Forums > PC Gaming

EVE Online Questions

Posts (6)

• kono467

kono467 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#3650866 - 13 years ago

Alright, so I have heard a bunch of stuff about this game, and I am now really interested. I went to the website, but I still don't really know much about it. I was wondering if people could let me know stuff like: How big is the file download? Does it cost any money? Are there any system requirements? That sort of thing, and anything else I should know about it. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Vidar

Vidar

#3653388 - 13 years ago

All of this could be answered on the site, if you look hard enough.

• wondersnail

wondersnail

#3655044 - 13 years ago

They have everything about the game on the site

• Cirga

Cirga

#3655835 - 13 years ago

I actually was looking into trying the trial out for this game as well recently. I havent yet.. but i do plan on it. I played EVE back in its beta days.. and I really loved the Ambiance of the game.. but I had a bad incident with the open PVP that drove me away from it.. and I never actually played it during retail.

I remember back in beta.. I had spent about a week mining rock in space.. to save up money to buy a larger ship that would make it much more profitiible vs. time during mining. I flew to the quadrant that had this ship for sale.. the only place it sold was in an area that had no security and was open PVP. I had no problems heading there.. on my way back to the jumpgate after I purchased my brand new ship.. some ass popped out and ganked me. I had no weapons.. no shields.. nothing. The ship was just empty ... had just gotten it. I know there is always a chance for it.. but after spending a week trying to get this ship.. I was pretty let down about being ganked by another player... and having it destroyed. Thign is.. he didnt get anything from kiling me.. no cargo.. no money.. no rep.. I was pretty new to the beta.

At any rate.. I have heardi ts changed a lot.. which is why I wanted to give it a go again. You may need to have a decent machine to play this game.. it is pretty vast as far as graphics go.. and how much space you roll through.

• Squat

Squat

#3656258 - 13 years ago

EVE Online has an amazing back story, better than most MMOs out there. The combat is kinda turn based but its more thought out than that. Every ship has a bunch of possible weapons and defenses so you need to try and decide what yer opponent has for defenses and then use your weapons in an order/combination that take him out (it's not a typical FPS try and shoot where he's going to be situation). It's pretty fast paced but by no means to you need to be the flash on the keyboard to win.

I played the beta but it never really caught my attention, but people that do play say it get much more fun as you gain more resources. It's also not a kill the rabbit/gain exp/level up yer character game, it's a skill based game that you buy and then take a set amount of time to learn (yer character learns the skills even while yer offline).

Yes it will cost money to play every month. I don't know what the system requirements are, I'm sure there's a FAQ on their site though.

• Pixie

Pixie

#3656635 - 13 years ago

www.roosterteeth.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2182945

Duplicate thread. Locked.