Forums > PC Gaming

Day Of Defeat: Source Free Weakend

Posts (18)

• HacknKill

HacknKill

#3673433 - 13 years ago

Day of Defeat: Source is the latest version of the WWII online action game from Valve®. This weekend, everyone is invited to try DoD: Source for free. Join the ranks as Axis or Allies troops located in Western Europe during the height of the war in 1944.

Install Steam and then you'll have everything you need to try DoD: Source for free.

Is anyone going to be taking advantage of this great offer? I wish I could but I am away from my home PC most of this weekend so I will not get as much play time as I would wish.

Post edited 2/11/06 2:22AM

• Arcarsenal

Arcarsenal

#3673447 - 13 years ago

My comp is being a bitch to me now so Steam cant even connect online for some reason
    damn missed oppurtunity >_<

• Frazzer

Frazzer

#3673483 - 13 years ago

...interesting

• SirDeeSee

SirDeeSee

#3673581 - 13 years ago

My computer would spontaneously combust if I even tried to run anything :Source on it.

Srsly.

• elpato84

elpato84

#3674445 - 13 years ago

I'm trying it. It's pretty nice.

• sTEVOsAUR

sTEVOsAUR

#3675974 - 13 years ago

It does look good and the gameplay is pretty nice. But I need to upgrade my video card and ram for it to run smoothly. I'm so pist is didn't run smooth. My choke was like at 45. My ping was great though. Fps give or take 25. I'm glad they gave us a free weekend to test it, cuz i woulda been even more pist if I had bought it.

Is there anyway I can bring my choke down at least?

• nofxmn1

nofxmn1

#3676825 - 13 years ago

OHH!!

• frogiggy323

frogiggy323

#3678416 - 13 years ago

I've been taking advantage of it since yesterday!

• 3van

3van

#3683920 - 13 years ago

Yah, I played it at one of my friends' houses. His dad was getting it installed. It was pretty damn fun.

• longy

longy

#3688622 - 13 years ago

I keep getting an error >.<
    Oh well, i really think i'm going to buy this though, been planning it anyway but now i know my computer runs it... well.. *hee hee*

• HacknKill

HacknKill

#3690577 - 13 years ago

I played it for like 1 hour last night, it was ok, prefer CS:S though

• corbor4

corbor4

#3691281 - 13 years ago

i tried desperately to get this thing installed in time to play it once, but have you ever tried to download 600 something megabytes over dialup?......................its just...........................the horro.........................THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!

• HacknKill

HacknKill

#3691290 - 13 years ago

it took me over 150 minutes and I was on 512!

• lanmonkey

lanmonkey

#3691310 - 13 years ago

I got it but wasn't able to play it. is it available to play forever after you download it? or can you play it just for the weekend?

• HacknKill

HacknKill

#3691314 - 13 years ago

it's over now, it's preloaded ready, but you have to pay

• Tulkass

Tulkass FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#3692249 - 13 years ago

Weakend
    hahahahahaha moron

anyways. Man it was good to play again. I forgot how godly the Mp44 was. and big of a bitch the 2nd american flag can be when entrenched by 3 snipers and 2 mgs :D

• Rye_G_Dragon

Rye_G_Dragon

#3696873 - 13 years ago

My father formatted the PC and he won't let me install NOTHING until he is satisfied about how it is run and if all his programs work well..

I can't install a single game and steam would be my first choice. All well I guess I can't try DOD source for free (I wanted to try it before I buy it and see if it is worth getting it besides Improved graphics.)

• Jer909

Jer909

#3698335 - 13 years ago

I pre-loaded it for the weekend and compared to CoD 2 it was a really big let down. I was so hyped about staying up all weekend and playing it but after a couple of hours I coudn't play it anymore and switched to CoD2.

I still love and play CS:S though.