Forums > Music

Video Game Soundtracks

Posts (243)

• Martimnp

Martimnp

#16885888 - 4 years ago

In reply to RALS, #236:

It really has. And it also introduced me to many cool artists.

• kettelino

kettelino FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Netflix Enthusiast

#16893571 - 4 years ago

Two soundtracks which come to my mind are:
    1) Dear Esther
    2) Alice Madness Returns

both are great and I really enjoy listening to them. :3

• geometrix

geometrix

#16894792 - 4 years ago

Another one I love is the Tomb Raider II sound track, but dear god that's old

• Asinyne

Asinyne

#16899365 - 4 years ago

The Silent Hill soundtracks (Akira Yamaoka). Also, the Resident Evil and Mass Effect games.

• mwilde3

mwilde3

#16908954 - 4 years ago

Blood Dragon
    Wolfenstein has a couple awesome instrumentals
    The Wu Tang game on the Playstaion

• Martimnp

Martimnp

#16909652 - 4 years ago

I can't believe I forgot to include Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance into my list!

That game's soundtrack really gets you pumped up during boss fights (which are amazing by themselves).

• kingaison98

kingaison98 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16929928 - 4 years ago

Kingdom Hearts OSTs are always amazing. Yoko Shimomura is a freaking genius.

Listen to this and this and you'll see what I mean. The music has such a way of bringing such emotion to you, but then reminding you that you're in the middle of an epic boss battle and you're still having fun in a video game.

• Skybear_2012

Skybear_2012

#17433712 - 4 years ago

I have many but I would have to go with MOH 2010 score

• 8BitPunk

8BitPunk

#17435528 - 4 years ago

Have to add Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance in here, along with Super Hexagon. Sure, there are only three songs in the soundtrack but they're all awesome, with Focus especially being one of the best chiptune songs ever written, and it helps that the composer is one of the nicest people I've ever met too.

• RALS

RALS FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17436601 - 4 years ago

Yeah, chipzel is awesome. I'd really love to get her over here to play a show.

• 8BitPunk

8BitPunk

#17437246 - 4 years ago

In reply to RALS, #246:

It'd be well worth it, she's a great performer. You never know, keep an eye on MAGfest or other conventions, it was at a convention I was working at that I saw her so never rule anything out I guess!

• Smiller

Smiller

#17439922 - 4 years ago

I have listened to Super Smash Bros Melee Live Orchestra, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U/3DS, Godzilla: Unleashed, Yoshi's Story, and Halo 2. The most memorable song is the Throwback Galaxy theme. Such sweet nostalgia that makes me feel so alive when listening to it.

• RALS

RALS FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17446762 - 4 years ago

In reply to BITpunk, #247:

Funny you mention MAGFest... I'm a staff member (part of Mediatron, usually directing the live video stream). Also I know the people who run the Chiptune Showcases and they had a UK group here this year (For Astronauts And Satellites). So it wouldn't be too much of a stretch. :)

• AwildKyle

AwildKyle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17446879 - 4 years ago

I've been listening to the Kingdom Hearts 2 soundtrack, one of my personal favorites

• RainingSkill

RainingSkill

#17452246 - 4 years ago

Child of Light, Transistor, and Journey. I absolutely love the soundtracks to those three games. Shoutout to The Last of Us and Destiny soundtracks as well.

• GunnarBloodhowl

GunnarBloodhowl

#17524841 - 4 years ago

Thunder Force IV soundtrack is my personnel favourite

• specialshoez

specialshoez FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17560201 - 4 years ago

I'm a huge fan of the Donkey Kong Country soundtracks on the SNES. I have all three soundtracks in a playlist on my phone. Lots of haunting melodies, my favorites being Water World, Aquatic Ambience, Bayou Boogie, Snakey Chantey, Forest Interlude, Fear Factory and OF COURSE the classic tune Stickerbrush Symphony from DKC2!

• melkomorgoth

melkomorgoth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32887729 - 3 years ago

A little late to the party, but I really enjoy the music in Destiny -- all the malarkey surrounding it notwithstanding.

The entire Arkham series of Batman games has good music, and Arkham Knight is a tour de force.