Forums > Music

New Music

Posts (32)

• NitroSherman

NitroSherman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16880109 - 4 years ago

So I want to find some new bands to listen to and decided to make a forum out of it so others could use it to find some new music, so if you listen to a band or whatever and think more people need to here about them just post it here and if you want a link to a song as well.

• wigglytadpol

wigglytadpol

#16880363 - 4 years ago

I'm really into Los Campesinos at the moment, you may have heard this one before www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6SO_yKMe8 since it is their biggest track. www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ku_ZMPJ5M0 is probably my favourite of theirs but generally a cracking band. I'd also recommend Bloc Party (Silent Alarm) and if you like heavier stuff Gallows (Grey Britain) are both good.

• OhOak

OhOak FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16882303 - 4 years ago

I've been super into Stromae recently. This is one is one of my favorites youtu.be/oiKj0Z_Xnjc

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16882474 - 4 years ago

roosterteeth.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=221324...

And from the Sponsor forum there's this: roosterteeth.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=224415...

• Superandrd

Superandrd Buttz

#16882591 - 4 years ago

"Vintage Trouble" is really cool, kind of blues-rock stuff- www.youtube.com/user/vintagetrouble
    "Barnstar!" is great if you like bluegrass- barnstar.bandcamp.com/
    "brentalfoss" is great if you like vidya game music- www.youtube.com/user/brentalfloss

Post edited 7/22/14 2:03AM

• caboseaholic

caboseaholic

#16882610 - 4 years ago

In reply to ThomIsPurdy, #3:

I was listening to Motion City Soundtrack as I read this.

Anyway, I'd say it depends on your taste in music, but personally I'm really enjoying Die Antwoord right now, and I'm going through an of Montreal binge as I just got their latest album.

I'd recommend "Cookie Thumper" or "Baby's on Fire" by Die Antwoord,

and "Wicked Wisdom", "Gallery Piece", "Our Riotous Defects", or "Spiteful Intervention" by of Montreal.

I also adore Franz Ferdinand and Best Coast and recommend anything by the former and "Boyfriend" or "Our Deal" by the latter.

4 very different bands, I hope at least one is to your liking! smiley12.gif

• TheModGamer

TheModGamer

#16883154 - 4 years ago

the strypes are a good new band i would say have a listen to them

• emilyhh

emilyhh FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16906325 - 4 years ago

Jake Bugg, fantastic English artist. His album Shangri La is amazing. His voice is very Oasis, so if you like that kind of sound I definitely recommend.

• Permafro

Permafro

#16907205 - 4 years ago

Overwerk is a pretty cool one I just found out about myself. It's more electric and techno if you're into that.

• JoeyCannoli

JoeyCannoli

#16907290 - 4 years ago

Cold World. They are a local band that fuse hardcore punk and hip hop music together. Their new record comes out next week but its streaming online now. Check out "The Real Deal", "Cracks of Hate", "No More Fun and Games", and "Hell's Direction." It's all I've been listening to these past few days.

How the God's Chill LP
    noisey.vice.com/blog/stream-cold-worlds-how-the-gods-chill

Then check this out...

How The God's Chill w/ Sean Price (song)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7VRBglsoU4

• ElleKaay

ElleKaay FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16908654 - 4 years ago

New-ish duo i've been into recently is Milky Chance, with "Stolen Dance" from their 'Sadnecessary' album being most popular.

George Ezra's album 'Wanted On Voyage' is really good, i'm happy listening to every song on it which is rare for me.

And because of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 i've been getting into Phosphorescent ("Song For Zula").
    I might try and get into The Neighbourhood but i only got "Honest" rather than their album.

Edit: Also Family Of The Year 'Loma Vista'.

Post edited 7/30/14 8:11AM

• Tedsfriends

Tedsfriends FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16911086 - 4 years ago

I cannot recommend highly enough the new Joyce Manor album "Never Hungover Again".
    All of their songs are incredibly short so they're pretty easy to swallow. Here's a new music video from them for the song "The Jerk" www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkP7LEnI3B0

Post edited 7/30/14 11:48PM

• PaniChristie

PaniChristie

#16911764 - 4 years ago

I'm digging Bleachers right now. Their first single is "I Wanna Get Better".

• Tedsfriends

Tedsfriends FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16912476 - 4 years ago

In reply to PaniChristie, #16:

Is that Jack Antanoff from FUN.?
    Bleachers sounds good, reminds me a lot of Tally Hall actually

• PaniChristie

PaniChristie

#16913128 - 4 years ago

In reply to TedGabbard, #17:

that is definitely Jack Antanoff from fun.

• HeyMcFly

HeyMcFly

#16921792 - 4 years ago

I've been listening to a lot more ambient and trance recently. One artist I've gotten really into is Massive Attack. Their album Haligoland is my favourite so far, I can't stop listening to it and I recommend it to anyone who likes chillout music, or something while they're playing games.

• Ockspra

Ockspra

#16937635 - 4 years ago

You might be interested in checking out Karnivool!

• AntDobbo

AntDobbo

#16940017 - 4 years ago

Braincoats sound good, saw them comment on a sum 41 video saying the ol' "Oh, come check our channel" and all that, pleasantly surprised actually, www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziqegNX-E60

This one is a mate's band called Euthemia and they've just put out their first music video, www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNNQ3YgqRHQ

• Cubman

Cubman

#16961125 - 4 years ago

Alt-J all day!: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVeMiVU77wo

I also really dig Electric Guest: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVZZnHDLbLE

And you can't go wrong with St. Vincent either: www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYjpuPRnTY

Post edited 8/15/14 6:46AM

• Stinacat

Stinacat

#16983420 - 4 years ago

I've only just heard of Royal Blood for some reason, watching some stuff from Reading Festival. They're reminding me of some kind of cross between Muse and Karnivool and I love it

• DimityJessup

DimityJessup FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17028224 - 4 years ago

i don't know what everyone is into but i have a small Aussie band you might like, i don't know, Art Vs Science
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBKuEItvJGs

• MadMista

MadMista

#17030760 - 4 years ago

I don't really know any good bands besides Red hot chili peppers, but I highly recommend "The bomb" by Pigeon John. Great song on the way to work/school.

• Dimyan

Dimyan

#17030777 - 4 years ago

Royal Blood anyone? ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhgVu2lsi_k ). Really blown up in the UK in the last month. Saw them at Leeds Festival, they had a midday slot and the tent was packed. Just been nominated for the Mercury Prize too.

Edit: (Oops just seen someone else has mentioned them above, great band though)

Post edited 9/11/14 12:58PM

• kettelino

kettelino FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Netflix Enthusiast

#17102757 - 4 years ago

There's this german band named Milky Chance and I really love their album Sadnecessary. (:
    It's really calming and relaxing. :D

If some of you'd like to listen to them here are some great song:
    Milky Chance - Down By The River
    Milky Chance - Flashed Junk Mind
    Milky Chance - Stolen Dance

Enjoy!

• bxnk

bxnk

#17114160 - 4 years ago

You should definitely check out Foxes In Fiction. He produces experimental / electronic music and also plays live shows with a small band (2 or 3 people.)
    The music is very chill and enjoyable to listen too, nothing too extreme, instead more simple and easy-going.

Here are some fantastic Songs and Live Performances! :D

Foxes In Fiction - Ontario Gothic.
    Live Performance -- 5/09/14
    Foxes In Fiction - Shadow's Song.

and here is a BandCamp link as well... :) foxesinfiction.bandcamp.com/