Forums > My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

How did you become a brony?

Posts (15)

• DeputyKitteh

DeputyKitteh

#31303914 - 7 years ago

What's your story? How did you find out about MLP and why did you join the herd?

Personally I have Roosterteeth's own Michael to thank. Ever since he became a full staff member, it's been kinda difficult to avoid the ponies.

• Atheist_101

Atheist_101

#31303915 - 7 years ago

It was quite a while ago (early 2011), I was on an image board and I kept seeing all of this commotion about ponies. I decided to watch the first episode, as soon as I heard Fluttershy's squeak (when Twilight first met her) and saw Pinkie Pie's craziness. Instant brony.

• Banjo

Banjo Overture

#31303916 - 7 years ago

When cheeseburger network created their My Little Brony page I decided to check out the source material. Really glad I did. Now I'm browsing Equestia Daily and Ponychan everyday multiple times a day. It's become kind of an obsession.

• ownatron

ownatron

#31303917 - 7 years ago

Via Memebase (C: Cheezburger) I decided to look at Know Your Meme. The first two Episodes failed to make me see the truth, but when I had a week and a half off school I decided to give it another chance and pretty soon I was hooked.

• scooperdude

scooperdude FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Dudeist Priest

#31303918 - 7 years ago

I was on a non-stop MMO Spree for a month, so after a month of not going on /b/, I decided to check it out again, I kept seeing pony threads, I thought either this is some sort of massive troll scheme, or something happened, after about 2 weeks of seeing the threads, I decided to watch the first episode. After watching the first episode, I waited about 5 days until I finally watch the second. The next day, I watched, 3-7. But what finally sold it for me to actually watch the show was this video.

• SerpentSw0rd

SerpentSw0rd

#31303919 - 7 years ago

i joined the herd the day the Cutie Mark Chronicles episode came out. it was being advertised on cartoon network for some reason. so i went to the hub channel for the first tiem and i loved the show and started watching from the begginning. it was pretty much rainbow dash that sold it for me. cuz teh commercial and the episode made a big deal about her. i was like she seems cool, i might check this out.

Brohoof

• Zoram

Zoram

#31303920 - 7 years ago

For me, it was because people all over the internet were posting ponies, and I had no idea where they came from. After my friends mutually bashed them, I realized how stupid that was, so I decided that I wouldn't hate. Later I was surfing youtube(ala recomended videos) and came upon Avast flutteryshy's Ass. After that catchy tune, I was angry for liking it. So I watched episode 1 and then episode 2(thinking wtf 2 part intro? this is LEGIT). After that I was like

OMFG JOSEPH CAMPBELL'S HERO'S JOURNEY WTF? Well, it was a traditionally crafted story with lots of unique ideas, I loved the great character design, and the animation was fun. Resisting fluttershy was impossible as well. I was sunk in for the rest of it.

Also note, things got %20 better when I was to meet scootaloo.

• Fenix_Fox93

Fenix_Fox93

#31303921 - 7 years ago

I became a brony in mid-April, right after my 18th b-day. This awesome guy got me into it after bugging me a week to watch the show. At first I a) though one of my best friends had gone completely insane, and b) told myself I'd never watch the show because it was My Little Pony. But finally, he convinced me to watch the two pilot episodes...

...Aaaand sure enough, I was hooked by the credit roll at Episode 2. Within 48 hours, I had watched all 22 available episodes, and stayed as on the ball with the new episodes as I could. Now I have a character of my own, and during one recent afternoon, I had spent about $75 on a Wonderbolts t-shirt and three figures. Oh yeah, and my all-time favorite pony is Pinkie Pie, runner-ups being Twilight Sparkle, Derpy Hooves, and Rainbow Dash.

• DJOleman

DJOleman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31303922 - 7 years ago

i have micheal from RT to thank. i heard it on the podcast and wondered what a brony was. about a month later i decided to check out the show because i didn't know anything about it. i wasn't going into it thinking it was stupid but it seemed odd to me that so many guys liked MLP. i watched the first episode and was hooked. now I'm a briny. unfortunately I've only shared that here =P don't have the courage to tell my family haha. not ashamed or bothered by it but my dad is very republican manly kinda guy and I'm worried he would disown me if he knew haha...

• ladydonut

ladydonut

#31303924 - 7 years ago

Believe it or not, this person. ambarjulieta.deviantart.com/

Take a good look at her gallery and you'll find... Lots of beautiful custom ponies, but no G4's whatsoever. What's going on?

I just LOVED her customs, the sculpts were so pretty I just wanted to stare at them all day. But there weren't a lot of them at the time. So I went to look for customs by other artists. So in my adventures in dA, I stumbled across some cartoon ponies that looked nothing like previous generations. So I got curious.

And that's how Equestria was made.

• ShadowTemp47

ShadowTemp47 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Random D20

#31303925 - 7 years ago

First contact: Oct 11
    Realization I was hoofed: January 23rd 2012

One Of My friends is heavily in the Anti-Brony camp to the point where he indirectly sent them to the herd by accident, when he was explaining this and he distaste at us bronies, I had a troll moment I would watch the first two episodes on his computer with him still logged into his YouTube account to screw with his "recommendations", little did I know this would ultimately convert me.

I watched the episodes and didn't think much about it originally but that theme song was catchy, there where times during these past few months when I would try to hum it either out loud, or in my head not realizing it and completely butchering it. Earlier this month (the 7th), I was at a table top day at my local hobby shop, I had to work so I couldn't stay the whole day (or Play any games for that fact). But ne of the DnD players group didn't show that day so he just ended up showing me pictures/meme pics of ponies on his smart phone (Derpy being one of them).

On this Monday night I decided to watch the first two episodes again (to screw with my Anti-brony Friend). This time I couldn't stop watching, after about episode 13 I realized I was hoofed and that I was a Brony, I then Immediately made the first announcement on Sailortweek's Journal Entry. I then texted my friends telling them I was a Brony and I would be joining the herd.

I have not(as of posting) heard back from all but two of them.

• angelspirit

angelspirit

#31303926 - 6 years ago

I saw a commercial when it came out.got a little curious and watched an episode. After a few seconds of it seconds of watching I fell in love with the show and characters then turned into a brony the next minute

• IAmLlamaMan

IAmLlamaMan

#31303927 - 6 years ago

In reply to DeputyKitteh, #1:

I saw a video by TheSlutFox about rainbow dash while watching minecraft videos and I watched it and the end

• caveman1509

caveman1509 Composer

#31303928 - 6 years ago

Honestly, I fell into it because of the little applejack that ray keeps on his computer monitor stand! You see her in every shot of that desk, so I think it kind of worked its way into my subconscious that ray=applejack= hilarious. That logic got me into watching an episodes... then another... and another, and by the time I saw pinkie speaking as "madame fleur" in 'Party of One' I was just swept off my hooves... so to speak.

• JoshF0601

JoshF0601

#31303929 - 6 years ago

I, too, have Michael to thank. I heard him say on a podcast a while back that he was a brony. That was the first I had ever even heard of MLP:FiM. From there I watched the show and became instantly addicted.