Forums > Music

Welcome to Nightvale.

Posts (48)

• RobotGoggle

RobotGoggle

#16138874 - 5 years ago

So this is a thread about a story-based black-comedy/horror audio podcast about tales from the sleepy little desert town of Night Vale.

To the Mods: I have no clue what Forum this would go under, so please feel free to move the thread.

To everyone else: This is a Thread for discussing Night Vale, your favorite episodes, Carlos and his perfect, perfect hair, or any other Night Vale-related shenanigans.

I'd have to say my favorite episode is still the Glow Cloud episode, that or the one where the shadowy-hooded figure speaks, that gave me night terrors.
    How about you?

• topham

topham FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DHYB

#16148510 - 5 years ago

I just started listening to it. I think it is fantastic. I've only listened to the first 2, the second one being the Glow Cloud episode. I'll be listening to the third one on my drive home tonight. Needless to say, the day at work can't end soon enough.

• RobotGoggle

RobotGoggle

#16149118 - 5 years ago

Glow Cloud is a classic. From their onward they get int oa nice groove.

Keep an eye out for Carlos and his perfect hair.

Also they get a hooded-figure on and interview him, the results are, interesting.

Remember, don't mention the dog---.

I mean, our town secret police are good, they always keep us safe.

• Nic_Pietron

Nic_Pietron FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Arch-guy

#16156582 - 5 years ago

I just discovered, this today, can't talk about it to much. not until I consult my nearby Blood Stone Circle and receive a signed letter from the City Council. Good Night.

• topham

topham FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DHYB

#16156623 - 5 years ago

I think the lights in Radon canyon is my favourite one now, after listening to a few more. It most definitely was not a pink floyd multimedia laser spectacular.

• CitrusKnight

CitrusKnight

#16157839 - 5 years ago

I've only watched the first 10 or so episodes of Nightvale and I've gotta say it has already freaked me out. I listened to the episode where the cloaked figure spoke while driving in the middle of the night on my way home from work. I almost had to turn it off because it was scaring me so bad.

• RobotGoggle

RobotGoggle

#16159729 - 5 years ago

In reply to CitrusKnight, #6:

That's kinda what makes me love it.

• fanonurl

fanonurl

#16159984 - 5 years ago

I absolutely love WTNV, I was lucky enough to be able to Cecil Baldwin perform with the San Fancisco Neo-futurists last week with Megan Bashwiner (who does the credits) and it was absolutely amazing, their extremely kind people and very enthusiastic about meeting fans. I think my favorite episode would have to be the sandstorm, both parts. My art blog is actually around 90% WTNV fanart at the moment (anotherfanonurl.tumblr.com)

• fanonurl

fanonurl

#16159985 - 5 years ago

((correction: They're extremely kind people))

• RobotGoggle

RobotGoggle

#16160813 - 5 years ago

In reply to fanonurl, #8:

Feel free to post a link to your art blog here, I'd love to see!

• fanonurl

fanonurl

#16160920 - 5 years ago

It's right over here uvu

• LoadedInOwls

LoadedInOwls

#16188144 - 5 years ago

I love WTNV. I took the whole series on a road trip with my family recently, and they thought I had lost my mind from my reactions to the episodes I hadn't heard yet.

(To clarify, I was listening on earbuds so they had no context.)

How spoilery are we allowed to get? The latest episode (Yellow Helicopters) was so scary. I hope this doesn't happen, but in a way that would be the PERFECT place for the series to end. It would be such a mindfuck. Especially if you subscribe to the time travel theories.

• Kazakii

Kazakii

#16191409 - 5 years ago

I actually found it through the superb fanart, and needless to say I am hooked

• Kazakii

Kazakii

#16191412 - 5 years ago

I actually found it through the superb fanart, and needless to say I am hooked

• ThatShyGuy

ThatShyGuy

#16401522 - 5 years ago

In reply to LoadedInOwls, #12:

Now I know this was posted 2 months ago but would you mind elaborating on "time travel theories"?

• ashwan564

ashwan564

#16403889 - 5 years ago

After listening to them all, I would say Lazy Day or First Date are my top two. It's such a brilliant show, I'm wearing my WTNV shirt as I type :D

• LoadedInOwls

LoadedInOwls

#16406713 - 5 years ago

In reply to ThatShyGuy, #15:

That Desert Bluffs and Kevin are Night Vale and Cecil in the future, after Strexcorp has completely taken over.

• ashwan564

ashwan564

#16406989 - 5 years ago

In reply to LoadedInOwls, #17:

That would be so cool! I am totally ready for wherever they are going with this Strexcorp and government theme! I SMELL A REVOLUTION!

• ThatShyGuy

ThatShyGuy

#16407141 - 5 years ago

Whoa, That's interesting. I never really thought about Desert Bluffs, I just thought it was the polar opposite of Nightvale. Also wasn't it weird that the secret police was taking orders from strexcorp.

• ashwan564

ashwan564

#16407166 - 5 years ago

In reply to ThatShyGuy, #19:

Oh my god definitely! Like... I got a secret police sweatshirt and now I am going to be answering to these corporate fools haha. I love Cecil and Carlos and their quirky little relationship but having this awesome governmental overtake would add something so neat to the awesome little desert down.

• LoadedInOwls

LoadedInOwls

#16407400 - 5 years ago

I don't think it's weird at all that the secret police work for them, they've been characterized as extremely corrupt from the very beginning so being under the highest bidder in town would make sense. But I don't think it'll lead to some big revolution or something, I think some random absurdity will bounce in and set everything back to normal as usually happens.

• ThatShyGuy

ThatShyGuy

#16407508 - 5 years ago

In reply to ashwan564, #20:

I am kinda jealous. I always found the secret police to be a necessary evil to Nightvale. Plus their antics always make me laugh.

• ashwan564

ashwan564

#16413204 - 5 years ago

In reply to LoadedInOwls, #21:

Yeah, I agree. I'm sure it's a quirky add in but I'm okay with that as well :D As long as Cecil says it, it sounds good to me. Literally.

• wolvem

wolvem

#16413406 - 5 years ago

In reply to ashwan564, #23:

The writers have said before that they don't plan story lines in advance really, but it'd be pretty cool if there was an underlying plot that was revealed later on. I know what you mean about Cecil though, he could say pretty much anything and I'd be a willing listener.

• LoadedInOwls

LoadedInOwls

#16414454 - 5 years ago

In reply to ashwan564, #23:

In reply to wolvem, #24:

I think that's what the entire fandom is based off of, haha. Our unending devotion to optimistic Cecil. smiley12.gif