Forums > PC Gaming

Good Indie Games on Steam?

Posts (28)

• BellaKidd

BellaKidd

#17608044 - 4 years ago

I've recently started playing a lot of really good indie titles on steam, and was wondering what were some of the communities favorites?

Currently playing a lot of Rogue Legacy and Crypt of the Necrodancer.

• AfRoSaUcE

AfRoSaUcE Mage of Hope

#17608046 - 4 years ago

In reply to BellaKidd, #1:

Starwhal is a great indie game, though it's better with friends. I also really like Tower of Guns, that's a lot of fun.

• BellaKidd

BellaKidd

#17608049 - 4 years ago

In reply to AfRoSaUcE, #2:

I haven't played Tower of Guns, Total Biscuit did a review of it a while back and I've been meaning to give it a go!

• AfRoSaUcE

AfRoSaUcE Mage of Hope

#17608134 - 4 years ago

In reply to BellaKidd, #3:

It's a really good rogue-like game (which you seem to enjoy based on RL and CotN) but it gives that cartoony feel that Borderlands gives off. I hope to enjoy it :D

• WassupImDave

WassupImDave FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17608178 - 4 years ago

Unepic.....

...Don't hurt me

• BellaKidd

BellaKidd

#17608187 - 4 years ago

In reply to AfRoSaUcE, #5:

Haha me? Like rouge-likes? What gave it away? >.> <.< If its on sale I might look into grabbing it..

In reply to WassupImDave, #6:

WE DONT TALK ABOUT UNEPIC HERE.

• FraggettX

FraggettX

#17608205 - 4 years ago

To the Moon is a very good indie game. It's probably one of my favorite games of all time.

• wyndy

wyndy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Jizanthapus

#17608213 - 4 years ago

I had a lot of fun with Gunpoint.

• gamenut_1

gamenut_1

#17608253 - 4 years ago

FTL, Game Dev Tycoon, Prison Architect, The Escapists, Besieged and The Forest.

Pretty broad spectrum of indie games going around chat.

• AfRoSaUcE

AfRoSaUcE Mage of Hope

#17608271 - 4 years ago

In reply to BellaKidd, #7:

I hear Ori and the Blind Forest is amazing as far as story and platforming goes. Also, Limbo if you never played it :D

• ShaneB

ShaneB I don't drink

#17608306 - 4 years ago

In reply to gamenut_1, #10:

all of the above

• Hellsflash

Hellsflash

#17608341 - 4 years ago

Binding of Isaac Rebirth is one of my favs.Also Spalunky and Shovel Knight are cool.

• redgandalfr

redgandalfr

#17608492 - 4 years ago

Faster Than Light, Game Dev Tycoon, Binding of Issac Rebirth, Jamestown, and definitely Transistor.

• AfRoSaUcE

AfRoSaUcE Mage of Hope

#17608508 - 4 years ago

In reply to redgandalfr, #14:

I need to play Transistor! I keep forgetting about that game.

• redgandalfr

redgandalfr

#17608512 - 4 years ago

In reply to AfRoSaUcE, #15:

The Music is fantastic, and it's really fun! It's like real time/turn-based stuff with some coding jokes.

Diablo-esque without the loot-fest.

• AfRoSaUcE

AfRoSaUcE Mage of Hope

#17608514 - 4 years ago

In reply to redgandalfr, #16:

Sounds pretty great. I keep hearing great things about the Soundtrack and that's like the main reason I want to play it. I refuse to listen to the soundtrack until I beat the game lol

• Darwinboi

Darwinboi

#17608708 - 4 years ago

If you're into the multiplayer spectrum, I highly recommend Speedrunners. Great platforming and can get very competitive. It was featured in an AH video a little while ago.

• MrDoctorDD

MrDoctorDD

#17609563 - 4 years ago

We recently picked up a game called Project Zomboid. I know, I know another zombie game, but this one is a lot different than others. Much more complex and focused on mental state of the survivors rather than shooting everything that moves. Fantastic multiplayer to boot but single player is also very good.

• fergotronic

fergotronic FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#17609578 - 4 years ago

Bastion has a cool story and a great sound track. Risk of Rain is a fun rogue likeish game, but best played with a group of people.

• BatJeff

BatJeff

#17617167 - 4 years ago

Electronic Super Joy is an incredible game that someone from this community actually worked on. It's a wicked hyper platformer. Think Super Mario on crack.

• Furey1878

Furey1878

#17618003 - 4 years ago

In reply to FraggettX, #8:

To the Moon is a very good indie game. It's probably one of my favorite games of all time.

To The Moon is superb. Couldn't recommend it enough.

• Furey1878

Furey1878

#17618007 - 4 years ago

Anodyne, Braid and Antichamber all spring to mind.

• AmazingPorpoise

AmazingPorpoise

#17619030 - 4 years ago

Surprised nobody's mentioned Hotline Mami yet. Both games are good but I'd recommend the first over the second.

• Furey1878

Furey1878

#17619160 - 4 years ago

In reply to JustPorpoise, #24:

I'm surprised I never mentioned it haha, another superb game. Only just started #2.

• asurmen

asurmen FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32832596 - 3 years ago

Evoland is a great, quick RPG. The references that games makes are hilarious.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Fez, Battleblock theater, or Castle Crashers.

As others have stated, To the Moon is fantastic and I wish there were more addon stories...maybe this winter.