Forums > Off the beaten path

Alcohol may slow Alzheimer's.

Posts (4)

• quazz4life

quazz4life

#30513723 - 10 years ago

Via Fark/Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel

Now, I know that ever few years a new study comes out saying how good/bad alcohol is for our bodies.
    Wine helps us live longer, spirits destroy your innards, that sort of thing.
    This article, though, is slightly different in it's designs.
    The study talked about in the included article talks about how moderate drinking in seniors (75+) helped to reduce the risk of dementia/Alzheimer's. Now I'm not looking at the number so much as I am the general message here. And I mean broad general message. Everything in moderation.
    I'm a firm believer that, as long as you don't overdo something, the good will outweigh the bad and you'll come out alright in the end.
    Don't smoke a pack a day, but have a good cigar once and awhile (for reference, George Burns only smoked Cigars, and lived to be over 100. That's my milestone) So the message here, is don't over do it. Especially since those depends you bought won't hold a fifth of Jack.

• Taketoshi

Taketoshi

#30513724 - 10 years ago

I only smoke crack once a week. I think it's going to prolong my lifespan by a few years, which is why I picked it up to begin with.

• JHM

JHM

#30513725 - 10 years ago

YES!!!
    thats one less thing to worry about.
    my liver's fucked anyway.

• Strider165

Strider165

#30513726 - 9 years ago

I was actually on a wine tour a couple of weeks ago and they were telling me about the "red wine affect." In particular Pinot Noir is supposed to lower your cholesterol. I plan on talking to my insurance company about buying it as a medical expense. smiley8.gif