Forums > Music

Any Musers in the RT community?

Posts (77)

• Q3PS

Q3PS

#17041328 - 4 years ago

Excited for the new album? smiley0.gifsmiley0.gifsmiley0.gifsmiley0.gifsmiley0.gif

• HeLiam

HeLiam FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17041484 - 4 years ago

Eyyo! Pwoper Muser here. I'm really excited for it, though I've loved all of the synths and stings and orchestras (orchestral and film scores (e.g. Two steps from hell) are my favourite genre of music), I'm really excited to hear them return to a more heavy guitar tone.

Have you seen them live before?

• Q3PS

Q3PS

#17041495 - 4 years ago

In reply to HeLiam, #2:

Yeah, same here!
    Have I seen then live? Hmm, 4 times lol

• HeLiam

HeLiam FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17041510 - 4 years ago

Nice! I'm jealous, I've only seen them twice, when/what tours did you see them on?

• Q3PS

Q3PS

#17041517 - 4 years ago

In reply to HeLiam, #4:

During BH&R, Resistance, and The 2nd Law tour. smiley0.gif
    You?

• HeLiam

#17041526 - 4 years ago

That sounds amazing! Which gig was your favourite? Um, I just saw them on The 2nd Law tour, and the Unsustainable tour (not that it really counts, but I also saw the Unsustainable tour Live at Rome film in the cinema in 4K).

Though I had been a fan for much longer than since The 2nd Law, I don't really remember a time I wasn't into Muse, but before The 2nd law I wouldn't have been old enough to warrant going all the way up to London and spending £50 or so on a ticket (plus I wouldn't have been allowed in the standing area).

• Q3PS

Q3PS

#17041548 - 4 years ago

Staples Center, 2010 where they had the 3 tower setup. THAT WAS A SHOW!
    I also saw the Rome gig ( there was an LA screening).
    The first song I had ever heard from them was Bliss around 2005 right before Absolution was released.

• SmirnoffK

SmirnoffK FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17041579 - 4 years ago

Muse is the best there is, I love so many of their songs! I haven't seen them live though :'(

• HeLiam

#17041591 - 4 years ago

In reply to Q3PS, #7:

I wish I could have seen that! I've seen videos, though personally if I could have gone to any other gig it would either have been HAARP or the 2011 OoS anniversary at reading.

I'm sad I can't actually remember the first time I heard them, but I do remember being excited to listen to OoS for the first time.

In reply to SmirnoffK, #8:

Aww :( Well, maybe when they release the new album you'll be able to see them for the first time? What is your favourite song/album?

Post edited 9/16/14 5:11PM

• HeLiam

#17041595 - 4 years ago

In reply to SmirnoffK, #8:

I just saw you in the 18+ forums, haha.

• Stunning

Stunning An Ancient Demon, Awoken

#17041725 - 4 years ago

Yes, it is the only time I get money for iTunes.

• SmirnoffK

SmirnoffK FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17041846 - 4 years ago

In reply to HeLiam, #9:

I do hope so! My favorite album is Absolution, as for my favorite song... hmm difficult. It depends on my mood I guess. I love to lose myself to Unintended and Thoughts of a dying atheist, but I love so much other songs. Lately I've been listening a lot to Undisclosed desires and Madness.

What about you, do you have a favorite song/album? And I'll probably see you again on the 18+ forums :P

• HeLiam

#17042609 - 4 years ago

In reply to SmirnoffK, #12:

I really hope I'll be able to see them again, especially if they use more guitar heavy songs! Do you watch many videos of them playing live? I think my favourite album is Black holes and Revelations, just such a good mix of songs on it (though, thats true of all their albums), and my favourite song is Citizen erased, though I actually prefer this version to the original (though the mixing could be better) but for some reason the strings were cut from the final release.

Though I do adore those songs, at the moment I've been listening to more of their orchestral stuff, like isolated system and exogenesis. Though, I m glad that they are going back to more rock sounds, I am sad that Matt isn't going to explore more of his orchestral side, even if it was just a side project.

• geometrix

geometrix

#17042883 - 4 years ago

YES. Been my favourite band for 11.5 years, so I think I count ;D

• HeLiam

#17043119 - 4 years ago

In reply to geometrix, #14:

Wow! What is your favourite album and song? (Also yay for a fellow Brit, and putting the 'u' in favourite)

• Dvl

Dvl

#17043133 - 4 years ago

New album?? *to google* Thanks for the heads up!

• HeLiam

#17043141 - 4 years ago

In reply to Dvl, #16:

Yep, it's meant to be guitar heavy, and is due for release about summer time next year!

Post edited 9/17/14 12:43PM

• geometrix

geometrix

#17043572 - 4 years ago

In reply to HeLiam, #15:

Album: origin of symmetry
    Song: new born. However my top five are new born, muscle museum, sunburn, glorious, and futurism.

And f yeah Britain!

• nate04

nate04

#17044029 - 4 years ago

Muse is awesome! Only had the chance to see them live once though. They were the opening act for U2 around 2008(?). Still a great set, they ended up playing songs off the resistance album which was new at the time

• HeLiam

#17045227 - 4 years ago

In reply to geometrix, #18:

Nice, it's rare to see someone who has an appreciation for the B sides! Also a shame that it means that most people miss some of their best songs. Have you ever seen them live?

In reply to nate04, #19:

I the resistance was released 2009, so it might have been then? How long was the set list?

• geometrix

geometrix

#17045301 - 4 years ago

In reply to HeLiam, #20:

Oh god the b-sides are absolutely incredible. A lot of them are better than some of their a-side stuff. And yeah I've seen them twice, resistance tour in September 2010 and 2nd law tour in May 2013, both in London. My dad saw them at the bh+r tour too

• HeLiam

#17045349 - 4 years ago

In reply to geometrix, #21:

I know, sometimes you just have to wonder how it didn't make it onto the album (I think fury was meant to be on absolution, but was voted off by Chris and Dom in place of the small print)! I was disappointed that on The 2nd law there were no b sides at all, I was actually really looking forward to them. I wished I could have seen them on the Resistance tour, that stage looked incredible! Which did you prefer?

On the 2nd law arena tour in 2012, they played the first half of Host as an intro to Time is running out, and I couldn't believe it, I never thought that they would play that song live. I hope that if they are bringing back more guitar heavy tones, it might mean that they will also bring some of their older songs, and some more b sides back into the set list (especially after they played quite a few in Japan a year or two back).

• AshleyBren

AshleyBren

#17045602 - 4 years ago

Muse is awesome!

I approve all of this!

smiley13.gif

• HeLiam

#17045868 - 4 years ago

In reply to AshleyBren, #23:

So true! What are your favourite songs/albums or opinion on the new album?

• AshleyBren

AshleyBren

#17045903 - 4 years ago

I heard they were coming out with one but I never really dug into the hype! I might as well start now!

My favorite album is Black Holes and Revelations and I love every song on that album. I think what really made me love them was my father's fondness for the music they produce. I'm a fairly new Muser, only falling in love with them around 6 years ago, but I fully support their music and direction. smiley13.gif