Forums > PC Gaming

Doom II - Have something to say? Shoot!

Posts (113)

• RoyalThug

RoyalThug

#3410334 - 13 years ago

I have Doom 95 installed on my WindowsXP, it includes Plutonia and TNT episodes. I think its Final Doom

• mercchurch

mercchurch

#3414543 - 13 years ago

awesome.
    im still having the problem of joining servers
    once someone from america joined my server on doomsday - but i can never join.

• LorD_BaZ

LorD_BaZ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#3426722 - 13 years ago

Yes that is Final Doom. Do yourself a favour and get rid of Doom95. First page of this thread I have a huge write up about modern alternatives that work fantastically and also expand doom to insane degrees.

• mercchurch

mercchurch

#3436105 - 13 years ago

lol
    get rid of doom95?
    what do u mean lol
    sorry

• LorD_BaZ

LorD_BaZ FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#3436790 - 13 years ago

I thought I explained this to you before :P Keep the game files (The ones that end in .wad) and delete doom95.exe, because it's a peice of crap. Then go to doomsday's webpage or zdoom's webpage and get yourself a modern port that works and has features of niftyness.

I was mostly pointing this out to RoyalThug.

• mercchurch

mercchurch

#3436896 - 13 years ago

oh yeah
    i get it now
    so that means i can play on the internet
    do u hav e a link?
    g2g later

• LorD_BaZ

#3436917 - 13 years ago

Doomsday has internet, you've mentioned it many times you've tried to get it working. Your best bet is to ask on the forums and they are linked to on doomsdays homepage.

• mercchurch

mercchurch

#3436925 - 13 years ago

lol other ppl were asking about it
    ppl asked and
    iunno it's weird, coz ppl probably answered over an email or soemthing, coz an answer never seems to come up
    maybe it's coz we both have servers.

• LorD_BaZ

#3436929 - 13 years ago

The best bet is to tell people to look it up on the site of the program they are using and probably a little common sense, but given that parts not likely, looking it up is more often than not the best answer.

• mercchurch

mercchurch

#3453563 - 13 years ago

lol
    yeah oh well
    it would've been loads of fun but I guess that's the way it is.
    Ahh...
    it's a shame, doomsday doesnt work on my mums computer!
    weird.

• LorD_BaZ

#3459098 - 13 years ago

Hmm, should do unless it's a simple computer. Doomsday absolutely needs a GL Capable video card, while a basic TNT should get away with it, given it's not doing anything really hard but something like a GeForce 2 is probably minimum. If it's an old machine with onboard then it's going to be far to basic to run doomsday.

Also, if it does have something capable of basic GL, then have a check of it's drivers. Many cards get new capabilities added to them via software in the drivers, so atleast semi-recent drivers are always a must.

• mercchurch

mercchurch

#3466463 - 13 years ago

yeah im not gonna get that techinical
    it worked on the school computers - and THAT is saying something. It was having trouble on account of the screens, coz they aint lcd.

anyway i got it to wrok by tampering in the grpahics category of doomsday

• mercchurch

mercchurch

#3673288 - 13 years ago

wow this forum has died down.
    Just letting people know that we tried a doom 2 lan the other day.
    it was at school.

we just cant get the lan to work with doomsday.
    and i cant play doom without a mouse lol.
    same old problem.

so what's new ppl?