Forums > PC Gaming

Game recommendations

Posts (23)

• Wearelost

Wearelost

#17264171 - 4 years ago

I'm kind of in the lookout for a new game to start to play. I play everything from CS:GO to WoW, so I'm pretty much up for anything. Doesnt have to be a big title, Indie/underrated games is also accetable!

• niall

niall Bleep Bloop

#17264313 - 4 years ago

Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Audiosurf, SuperHexagon, Papers Please, Sanctum, Beat Hazard are a few that I used to play on PC

• Wearelost

Wearelost

#17264340 - 4 years ago

I've played Fallout 3-New Vegas, good games! I'll check the rest of your list out! Thanks, m8!

• Giantpanda62

Giantpanda62 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17264620 - 4 years ago

Mass Effect, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and Dishonored are all fantastic single player games with RPG elements. Chivalry and Mount and Blade:Warband (or it's Napoleonic Warfare expansion) are really good if you're looking for a medieval combat game (Chivalry is online only while M&B has a single player and an online). Sleeping Dogs is my recommendation for a single player open world game (think GTA in China with a Batman:Arkham style combat system) if you're in the mood for that.

• HaloHerpDerp

HaloHerpDerp

#17264926 - 4 years ago

DAAAARK SOOUULS. The first one of course. May wanna watch a good walk through first so you know what you're doing. Not as hard as people will have you think, you just need to know how to play it properly.

• Wearelost

Wearelost

#17264963 - 4 years ago

In reply to Giantpanda62, #4:

Have played all of them, really good games!

• EricTX

EricTX FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17265576 - 4 years ago

The new Dragon Age is really great.

• Wearelost

Wearelost

#17279065 - 4 years ago

In reply to EricTX, #7:

It seems kinda linear, is the story good?
    I gave Dragon Age 2 a go, but I never finished it

• Larry_9741

Larry_9741

#17280760 - 4 years ago

I just pick up Insurgency on a Steam sale. I really enjoy the gameplay, as it is much slower and deliberate that most first person shooters. Though I've only owned it for two days, and have kept to the cooperative modes rather than competitive. Not too extensive of experience behind this recommendation. I have very much enjoyed what I played though.

• Wearelost

Wearelost

#17282552 - 4 years ago

In reply to Larry_9741, #9:

I enjoy it, gets a bit repetetive after a while.

• FlappyGoat

FlappyGoat

#17282808 - 4 years ago

Crysis 3. And while you're at it, come play multiplayer with me? /so lonely

APB:R is nice. Just stay away from the rocket/grenade launchers.

Perfect World International is good if you like WoW with less cartoony graphics, and like getting buttraped by hardcore P2W cash-shoppers.

DEFIANCE. Very fun. Very free-roam. Much like. Can't update it though, so I'm stuck raging at Glyph (their version of Steam).

Shovel Knight. I bought it as soon as I saw the Rage Quit.

And if you're looking to "borrow" some classic DS games, I'd recommend downloading the DeSmuME emulator, as well as some roms. That is, if you're okay with emulators. Some roms I recommend are: World Ends With You and Devil Survivors.

• ericfloorex

ericfloorex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MiniSchmid

#17285609 - 4 years ago

Check out Broforce on steam! It's amazing, and super fun.

• KarmaFlash

KarmaFlash

#17286501 - 4 years ago

Risk of Rain and Magicite are very simple but very fun games. They are both rogue-like games with semi randomly generated generated levels.

Risk of Rain is sci-fi themed and the main focus is to collect items to augment your power. While Magicite is fantasy based and is more focused on making your equipment, but it can be looted as well.

• Sinpathy

Sinpathy

#17293411 - 4 years ago

I don't know if you're into the whole hack-and-slash RPG schtick, but VIndictus is one of the greatest FTP rpgs in my opinion.

A third person HaS, Nexon made, physics controlled, medieval fantasy RPG set in a time period where monsters known as Fomors, along with the whole fantasy basic enemies, mixed in with gratuitous violence, and kneaded with a good helping of Irish mythology, destructible and controllable environments, and you've almost got Vindictus. It's super fun to play, and there are many classes to choose from, along with a lot of replayability. Have you ever tried you manually chain down a dragon while a guy swings a pillar into it's eye? In Vindictus you can. The whole thing is fricking beautiful as well. It's visuals will make you cry.

Now keep in mind there are a few bad things about it. First off there are many annoying gold farmers intruding on your chat with a megaphone setting (it makes sense in context). Also, though updates occur every few months,. you can get through dungeons really quickly, and might have to do a lot of mission replaying. Unlike WoW, it's an instance based dungeon crawler. However, there are other features such as the Labyrinth and Raids, which can keep you occupied for a long time.

In short, if you want something fun and exciting, I wholeheartedly recommend Vindictus.

Vindictus_06.jpg

header.jpg?t=1418935650

vindictus-devcat.jpg?bb7a3b

• supergoat

supergoat

#17296844 - 4 years ago

A little older, but Venetica is an underrated Hack/Slash RPG available on 360/PS3/PC that I really, really enjoyed.

• TonytheGamer

TonytheGamer

#17300198 - 4 years ago

1. Download Star Wars Battlefront II
    2. Download GameRanger.
    3. Profit from Multiplayer

But seriously get Battlefront, The Ship, and FTL.

• Jesus_Torrez

Jesus_Torrez

#17302914 - 4 years ago

Bad Rats

• TonytheGamer

TonytheGamer

#17303111 - 4 years ago

In reply to Jesus_Torrez, #20:

You are an evil bastard aren't you? XD

• Wearelost

Wearelost

#17303377 - 4 years ago

In reply to TonytheGamer, #19:

Only played the first Star Wars Battlefront, OG

• TonytheGamer

TonytheGamer

#17303421 - 4 years ago

In reply to Wearelost, #22:

The second's good too on PC.

• Sinpathy

Sinpathy

#17303506 - 4 years ago

The best part of SWB:2 weren't the Jedi battles, but the space levels.

• Jesus_Torrez

Jesus_Torrez

#17304475 - 4 years ago

In reply to TonytheGamer, #21:

Hey, the physics in the game aren't broken, the physics in real life are broken.

• TonytheGamer

TonytheGamer

#17304479 - 4 years ago

In reply to Jesus_Torrez, #25:

XD