Forums > PC Gaming

Opinions about Alienware?

Posts (12)

• brainshivers

brainshivers

#15204233 - 7 years ago

I'm thinking about buying Alienware laptop in summer and I wonder if anyone of you people had some experience with it or just have an opinion about their stuff.

• EDJE

EDJE

#15204896 - 7 years ago

Do it just for the logo on the back of the laptop. You'll be covered in bitches.

• Pherby

Pherby

#15204909 - 7 years ago

I would rather build my own.

• sdavis117

sdavis117

#15204936 - 7 years ago

Alienware is a ripoff in all cases.

An ASUS laptop with a GTX560M will cover any games you want to play, and it costs a fraction of the price. If you want a desktop, which is honestly the better solution, build your own. NEVER BUY ALIENWARE. That is the rule that applies 100% of the time to any question you may ever ask.

• brainshivers

brainshivers

#15205070 - 7 years ago

Okay, thanks for opinions.

• iRawrz

iRawrz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15205182 - 7 years ago

Who ever says Alienware computers are terrible are simply wrong. They work great, they are just over priced for their parts. I'd suggest looking into custom Sager or Asus laptops for a comparison though.

Also, keep in mind it may be cheaper to simple build a gaming desktop that will run better than the laptop and you could also buy a cheap laptop for everyday use.

• sdavis117

sdavis117

#15205311 - 7 years ago

In reply to iRawrz, #7:

I never said anything about their quality, it's just that they are more overpriced that Macs, which is saying something.

• iRawrz

iRawrz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15205405 - 7 years ago

In reply to sdavis117, #8:

I wouldn't go as far to say that. They are still up in the way overpriced range as far as desktops. But when it comes to a laptop, Alienware is a serious option.

• sdavis117

sdavis117

#15205648 - 7 years ago

In reply to iRawrz, #9:

It's still pretty overpriced. An Alienware Laptop is several hundred dollars more expensive than a comparative ASUS or MSI laptop.

• wilson93b

wilson93b FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15212085 - 7 years ago

Like #4 suggested, you should check out the ROG ASUS series of laptops. They are a bit bigger than most laptops, but the performance and price point are the best you'll find on the market. You'll want to keep them on a plug though, running from the battery lowers the performance a fair amount, and battery life isn't the best.

• Cyberclops14

Cyberclops14 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15212977 - 7 years ago

If you plan to play games portably, get an ASUS or something. If not, then don't bother getting a laptop and build your own computer.

• Billgatez

Billgatez

#15214011 - 7 years ago

Aliainware is over priced, there are far better and cheaper laptop's. take a look at Asus, Maingear, Voodoo. What ever gaming laptop you buy be sure to buy a cooling pad as they get dangerously hot.