Forums > Playstation

Tekken 5

Posts (16)

• CarpeNoctum

CarpeNoctum

#571491 - 14 years ago

Anyone play? Let's discuss. Favorite charecters, stages, strats, anything. Paul rules, even though he is an alien killer.....or a would be alien killer.

• nothingxjr

nothingxjr

#571735 - 14 years ago

i've played it a little, it's a pretty good game. i like the new guy that is basically Blade. Yoshimitsu seems to have become a crappy character.

• PunkBoy

PunkBoy

#571831 - 14 years ago

My best character is Hwoarang. Gotta love the sheer flurry of kicks.

• seppukuninja

seppukuninja

#572603 - 14 years ago

They didn't add/change enough from the previous games for me to buy it...

But Yoshimitsu is the fuckin man in this game. WTF are you talking about?

• CarpeNoctum

CarpeNoctum

#572826 - 14 years ago

In reply to seppukuninja, #4:

And you obviously never played any of the others to notice anything. I sure as hell see enough things.

• Riddler

Riddler

#572868 - 14 years ago

In reply to CarpeNoctum, #1:

i ahve played it in the arcade but im not to sure im gonig to buy it because soul calibar 3 is coming out

• mendozerman

mendozerman

#572967 - 14 years ago

In reply to CarpeNoctum, #1:

I've been wanting to play it but don't have the time or money right now. I've played and not quite mastered but gotten quite good at all 5 previous Tekken games and hope to add this one to the list. I'm dissapointed that there isn't online play but I can live without. Also I heard that this one has the cheapest end boss of the series. Is that true?

• CarpeNoctum

CarpeNoctum

#573709 - 14 years ago

In reply to mendozerman, #7:

Yeah, Jinpachi is the cheapest son of a bitch you will ever face in a video game.....Geez, He can stun you, use fireballs and teleport around the place like it's notthing and still do unfair ammounts of damage.......but regardless, the game is all about vs mode, much like every other fighting game worth anything. It has lots of stuff in it though for those of you who don't have alot of people to play with, or don't always have people over.

• fargelsnarf

fargelsnarf

#574820 - 14 years ago

it isn't out here til july, but i refuse to get excited about it. i bought tag, i bought 4 and they have just semmed to let me down. It just hasn't been the same since 3 on the psone.

• daveym

daveym

#1352428 - 14 years ago

I have just bought Tekken 5, great game! Probably best of the series so far but I have found one problem with it.
    For whatever reason, I cannot seem to use the left thumbstrick to move the charater around, is this possible? Or have they diasbled this?

• mr_murisaki

mr_murisaki

#1352523 - 14 years ago

I have been playing Tekken almost non-stop for the last week. Usually, I would complete the Story Mode with every character and that's it, I don't really play too much afterwards, but the grading system and money system add tons more replay value, so I'm concentrating on getting everybody to Tekken Master rank and buying every item now, which is gonna take me forever.

But yeah, it is a brilliant game. Definitely the best fighting game ever created, not just the best Tekken.

• Raiders_Fan

Raiders_Fan

#1707344 - 13 years ago

In reply to mr_murisaki, #11:

Yea, my thoughts exactly. Tekken 5 is like Tekken 3 on steroids and sugar. The reply value is HIGH HIGH HIGH.

• idolgaming

idolgaming

#2056896 - 13 years ago

Jin Kazma rules, i mean loook at the muscles on that Boy!!!!

• idolgaming

idolgaming

#2090089 - 13 years ago

i know but still hehe...i know i know..

• tekkenfreak4

tekkenfreak4

#10084960 - 11 years ago

my favorite character is mokujin, fave level is final stage from tekken 5, and the soundtrack from tekkken 5 dark resurection is the best.

• yailikegum

yailikegum

#10272720 - 11 years ago

My favorite characters are Eddie and Christi. I've won four tournaments (just at local gamestores, nothing major) using one of the two. Once you master the kick combos they are unbeatable.