Forums > My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

first time admission of bronihood

Posts (11)

• DJOleman

DJOleman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31383649 - 7 years ago

who was the first person you told or who found out you were a brony? and how did that go for you? did they accept you or were they confused or weirded out?

• ladydonut

ladydonut

#31383650 - 7 years ago

I started watching episodes of My Little Pony...

...then 6 episodes in, my husband starts watching too. 'Out of curiosity.' And now he watches with me on a regular basis.

Yes, I am so brony, that the first person who knew about my brony-ness also became a brony in a matter of minutes.

• DJOleman

DJOleman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31383651 - 7 years ago

In reply to ladydonut, #2:

thats really cool =). i haven't let anyone know yet but am thinking about telling maybe some of the people i live with. I'm not sure about my family cause e i grew up in a rural hick town and my family kind of reflects that. not sure how they would take it. and my parents help me with college. the less awkward the relationship the better haha.

• Atheist_101

Atheist_101

#31383652 - 7 years ago

I can remember not telling anyone for a couple of months, just stayed in my own little world (this was when the Steam group didn't have nearly as many members as it does now). But one day, I was listening to Winter Wrap Up on my laptop (with headphones) and my brother ripped the cord out.... I told him about the fandom, he use to make fun of me, until one of his favorite people did a shout out to us and now he just doesn't care much. When my mom found out, she bought me a couple of ponies, and she's going to buy me a few shirts form welovefine. So it's all good :D

• DJOleman

#31383653 - 7 years ago

In reply to Atheist_101, #4:

cool. I'm thinking of getting a few shirts from welovefine myself. also got a girlfriend just recently and am now trying to figure out how best to tell her =P i think she will understand though. she cares about me alot and i care about her so hopefully she doesn't find it too weird...guess ill find out.

• Atheist_101

Atheist_101

#31383654 - 7 years ago

In reply to DJOleman, #5:

Well we can only hope she isn't a neighsayer!

• DJOleman

#31383655 - 7 years ago

definitely. she loves real horses so maybe that will make it easier for her to understand hahaha.

• ladydonut

ladydonut

#31383656 - 7 years ago

In reply to Atheist_101, #4:

Your mom sounds awesome.

I mean that in the least dirty way possible XD

• Atheist_101

Atheist_101

#31383658 - 7 years ago

In reply to ladydonut, #8:

130284063329.png

• JamesThomas

JamesThomas Lord

#31383659 - 7 years ago

I only recently discovered my broniness. After hearing so much about the show, I watched a few episodes. I really took a liking to it. I played catch and then I said out loud to myself "Yeah, I'm a brony".

• DJOleman

#31383660 - 7 years ago

told my girlfriend that i recently started dating today that i was a brony and not only was she fine with it she's interested in watching the show with me =) so awesome!

s1e4_4.png

Post edited 11/11/11 3:54AM