Forums > PC Gaming

Coolest Things, Minecraft

Posts (24)

• Deefour

Deefour FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15250376 - 7 years ago

Hey everyone, i was just wondering/ getting ideas...what are some cool things people have done in Minecraft? I mean like, house ideas and things to do in survival mode to keep you interested. As much as going into creative mode can be very fun, to me Survival mode is way cooler, and a lot more fun.

1The coolest thing I have done, was in my old server with a few of my friends, i build this really cool 3 story house,about 7x11 blocks...and i had 2 waterfalls starting to the right and left of my top floor balcony..Much like Gavins house in the Plan G, i had bunch of art work, and the irish flag made of wool in the ground, it was defiantly a lot of fun to make..anyone else have some cool house feature, stories?

• WIlhelmgrimm

WIlhelmgrimm

#15253350 - 7 years ago

The Mines of Moria, built to scale! I don't think I'll be playing ever again after seeing this...

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15253455 - 7 years ago

In reply to WIlhelmgrimm, #2:

Holy shit.

• HandsomeHobo

HandsomeHobo

#15254955 - 7 years ago

In reply to WIlhelmgrimm, #2:

Apparently it took about 40 people working nonstop for several months to do that project. The amazing thing, in my opinion, is not that it was built, but rather that it was all done legit and hand dug. All the blocks needed to be mined first, it's incredible.

• Deefour

Deefour FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15256070 - 7 years ago

jesus christ lmfao

• XPatientZero

XPatientZero FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15260070 - 7 years ago

I think that there's something that is going on in a server that is similar to the Mines of Moria except they are trying to create all of Middle Earth, or at least what they know. I'm not sure if they are making it in creative mode or not. Either way it's pretty impressive I thought

• Deefour

#15260072 - 7 years ago

i wonder if this thread is where they talked about it in the podcast =P

• WIlhelmgrimm

WIlhelmgrimm

#15261185 - 7 years ago

one can only hope

• TGamingPlaza

TGamingPlaza

#15268093 - 7 years ago

I have a series on Youtube where I make my friend build ridiculous structures in like 10 minutes XD
    Go check it out, he's terrible and its pretty funny!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdVVTSCaktY

• jdog90000

jdog90000

#15272536 - 7 years ago

I just poured lava everywhere, it makes everyone look sick. LAVA :O

• liinked

liinked FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15278445 - 7 years ago

if you've got a lot of time on your hands try making a castle or something out of smoothstone on survival, can consume half a day if you start from scratch!

• JOHNWASHERE

JOHNWASHERE

#15279996 - 7 years ago

it would be nice to have more people contributing to the server

• AWebsiteTrol

AWebsiteTrol

#15280653 - 7 years ago

img804.imageshack.us/img804/1070/20120625214125.pn...

Whilst this is relatively unfinished, I'm trying to make an entire city, which then can be destroyed in some fun PvP. Hopefully...

• boioi

boioi

#15286432 - 7 years ago

If try some new custom maps or mods. There are alot of things that can make the game a ton more interesting.

• DaBeaver

DaBeaver

#15286553 - 7 years ago

The coolest thing in Minecraft I have ever seen would probably be the scientific calculator someone made. It was pretty cool and there was a ton of redstone. Also if you're looking for something cool to do/build get the mod tekkit it has some really cool stuff in it.

• JOHNWASHERE

JOHNWASHERE

#15287309 - 7 years ago

roosterteeth.dyndns.org has a extra house for someone that wants it
    2012-06-30_204535.png

• flipoffaclif

flipoffaclif

#15293179 - 7 years ago

how about this

fleet1.gif

i am a minecrafter obsessed with star trek and this is only the beginning of the minecraft creations i have made and continue to make enjoy

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15293300 - 7 years ago

In reply to flipoffaclif, #18:

I think you need to create a Minecraft diorama from Deep Space 9 of the Federation vs. The Dominion ;)

• Deefour

#15293337 - 7 years ago

i think you should watch star wars and make some stuff of that XD

• default_ex

default_ex

#15293886 - 7 years ago

Inspired by plan G and my love of puzzles, I've constructed a trap for my brother, just waiting for him to get back from camping to see him fall for it. It's a large building. The front door is comprised to 2x2 stone brick attached to sticky pistons hidden behind the walls, with two pressure plates in front of them wired up with some redstone to open the doors (like automatic doors at stores). Upon walking inside there are two more pressure plates which look like they would open the doors back out, but are instead wired up to a massive redstone circuit under the floor.

Along the walls is a series of restone torches that turn off exactly one second apart from each other, a 30 second countdown. Not far into the room in the center is a riddle on a sign. Besides it are multiple choice responses (4 responses).

Upon answering each riddle, the blocks it's on recede into the floor and ceiling, then holes open in the ceiling and floor. Should the questions be answered correctly water flows down in columns, and through hidden + shapes blocks of TNT. Should the questions be answered incorrectly lava flows down in columns through the same holes, igniting the TNT.

It took me 5 hours just to build the rooms complete with tick down circuit. An hour making the building look too cool to resist going in, which I accomplished by a series of restone light blocks which circle from behind the building to the front doors, lighting up in sequence to form a "go here" sort of indicator.

• default_ex

default_ex

#15293889 - 7 years ago

Oh yeah forgot to mention, originally that puzzle was going to be a self-reconfiguring maze. But I could not develop a filter system to turn a bunch of redstone RNGs into a suitable maze system after clearing out a 60x60 chunk, simply wasn't enough room and all the repeaters required created funky timing on walls opening and closing.

• TheAlrod360

TheAlrod360

#15298267 - 7 years ago

Make a village out of TNT.

• _W2daERN_

_W2daERN_

#15298972 - 7 years ago

Not as cool as some of the superstructures out there, but I've built most halo vehicles (yes, including the Scarab) in about 1:1 scale.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2SmHF6OLeY