years ago

In reply to dmcblue, #24:

True, the tracks don't do much for me on their own but they add a sort of tension and extra layer of epicness to the games and the battles that take place.