Posts (338)

• Devindude69

Devindude69

#16829386 - 4 years ago

What's your favorite PC game to play?

• Nimacon

Nimacon

#16829659 - 4 years ago

Diablo 2 without a doubt. Smack on the expansion with Baal and i am a happy camper. The only thing that makes me scared is playing hardcore characters, aint fun to lose someone you have leveled up for a while.

• Mobius_22

Mobius_22

#16829679 - 4 years ago

I can't really say what my favorite is, but I've sunk a lot of time into Victoria II.

• Jevanee

Jevanee FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16829801 - 4 years ago

I don't think I could say a single favourite, but Team Fortress 2, Xcom Enemy Unknown and Terraria are up there.

• ACDCrocksall

ACDCrocksall FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 0844

#16829912 - 4 years ago

I'm going to have to say Age of Empires. That was the game that got me into playing on the PC and playing real time strategies. Hell, I still play it every so often even though this game has been out since 1997.

• JoeyBeanz

JoeyBeanz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16830019 - 4 years ago

It's a toss-up between FarCry 3 and Saints Row 3. I don't know what it is, but there's just something about those two games that allows me to happily spend hours upon hours doing absolutely nothing.

• KimiKun

KimiKun

#16830216 - 4 years ago

Minecraft, I have put so much time into that game, so much fun.

• Dice

Dice wOrk

#16830872 - 4 years ago

Tizzeam Fizzletrizzess 2

• akouryo

akouryo

#16831126 - 4 years ago

I don't really play a lot of PC games, because my laptop doesn't do very well with games. Yet I've got to say my favorite PC game is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 and that's only because the PC version has the restored content mod.

• JazD

JazD

#16831425 - 4 years ago

One of my favorites is this great game called Mount & Blade: Warband. The great thing about it is there really isn't a main quest. You create a character and then start in a town and get attacked by a bandit. Then you can do whatever you want. You can get quests from people in town like take care of the bandit problem around the town or this location or rescue this person. And you need people to do this. You can hire mercenaries or get volunteers from towns. And you need to pay these people every in game week so you need to get gold.

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16831434 - 4 years ago

Hm, tough question. For me it's kind of a toss up.

Neverwinter Nights had a great single player campaign but also one of the most inventive mod communities I've ever participated in.

Half-Life was great for the same reason NWN was. Also there was a mod for it called They Hunger which creeped the ever loving crap out of me.

Baldur's Gate II had some of the most memorable characters in a game I've ever played, as well as an engrossing story line and, at times, incredibly difficult encounters that made the exploding bodies as Minsc carved his way through the foes all the more rewarding.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul was one of the most inventive, frustrating, and weird games I've ever experienced. But it also had David Bowie not only as a character but as the soundtrack.

Honorable mentions:

Arcanum; Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura for being the only steampunk game that knew what steampunk was and did it really well.

Team Fortress Classic because the Pyro had flame rockets that annoyed everyone.

Diablo, the ARPG which has had its theme cemented in my brain for two decades. Also Deckard Cain's voice. Also my aversion to succubi.

• akouryo

akouryo

#16831441 - 4 years ago

In reply to Ikagawa, #11:

I've never been big into Baldur's Gate, but I did recently think about getting it on the PS2. Any chance you might drop me a message, tell me a bit more about it?

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16831518 - 4 years ago

In reply to Akouryo, #12:

You're thinking of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance which is an ARPG more akin to Diablo and Torchlight than the RPG's on the PC. I've only played the demo for that when it first came out so I couldn't really tell you anything about it.

I can tell you that a friend of mine loved it, but she had never played the RPG's either.

• akouryo

akouryo

#16831522 - 4 years ago

In reply to Ikagawa, #13:

Oh really? That might work out even better then, I'm quite fond of Torchlight. Thanks!

Post edited 7/04/14 5:15PM

• DanBaribault

DanBaribault FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16831650 - 4 years ago

I really like FTL, just the way it plays, and some games can be incredibly easy, where as some can be insanely difficult. But, Papers Please, is a nice easy game that requires my attention and forces me to think a little.

• zeroA113

zeroA113

#16831879 - 4 years ago

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 will always be one of my favorite PC games.

• Brownmeister

Brownmeister FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16832007 - 4 years ago

The Mass Effect series will always be my favourite games. Other games really worth playing include Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein: The New Order and the Fallout series.

• AWyvernspur

AWyvernspur

#16832118 - 4 years ago

Warcraft 3 or Minecraft. GTA: SA too.

• MissLovelyMonet

MissLovelyMonet

#16832318 - 4 years ago

Sims 3! I am SO looking forward to Sims 4 on the PC. I need it NOW.

• niall

niall Bleep Bloop

#16832421 - 4 years ago

Audiosurf. It is the only PC game I play now.

• Dice

Dice wOrk

#16832792 - 4 years ago

In reply to niall, #20:

I just don''t see the appeal of that game. My friend tried to show it to me and I just had terrible nightmares of a world where guitar hero was an even worse game lmao.

• niall

niall Bleep Bloop

#16832943 - 4 years ago

In reply to DiceFace, #21:

I just love having a super face paced song and then having to actually have good reactions to get enjoyment out of the game.

• SuperHam

SuperHam

#16832950 - 4 years ago

(Not in any order) Civ 5, Gary's Mod, Total War: Rome II

• Ikagawa

#16832959 - 4 years ago

In reply to niall, #22:

You should try out Beat Hazard.

• default_ex

default_ex

#16833128 - 4 years ago

In reply to Akouryo, #12:

Baldur's Gate on PC is very different from PS2. It's a very tactical game as it progresses. The first couple of dungeons are mostly hack and slash with some strategic elements. If you give it a shot I recommend generous use of the spacebar (pause) until you get the hang of what spells work for you and what don't.