Forums > PC Gaming

Games on steam for a PC beginner?

Posts (33)

• mrexpensive

mrexpensive

#16535643 - 5 years ago

Faster than light is a great indie game that will soon get a big update. It's a rogue-like game with a sci-fi twist. It can be very challenging at times but that just increases the longevity of the game!

• jjspy

jjspy

#16539202 - 5 years ago

Garrys mod and the orange pack
    Rust
    Spores
    Half life pack
    papers please

• Ecroxx

Ecroxx

#16541180 - 5 years ago

My Picks:
    - Bastion
    - Dustforce
    - Deadlight
    - Scribblenauts
    - Torchlight
    - The Walking Dead
    - The Wolf Among Us

• Garry

Garry FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16541286 - 5 years ago

I agree with DrunkSwede, if you like sci-fi games get Faster Than Light. It's down to about £2.50 for the next 24 hours on Steam. Playing it is a bit like being Commander Adama on the Battlestar Galactica, because you manage your crew fighting space battles, reroute power and jump to different locations.

ss_052d698926073e8d407a864f0e63a486af24e

• Mortoose

Mortoose

#16541695 - 5 years ago

In reply to PirateBabe, #1:

Team fortress 2 it's free and very easy to have fun in with a few friends (spycrab is best defence)

• Mortoose

Mortoose

#16541696 - 5 years ago

Demo-pan?

• Kurli

Kurli

#16553630 - 5 years ago

It really depends on the type of game you are looking for(First person shooter, puzzle, platformer, ect). Recommendations would be easier with a narrower view on the massive number of games available on steam. Basic recommendations would be like a lot of the people before me said; Team Fortress 2 or Path of Exile. Both are free to play but if you are not into fps or moba games then they may not be right for you. I like real time strategy games like most c&c games or the Dawn of War series, although they tend to be more complicated. Hope this helps..

• FoUAnubis

FoUAnubis FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16553643 - 5 years ago

If you like The Walking Dead tv show or comics id suggest it. Great story telling, and not too intense for someone that is new to gaming. Have had plenty of friends that dont play games enjoy it.