Forums > PC Gaming

AOE III

Posts (12)

• MetalDragon1

MetalDragon1

#3455529 - 13 years ago

I've played the previous two games and pretty much fell in love with II. I have to upgrade my PC still but I was looking into buying it. I want to know some of your opinions about the game. Things you heard, if you played it, and what you thought about it.

• Kielbasa

Kielbasa

#3456092 - 13 years ago

I've heard its pretty good. I am pretty confident that it will be worth buying since the first 2 were great.

In fact I was going to about a week ago, except damn CompUSA ran out...Sold last copy 5 mins before I got there

• ultrax1

ultrax1

#3456332 - 13 years ago

I hear it's got three discs and needs a gig o' memory. Recommended vid card is Nvidia GeForce 7800.

• BlueMoses

BlueMoses

#3456397 - 13 years ago

I own the game, and I played it. Its a lot cheaper and easier on your computer to just go buy AOE2...there's no diffference other than the graphics and some physics stuff...get a game that actually evolves the genre.

• MetalDragon1

MetalDragon1

#3456513 - 13 years ago

I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

• raccoon0

raccoon0

#3457783 - 13 years ago

bluemoses does have a point but i hear that they actully did some stuff that made it really worth the buy, and if you've played the old to death, then you'll really want the new one.

• spacemot

spacemot

#3458052 - 13 years ago

I bought it, its great fun with the new physics effects, thats primarily the only reason to play it as it isn't much different than AOE2 apart from guns and cannons. Try to avoid the patches, they've caused nothing but trouble (1.01 was fine, but 1.02 usually requires you to install on a seperate admin account, and it also removes the "attack move" button)

• MetalDragon1

MetalDragon1

#3462527 - 13 years ago

I wanted reviews from people that are cool and not any uppidy bitch biast reviews. I can search all I want and still not find any reviews from real gamers. This is why I posted this thread.

• brianboru243

brianboru243

#3502820 - 13 years ago

In reply to ultrax1, #3:

hey i bought this game and when i play it the screen gets messed up the are bars from building and stuff running across my monitor i have a geforce fx 5500 could someone please help me figure it out

• guitar_freek

guitar_freek

#3510367 - 13 years ago

In reply to brianboru243, #10:

hey, i have a geforce fx 5500 too and mine works fine. how much ram do you have? that could be the problem.

• rgalexan

rgalexan

#3656740 - 13 years ago

Anybody here pplay multiplayer? I'm interested...