Forums > PC Gaming

Rooster Teeth Minecraft Server

Posts (5659)

• MaxPower51

MaxPower51

#15265346 - 7 years ago

I was wondering if anyone can help me set up a Minecraft sever for members of the Rooster Teeth community. If anyone can help me set one up and get it going please post here. I was thinking that the best way would probably get the RT staff to get it going but we're probably unlikely to get their attention so let's get one going ourselves.

• kaos_poison

kaos_poison

#15265458 - 7 years ago

I was part of a pretty large Minecraft server i also have some friends that own one so i could probably get their help. WARNING: i am not a professional but if you want some help i will do the best that i can.

• MaxPower51

MaxPower51

#15266191 - 7 years ago

In reply to kaos_poison, #2:

ok, I was thinking we might have to get a dedicated server because i might get a lot of trafic

• Nexagelion1

Nexagelion1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15267507 - 7 years ago

Ive admin'd a smaller server a few times before. Bigger servers can be expensive, so if do an official unofficial RT server we would need plenty of spots available and need proper permissions and whitelists and things of that sort. Admin of even a 15 person server can take up a few hours a week. For a larger one we would need 2-3 people dedicated to running it, and again, cost.

• Bizzacks

Bizzacks

#15267509 - 7 years ago

I highly recommend beastnode. I run my own tekkit/bukkit server through them and I live in country Australia, still really quick, no lag. etc. Perhaps look into them? [you get a free sub-domain (custom ip), mumble server (voicechat through browser?) and a copy of buycraft. (players can buy kits through paypal. Like the ViP kit promotes them to ViP or something and you can set it up to time out etc). (If you are unfamiliar with any terms, its best to google them.) all really good bonuses with amazing tech support. Well from my experience anyway.] I'm also no professional but im happy to assist you too Max. Were you thinking a plain vanilla server or bukkit or what? L

• Nexagelion1

Nexagelion1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15267515 - 7 years ago

In reply to Bizzacks, #5:

I have always used bukkit in the past and had great success with it.

• Bizzacks

Bizzacks

#15267530 - 7 years ago

In reply to Nexagelion1, #4:

Ive admin'd a smaller server a few times before. Bigger servers can be expensive, so if do an official unofficial RT server we would need plenty of spots available and need proper permissions and whitelists and things of that sort. Admin of even a 15 person server can take up a few hours a week. For a larger one we would need 2-3 people dedicated to running it, and again, cost.

Very true. Does anyone here know yml and json files and all that 4 if you want permission plugins and all that? This is a huge under taking and given Im a student and I run my own server i cannot afford to pay for a $60 a month server (88 slots). You will need admins in every part of the world however so when you are asleep someone can be contacted and all that. I'm just saying its going to be very difficult, however if people are committed then If you want I can help. (My server has not got enough slots for my 21 players and I haven't made the server ip public yet so yeah it's getting pretty big, just so you know my experience and all that.

• Nexagelion1

#15269255 - 7 years ago

In reply to Bizzacks, #7:

Permissions mods and a whitelist with multiple worlds would be the only way to go here. I have no doubt that we would get the usage from the server, and I am willing to be one of the admins and even take up some of the cost of running the server.

I dont know about needing one in all parts of the world. Admin emails would be available and we would have to make a group here on the site with a thread for whitelist access to certain worlds on the server, but one survival map should be available to those that dont have multiworld access. Creative maps are whitelist only as far as I am concerned. Ive worked with multiworld mods before as well. And I am sure that if I needed some advice, the person who runs our Enforcer server would give me some tips.

We need more input from the community however on how many would like this to become something or if it is just going to stall out.

• kaos_poison

kaos_poison

#15269290 - 7 years ago

i would also help cover some of the cost. I think that if we start a group asking who would want one and see how many join we could determine the amount of slots we would need. another thing is donations for ability's if we go that path or we just give everyone all ability's as the first way would help cover some of the costs.

• JOHNWASHERE

JOHNWASHERE

#15270321 - 7 years ago

I can run it off my computer donations would be nice and be able to purchase a domain like roosterteethminecraft or if we could get roosterteeth, I also am willing to run a vent server let me know btw I've had 200 ppl on a server it wasn't very good because of the permissions but if i was making money to do that i would be a little better ya know.

• Nexagelion1

#15270591 - 7 years ago

In reply to JOHNWASHERE, #10:

That would be badass. We would have to figure out costs and stuffs like that.

