Forums > PC Gaming

Rust Discussion (Servers, Gameplay, etc)

Posts (31)

• Elosan

Elosan

#16773266 - 5 years ago

Ok, a lot of updates have been happening lately on the experimental server, on playrust.com/ and trello.com/playrust .

Some things include new tools, such as fishing spears, and slingshots. New monster to replace the Red Animals. New animations (SWIMMING!) And more.

No update on female character models though :-( . Updates have been shown about some character customization, but not much.

One of the biggest changes is a new build system! Instead of sitting by a workbench and waiting for your building part to finish craft, you actually create a frame of the of the part. You place the frame down, and then you continue to construct it (I guess by hitting with a hammer or something). The player uses up resources as player continues to construct the part. Best of all, the more players help construct the part, the faster it will be built! You can find more information about it below.

playrust.com/thursday-devblog-11/#more-673

• Edain

Edain

#16773513 - 5 years ago

In reply to Elosan, #29:

Sounds like the crafting is taking a leaf out of space engineers book?

• Elosan

Elosan

#16784163 - 5 years ago

In reply to Edain, #30:

According to the videos shown on their newest dev-blog, it certainly seems like it.

playrust.com/friday-devblog-12/#more-711

However, one thing that I am worried about is that you will be able to gather wood from taking down building parts.

Maybe it is just me, but it almost looks like buildings are going to be much easier to destroy. However, it seems they are trying to solve this by make resources much easier to get.

The Rust Reboot will certainly be different.

• Edain

Edain

#16784208 - 5 years ago

In reply to Elosan, #31:

I just want something new to the game lol. Getting tedious waiting for something to happen.

• Jack3sixty

Jack3sixty FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16784426 - 5 years ago

playrust.com/branching-out/

Just in case no one has seen this :D

• Mar4uder

Mar4uder FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16786984 - 5 years ago

In reply to Jack3sixty, #33:

That makes me really excited to start playing Rust again :D