Forums > PC Gaming

Steam Summer Sale is coming.

Posts (30)

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#17591187 - 4 years ago

With summer fast approaching, the annual Steam Summer Sale isn't too far behind. Apparently, it could be starting as early as June 11 meaning that the sale could run through the week of E3 this year.

Regardless of when it starts, what games are you looking to grab this year? I'm personally hoping for a price drop on Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires and Resident Evil 4.

Post edited 5/29/15 11:40AM

• cmitts93

cmitts93 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gay Robot

#17591205 - 4 years ago

For me it'd definitely be Witcher: Wild Hunt, everything I'm seeing from that game looks awesome and hopefully I'll be able to catch it for a decent discount *crosses fingers*

• taylor_jake99

taylor_jake99 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17592224 - 4 years ago

See, my birthday is June 5, so I'll be rolling in dough for this summer sale. I've never played Portal or Half-Life, so that's on my to-do list. Gonna get that deal where they sell like 10 Valve games for 30 bucks. I also need Counterstrike: Source because Gmod uses a lot of those textures and I don't have them. So exicted!!!!!!

• BlueFlavor

BlueFlavor

#17592229 - 4 years ago

Rather than the $60 AAA games like Witcher 3 (which would still be nice), I always prefer getting 80% or more on 20-40 dollar games and getting older games like AC4 for $5. Specifically, I'd like to see the Home World Collection or Civ Beyond Earth get a discount.

• taylor_jake99

taylor_jake99 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17592241 - 4 years ago

In reply to BlueFlavor, #4:

I love me some Civilization :D My favorite, Civilization 4, I already own so I don't feel the need to get a different one. What has changed that would justify me getting a different Civilization game?

• BlueFlavor

BlueFlavor

#17592274 - 4 years ago

In reply to Neutron, #5:

I've only played Civ 5 with BNW myself, but I've put over 400 hours into it so....

Beyond Earth seems pretty similar to Civ 5 but IN SPACE. That and the mixed reviews mean that I will not be buying it for full price. Get it under $10 and I' more than happy to give it a go.

I convinced a friend of mine to go from Civ 4 to 5 and he hated it. Not because it was bad, but because it was so different. The only negative difference I've heard is that the diplomacy isn't quite as fleshed out.

• taylor_jake99

#17592276 - 4 years ago

In reply to BlueFlavor, #6:

If it's on sale I think I'll make the conversion, Civ 4 is pretty old lol

• DCook

DCook Titale

#17592461 - 4 years ago

I'm looking to buy whatever is on my wishlist that goes on sale. xD

Civ 5 is the bomb.com.

• meelis13

meelis13 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Estonian

#17592538 - 4 years ago

My hope is to get AC: Rogue cheap. other than that, i have most games i'd like to have.

• davi_lavonne

davi_lavonne FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17592542 - 4 years ago

I really want to pick up DBZ: Xenoverse as soon as the price goes down, as well as basically everything else. I fear for my bank account.

• SDreadnoug

SDreadnoug CCisbetter

#17592585 - 4 years ago

I really wanna see Mortal Kombat X up there or maybe a cheeky Witcher.

• K0Z

K0Z FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The Tower XVI

#17592710 - 4 years ago

013.gif

• JesseBilling

JesseBilling

#17593872 - 4 years ago

In reply to CaffeineAdct, #15:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvNzuj79jRM

• JesseBilling

JesseBilling

#17593874 - 4 years ago

Oh my god they get better!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU

• Taz94

Taz94

#17594333 - 4 years ago

I want to focus on only getting Hotline Miami 2 if it goes on sale, and try to resist the urge of buying anything else.

• SaviorSix

SaviorSix

#17594499 - 4 years ago

Honestly, there are better sales elsewhere when Steam does theirs.

Keep an eye out on Dealzon when it happens.

• HOWtwoROCK

HOWtwoROCK

#17597507 - 4 years ago

I'm skipping this summer, its too hot and the air is not so breathable. Not to mention I would just be buying games I'll never play. So why horde more games?

• CrownRose

CrownRose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17599868 - 4 years ago

I always get good deals during the summer sale, but I kinda hate how Steam feels the need to bombard me with updates. I can't really think of anything I want that will realistically be a steal this year, but I'll probably find something anyway -- I always seem to.

• El_Kraken

El_Kraken FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17603826 - 4 years ago

I really wanna pick up Kerbal Space Program, maybe bioshock 2 or 3, and dead rising would be pretty cool.

• CrownRose

CrownRose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17605381 - 4 years ago

In reply to Kab0se, #22:

I picked up all 3 Bioshock games last year for a ridiculous discount -- I can only imagine how cheap they'll be this year!

• Hellsflash

Hellsflash

#17608327 - 4 years ago

Well love the steam sale.Hope games like Call of duty advanced warfare, Dynasty Warriors 8 and Assassins creed Rogue go on sale ^^

• meelis13

meelis13 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Estonian

#17608357 - 4 years ago

In reply to Hellsflash, #24:

Rogue is on sale until next steam day. I know because its on my wishlist and im waiting for money to come over

but fallout.. i am curious about game, but i wouldnt like to pay for nothing..

• WizKoulikov

WizKoulikov FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold NoiseTank

#17610296 - 4 years ago

I was really excited for the Summer Sale, but then I realized I bought all the games I wanted during the last Winter Sale. I'm curious for what meta game they'll have for this sale.

• thecookie2

thecookie2 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17611610 - 4 years ago

Now that I finally have my PC built, I cant wait to see what the sale will bring smiley0.gif