Forums > Music

Bo Burnham

Posts (27)

• spacemasonry

spacemasonry FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold ✌here&queer✌

#16524281 - 5 years ago

With Bo Burnham's release of what. a couple months ago I have recently rediscovered my love for his music
    I love his satirical combination of music & comedy, and the way he conducts himself on stage is so captivating and idk he just really gets that balance between actual satire and just using the word as an excuse to get away with being offensive
    My favourite result of what. is probably repeat stuff if not just for this clip of footage:
    tumblr_inline_n01nxlwQ3i1r0kxdt.gif

So, thoughts on Bo Burnham? Love him, hate him, disturbed by how freakishly tall he is?

• Dice

Dice wOrk

#16524806 - 5 years ago

I think he's a genius.

• hayley0614

hayley0614 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16524989 - 5 years ago

I LOVE BO. I've watched "What." at least 5 or 6 times and i lose my shit every single time. love him so much.

• Joseph011296

Joseph011296 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16525041 - 5 years ago

I think he does great music and gets a lot of undue shit from others in the music and comedy industry.

• FireBlink

FireBlink

#16525158 - 5 years ago

He has a very unusual way to do comedy, and I love it. Too bad his show was cancelled on MTV, it was hilarious as well.

• BuddySettle

BuddySettle FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold BuddySettle

#16525456 - 5 years ago

I felt like what. was more gimmicky/random comedy rather than intellectual, compared to Words Words Words. Though I still found it ingenious and hilarious, it felt like parts were pandering more to the people who wouldn't get the other half of the show.

Parts I found to pandering:
    Slow Joke
    Lizard Song
    Some of the Magic Bit
    etc.

But even with all that It was hilarious and really well pulled off.

• ashwan564

ashwan564

#16525583 - 5 years ago

Bo. is absolutely amazing! Did you see his tv show? Brilliant!

• spacemasonry

spacemasonry FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold ✌here&queer✌

#16526015 - 5 years ago

In reply to ashwan564, #8:

he had a TV show?!? oh my gosh i need to watch this immediately

Post edited 2/22/14 5:48PM

• ashwan564

ashwan564

#16527753 - 5 years ago

In reply to GabbiGrudge, #9:

Zach Stone is Gonna be Famous oh my god it was brilliant but MTV sucks and didn't keep it on.

• FireBlink

FireBlink

#16527826 - 5 years ago

In reply to ashwan564, #10:

I mean is not all MTV's fault, the show had low ratings. But it does suck that they didnt give him a second chance, because the content was great.

• ashwan564

ashwan564

#16527854 - 5 years ago

In reply to HoradeBlink, #11:

Oh I know, I'm just being a brat haha I loved the show. He said he might do something with it on his own and I'm crossing my fingers. I just wish more people knew about him so more people could watch it on channels like that.

• Joseph011296

Joseph011296 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16527896 - 5 years ago

In reply to HoradeBlink, #11:

I'm guessing the low ratings had something to do with it being MTV and the show not being about "Jersey" people humping each other

• ashwan564

ashwan564

#16527898 - 5 years ago

In reply to Joseph011296, #13:

Seriously though, I had never laughed more from a show so I don't know how it went wrong.

• Joshington

Joshington

#16528241 - 5 years ago

In reply to Biniferz, #2:

What about that guy at RTX 2013 during the AH panel?

• iiZii

iiZii

#16528281 - 5 years ago

Tcoc2sW.png

• spacemasonry

#16528317 - 5 years ago

In reply to iiZii, #16:

Bo does it better tbh

• Skyran

Skyran

#16601079 - 5 years ago

I discovered Bo when I was 11 (now 14) and have loved him since~ He's come a long way in a short time.

• JMonty

JMonty

#16602252 - 5 years ago

Bo is amazing. His music is actually really good and the comedy within it is hilarious. When I watched "What." I couldn't stop laughing the entire time because everything was just perfect. Plus how he buries messages in his comedy is amazing. I can't wait for him to do more stuff in the future.
    bo-burnham-gif-3-o.gif
    However no matter what he does "Love Is" will always be my favorite thing by him. It is what got me started liking his stuff.

• spacemasonry

#16602293 - 5 years ago

In reply to JMonty, #19:

yea I first discovered him when I was a dumb 14 y/o and Oh Bo was funny b/c it was dirty but now that I'm ~older~ [18 lol] the meaning in all his stuff is superb. He's one of the few comedians I find has a proper grip on Satire, if that makes sense. Like, it feels like a lot of people just hide under the Satirical title and it excuses their blatant bigotry, but idk Bo just does it really well smiley8.gif
    don't mind me gushing over here, my favourite is Im Bo Yo I heard it and I like melted immediately b/c it's just so good

• JMonty

JMonty

#16602386 - 5 years ago

In reply to GabbiGrudge, #20:

Yeah he makes fun of everything in the best possible way. Plus songs don't hurt his cause. He is easily my favorite comedian and will be for a long time. I discovered him when listening to Pandora I think a long time ago. Back when I was a dumb 12 year old and now I'm still dumb but 16.

There is also the fact that he is an introvert and how he puts that behind him to perform. "You think you know me" really shows that and it is cool to see an insight into it.

• spacemasonry

#16602397 - 5 years ago

In reply to JMonty, #21:

yea. i just really love smart comedy that's done well, and also he's hella ace at singing

• JMonty

JMonty

#16602401 - 5 years ago

In reply to GabbiGrudge, #22:

Yeah he is really good. Also amazing at piano

• Garry

Garry FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16611896 - 5 years ago

You guys might have already seen it, but he was on an episode of Green Room with Paul Provenza and a bunch of other comedians a few years ago that I really enjoyed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNBYiwFeUis

• wolvem

wolvem

#16618369 - 5 years ago

Bo is amazing, the amount of word puns and jokes he can fit into one song is literally ridiculous. I've got the Words Words Words album and I've watched what. a fair few times now, it doesn't get old to me. Anyone follow him on vine? Some of his are crazy funny.

• spacemasonry

#16618866 - 5 years ago

In reply to wolvem, #25:

his vines are my life don't even get me started