Forums > PC Gaming

Star Wars: Empire at War Demo

Posts (48)

• caboose31014

caboose31014

#3504266 - 13 years ago

well if anyone can get it for less than half a gig tell me... i can get a t3 connection... i just need to be able 2 put it on my flash drive

• infra

infra

#3504291 - 13 years ago

In reply to DEIFAN2006, #25:

Not at all
    I don't know if your post is a question or a statement so I'm going to explain my point anyway
    As posted before, this is a RTS (Real Time Srategy) game
    Think Warcraft, Ages (of Empires, of Mythology, of Kings, etc.), Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, etc (go here if you want to see pretty much every mainstream RTS game ever made

Now for my little review.

GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!! THEY SUCK!!! The units aren't detailed at all. I kept mistaking my Rebel Soldiers with my Plesk Soldiers. That was until I realized that the only graphical difference (very important) was the the Plesk had rocket launchers (which looked like they had a huge arm. In order to know which unit I was choosing I had to hover the mouse over it just to wait for the tooltip (which takes a looooong time to show up (which can be crucial in a battle)

But graphics aside, I liked the game a lot. The space/ground battles idea is a very good one but sadly it's already implemented in another Star Wars game: Battlegrounds II. And I liked better the space battles in Battlegrounds II

Also as It's said before, it's very complicated to learn to play this game even tough it's only two factions/races. Mainly I think this is because you have to think in two modes: Space and Ground. And inside those there exist many styles and strategies like any other RTS, so this brings a very unique element to the table

• guitar_freek

guitar_freek

#3510519 - 13 years ago

i played the demo. its ok. not enough to do in it. i dont like how you build a army and then go fight. i like the classic rts. like battlegrounds. or age of empires

• iceman0486

iceman0486

#3517879 - 13 years ago

With Battlefront II though, you cannot command your men (ok, you can tell like four men to follow you) to do anything. This is the difference between a shooter and a RTS.

And remember, this is just the demo, hopefully, the graphics will get trimmed up before the final release.

• michalev

michalev

#3518485 - 13 years ago

In reply to iceman0486, #29:

guitar_freek was talking about Star Wars Battlegrounds not Battlefront, Battlegrounds is an RTS the was made in the Star Wars universe.

• Hellbaniac

Hellbaniac

#3526111 - 13 years ago

This game is more like Star Wars: Rebellion than anything. Empire at War just adds the element of ground based RTS instead of only having space based.

• Winters_rain

Winters_rain

#3532443 - 13 years ago

I loved this demo sooooo much but only because I downloaded a mod that unlocked EVERYTHING at the start the mod is here files.filefront.com/Steves+Ultimate+Mod+18+Hardcorerar/;4654403;;/fileinfo.html it basically contains all the vehicles even the deathstar!!! And 2 new planets to battle on.

• Hellbaniac

Hellbaniac

#3533045 - 13 years ago

In reply to Winters_rain, #32:

Damn, that makes it tough right off the bat. Nothing like having to fight off almost a dozen Star Destroyers and several dozen wings of TIE fighters.

Nice though, this'll liven things up a bit.

• Winters_rain

Winters_rain

#3533501 - 13 years ago

In reply to Hellbaniac, #33:

Yeah after playing that with the mod I kinda HAVE to get this game, it is the first SW game to finally accuratley give decent space combat.

• birdman14

birdman14

#3535431 - 13 years ago

I've played through the whole demo about 3 times. Its so freakin' awesome I cant wait!

• fuchtherezer

fuchtherezer

#3541184 - 13 years ago

Yup I used that mod, its amazing, but the death star doesnt appear on the map when you initiate a space battle, still tho its fun being able to create a fleet of 100 star destryers. ^^

• michalev

michalev

#3594182 - 13 years ago

Only 2 more weeks till release, Feb, 16th.

• CloneTrooper

CloneTrooper

#3596549 - 13 years ago

Mmmm this is another game im going to have to buy...

God I love having a job, I havent bought so many games in such a short time, like i have been doing, ever ;p

• Anticonsole

Anticonsole

#3699936 - 13 years ago

I'm having trouble beating the tatoine part of the demo campaign has anyone taken out the shield generator?

• iceman0486

iceman0486

#3703546 - 13 years ago

Anyone know the PC requirements for the game?

• appledude212

appledude212

#3712964 - 13 years ago

In reply to Anticonsole, #39:

Easy. Build 2 companies of T4-B tanks, 1 company of Artillery, and a platoon of Plex soldiers.

Now after you're forces are down on the planet, charge your T-4B's through the shields, and follow suit with your Plex Soldiers. Have them concentrate on the AT-ST's, Turbolasers, and Stormtroopers. Then move your Artillery Company in and have them fire on the shield generator. If all things go as planned, the shield will be down. Now soon after that, there'll be a counter-attack by Imperial Tanks, so concentrate your Artillery on them, or call in an Air Strike to wipe them out. There'll be scattered reistance but you should be able to get to the Imperial buildings and destroy them.

• michalev

michalev

#3721889 - 13 years ago

Full game comes out today, Yay!

• xDAKx

xDAKx

#3722100 - 13 years ago

In reply to iceman0486, #40:

right here my good man smiley8.gif

The demo was great and the Mod to unlock everything was great too. I can't wait till I get my hands on it. smiley0.gif

Also if anyone is looking for a good EaW site which is great if you want to play EaW online check out empireatwar.org which is an a part of Gamereplays.org Here are the EaW forums, if there is anything you need to ask about EaW, here is a geat place to do it.

• Kilty_MacAle

Kilty_MacAle

#3723191 - 13 years ago

I heard the graphics will be even better for the actual release of the game. I am getting it for my birthday in a few days.

• XII_Sniper2

XII_Sniper2

#3729305 - 13 years ago

This demo is massive, but, really damn fun, I wonder how big the game's gonna be.....

• Hellbaniac

Hellbaniac

#3730433 - 13 years ago

This game is now my new favorite time waster.

And it runs smoother than the demo, the graphics are a lot less choppy.

• xDAKx

xDAKx

#3731002 - 13 years ago

In reply to XII_Sniper2, #45:

If you think that's big the BFME 2 demo is 1.4gig.

• michalev

michalev

#3731947 - 13 years ago

In reply to xDAKx, #47:
    Yeah, BMFE 2 looks awesome too. i think i'm gonna get it when it comes out at the begining of March,