Forums > Official RTX

RTX 2012 Scary Numbers...

Posts (10)

• Parkway

Parkway

#31254745 - 8 years ago

On the podcast, Gus, Griffon, and Burnie mentioned that they want to grow RTX into a 5-thousand people event! This scares me, because even though I was unable to make it to RTX this year (even though I had tickets... smiley4.gifsmiley2.gifsmiley11.gifsmiley3.gif not happy), one of the coolest ideas about it was that it was small, personal, and private and you actually had a good chance of being able to interact with everyone. Being able to sit down and just chat with some of the staff was one of the main reasons I wanted to go, and Im sure this personal feel would be lost in a couple thousand person event. Now, even though I only recently joined the site, I have been following RT for a while and they will always be a bunch of guys in Burnie's bedroom just messing around to me, and having such this huge event just doesnt seem to fit their M.O. I understand that from a business perspective, their expanding, and all the congrats in the world to them, but it just doesnt feel right.
    EDIT: Because of these reasons, next year, I probably wouldnt be so quick to spend the couple hundred dollars to fly out to Texas for a weekend... :(

Anyone agree with me?

That's my spiel, thanks for listening and have good night. smiley6.gifsmiley1.gif

Post edited 6/28/11 8:58PM

• speed0012

speed0012

#31254746 - 8 years ago

In reply to Parkway, #1:

I understand you concerns because RTX 1 was amazing, but I have faith that the guys at RT know what they are doing. Also, I believe it was always their intention into turning RTX into a more mainstream convention similar to how PAX started.

• stevewhalley

stevewhalley

#31254747 - 8 years ago

I can see RTX taking off just like PAX. And to think, it all started with Halo :-).

• Rob_of_many_faces

Rob_of_many_faces FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31254748 - 8 years ago

yeah I kinda feel the same, I came all the way from the UK so I doubt I'll come next year, perhaps year 3 will be better after they've had a bit more time to tweak things. However Burnie mentioned that they'd like to sell about 300 vip tickets so that some people get to have a more personal experience like this year, which kinda takes the best of both worlds really.

• losingbob

losingbob FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31254749 - 7 years ago

I know how you guys feel but this gives me a chance to get a ticket I missed out because I waited 5 minutes too long. My fault I know but I'm already saving up and am not going to repeat that mistake.

• Parkway

Parkway

#31254750 - 7 years ago

In reply to losingbob, #5:

I know how you feel, and now that more time passes im starting to agree with you more and more, even though I wish I could get some more personal time with them than I am expecting. And dont get me wrong, I still love Rooster Teeth to the cockles of my heart and am already saving for next year just like you. Knowing them, no matter what, its going to be awesome :)

• Angus314

Angus314 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31254751 - 7 years ago

In reply to Parkway, #1:

On the podcast, Gus, Griffon, and Burnie mentioned that they want to grow RTX into a 5-thousand people event! This scares me, because even though I was unable to make it to RTX this year (even though I had tickets... not happy), one of the coolest ideas about it was that it was small, personal, and private and you actually had a good chance of being able to interact with everyone. Being able to sit down and just chat with some of the staff was one of the main reasons I wanted to go, and Im sure this personal feel would be lost in a couple thousand person event. Now, even though I only recently joined the site, I have been following RT for a while and they will always be a bunch of guys in Burnie's bedroom just messing around to me, and having such this huge event just doesnt seem to fit their M.O. I understand that from a business perspective, their expanding, and all the congrats in the world to them, but it just doesnt feel right.
    EDIT: Because of these reasons, next year, I probably wouldnt be so quick to spend the couple hundred dollars to fly out to Texas for a weekend... :(

Anyone agree with me?

That's my spiel, thanks for listening and have good night.

you had yickets and didnt go? blasphemy!

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#31254752 - 7 years ago

So, I think I need to point some things out here.

First, RTX this year was meant as a dry-run, so they could find out what's involved in running an event. It was supposed to be 200 people plus comped guests. The plan was always to run a convention-style event, but they wanted to start with something smaller to get their feet wet. Expanding to 5-7 thousand people should not be a surprise.

Second, there are still plenty of more intimate events, the most well known being RvBTO, RT Philly, and RvB Canwest. A couple RT Staff tend to attend each of these, and they're generally pretty small (less than 200 people). So there are chances for one-on-one time with RT Staff if you attend these events, you just won't get one-on-one time with all staff members of RT.

And third, right now all we actually have to go on for next year's RTX are assumptions based on the size of the event. We are all assuming that 5-7 thousand people means a convention-style event, but really, all we actually know is the projected size and the date. I'm not going to make any decisions about this until I actually know for sure what's going on there, because deciding not to go based on unsubstantiated assumptions seems dumb..

• Parkway

Parkway

#31254753 - 7 years ago

In reply to Angus314, #7:

Yeah I know, imagine how pissed I was?!

In reply to DiMono, #8:

I understand all of this and commend RT for their ambitions. I love the idea, I just wanted people to know my IMMEDIATE reaction to the "announcement?" of a huge upgrade in size. Also, dont you worry...I'm still going ;) See you there?

• DoubleBookz

DoubleBookz

#31254754 - 7 years ago

I loved RTX last year! It was amazing! And I'm excited to see it grow.... There are tons of smaller group things to do, but honestly it was really amazing to see everyone who all loved the same thing.. Rooster Teeth! And don't forget about Side Quests!!!! I'm excited to come back and I look forward to seeing my friends I met last year! And meet new ones! smiley12.gif