If MORE people would say something here to show interest in this idea, then maybe we'd be able to figure something more out.

• Riista

Riista

#15270697 - 7 years ago

[color=pink]I am all in for this, Johnwashere is my fiancé and we have hosted some pretty awesome mine craft servers before. We just didn't have enough people to manage them. John was going to also ask if rooster teeth would give us a sub domain for the server. Also I want very much to play with Gavin. o -o" [/color]

• Riista

Riista

#15270700 - 7 years ago

BTW, BBC for forums is obviously broken.

• ag_poetz

ag_poetz

#15270715 - 7 years ago

Hi -- just wanted to say that I definitely support the idea of a Rooster Teeth server. Everyone here seems to be talking about how to run it, and I don't think I'd be much help with that, but I'd kind of like to see this happen.

• JOHNWASHERE

JOHNWASHERE

#15271272 - 7 years ago

if someone could email one of the rooster teeth guys and put them in contact with me we could get the ball rolling

• Eruannaon

Eruannaon FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15271367 - 7 years ago

I've been on some of those big servers before and ran a few small ones myself. Only thing I can recommend is to setup the rules and regulations up front. Maybe start running a map now to start creating a start town, or setting up spawn points, depends on what theme you want to entire thing to be like. Do we want to dedicate regions to people, what do we do about trolling/gripping?

I would love to jump onto a server forthe community as long as it's setup right :)

• JOHNWASHERE

JOHNWASHERE

#15271482 - 7 years ago

im gonna start working on the map today once i get my server set up and then i will grab world edit, bperms, and essentials for now any other plugins you guys would want.

• Eruannaon

Eruannaon FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15271497 - 7 years ago

In reply to JOHNWASHERE, #17:

A while back a had an idea of running a server where we would allow for 2 groups of people to create there castles/base or what not for 1 week and then on the weekend have a battle royal to find out who has the best base. If you protect the walls (new patch in Minecraft does it without a mod) and have like a ranking (possibly diamond) you could find out who get the best design. Think of it you could have limitless possibilities: People who just mine for diamonds and not build (hope to out battle the other team), people who build mazes, people who build trapped dungeon, locked doors. It would be great.

Otherwise I think we should create a hub and then just let people attach to it see what kind of stuff comes out :)

• JOHNWASHERE

JOHNWASHERE

#15271506 - 7 years ago

expand on the hub idea

• Eruannaon

#15271514 - 7 years ago

In reply to JOHNWASHERE, #19:

Like a central city area where you setup the new player spawns, safezone, trading posts, possibly some type of minecart system everyone can attach to. Basically just a place for everyone to meet up if everyone has there own dedicated area.

• Nexagelion1

#15271586 - 7 years ago

In reply to Eruannaon, #18:

Sounds like Nations at War minecraft PvP mod community. Great guys though. Ive played in a few of the Minecraft Marathon skirmishes with/against them.

In reply to Eruannaon, #20:

That requires so much building and setup, even with a lot of people. Starting the server up initially would probably just be a simple build/survival worlds with some other worlds being added in later for things like PvP and stuff.

• 1Darkjester

1Darkjester FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15271639 - 7 years ago

Totally down for this. Let us know if some one starts up a PayPal account or something to donate to for funds. Perhaps they could put it on twitch tv as i know some people there have donation banners on the bottom to support their habits. Really would love to get some RT guys involved.

• Riista

Riista

#15271732 - 7 years ago

Me and John just watched the achievement hunter videos for mine craft on the xbox, we are starting the spawn area for the server and john thought it would be a cool idea to make an exact replica of the area that was created for the video Plan G. I however think that we should do something more extravagant, still having a logo of course. As far as the logo in the middle of the spawn point he wants to put the achievement hunters logo, I think we should do the rooster teeth logo since the server would be representing the rooster teeth website and not just the achievement hunters themselves. It would help a lot If I could get input right away, It's not like I have anything better to do. This is on top of my priority list right now.

• Riista

Riista

#15271789 - 7 years ago

In reply to Eruannaon, #20:

Me and John would like to know how much you know about being an admin on a Bukkit server. We might make you an admin depending. To everyone; send applications for Admin/Moderator to FantaBearr@yahoo.com, subject; App.

• Riista

Riista

#15271791 - 7 years ago

In reply to 1Darkjester, #22:

What are you thoughts on post #23?