Forums > Playstation

Soul Calibur 3

Posts (54)

• l33tsamurai

l33tsamurai

#798696 - 14 years ago

supposidly making its debut Summer '05, it is reviewed in the May '05 edition of The Oficial U.S. Playstation Magazine. According to them the new Soul Calibur will include several new characters and a create your own character suprior to anyother characteristic in electronic gaming

• Misfit584

Misfit584

#798705 - 14 years ago

In reply to l33tsamurai, #1:

as long as its for Xbox....but it's not the last i've heard. good luck on those load times.

• icedragon981

icedragon981

#799110 - 14 years ago

In reply to Misfit584, #2:
    Sorry, It's exclusive to the PS2

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#803760 - 14 years ago

There will be 3 brand new characters, 2 returning characters from the very first Soul Calibur game on the Dreamcast, and build your own character (no one is sure of how detailed the customization is) and some new modes.

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#803764 - 14 years ago

In reply to Misfit584, #2:

The PS2 Soul Calibur 2 had really good load times, so, yeah.

• NeoSarge117

NeoSarge117

#804016 - 14 years ago

In reply to NineBreaker, #5:

heared that maybe that dante might make a appearence.

• RoosterTooth

RoosterTooth

#804510 - 14 years ago

In reply to NineBreaker, #4:

Sorry to say but the first soul calibor game was for playstation long before the Dreamcast even came out technically the first one was an arcade game so guess I proved myself wrong there anyways I hope they put some FF chars in it *Cough Cloud & Sephiroth Cough* and maybe Solid Snake that would be tight.

• l33tsamurai

l33tsamurai

#809801 - 14 years ago

In reply to RoosterTooth, #7:
    wel they said for each platform, there would be an exclusive character, and it wont be Link, Spawn, and Hitsome (or whatever his name is, the guy from Tekken) this time

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#851657 - 14 years ago

In reply to l33tsamurai, #8:

Haihachi was his name i'm pretty sure. He was so lame compared to Spawn, but was better than Link.

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#851668 - 14 years ago

Heihachi, and I really hope he's not included in SC3 as a second "bonus."

God, I hate Tekken.

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#851763 - 14 years ago

In reply to RoadDoggFL, #10:

Agreed. However, I have to say that overall, Heihachi wasnt a terrible character if you try to use him. I tried and he was alright, but not a character I would normaly pick.

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#852334 - 14 years ago

In reply to NineBreaker, #11:

I stuck with the GC version, though grabs were less than comfortable with it.

But man, Astaroth's unblockables are great. I hit one of his best ones twice in once night one time. Should've seen the look on the kid's face when suddenly half his life was gone and so was his lead.

• Trogdor

Trogdor

#853738 - 14 years ago

Yeah, I own a PS2, but I'm real beat on the PS2 exclusivity.

I own the Gamecube version of Soul Calibur 2, so I'm really proficient at that, and all my friends have are the Gamecube or Xbox versions, plus we play the Xbox version at work all the time. So, of all the systems Soul Calibur has been on, including Dreamcast, the Playstation 2 is the only one I have absolutely no experience with.

I'll still be buying the PS2 version because it's Soul Calibur and I've always loved the franchise, but it just kinda sucks PS2 is my only option for SC3 when SC2 was available on whatever I wanted to buy it for.

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#854229 - 14 years ago

In reply to Trogdor, #13:

Actually, what really sucks is the whole create a character "feature."

• Chi_Mangetsu

Chi_Mangetsu

#854242 - 14 years ago

In reply to RoadDoggFL, #14:

It's not a requirement, though, so why complain?
    That's like bitching about the Race gametype in Halo 1.

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#854247 - 14 years ago

In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #15:

Well if friends come over with their owered up created character asking to play when I'm just using the stock characters, I'd be pissed. It won't affect me too much because me and my room mate are pretty much the only gamers in the barracks, but I can imagine it getting really annoying for people.

• Chi_Mangetsu

Chi_Mangetsu

#854335 - 14 years ago

In reply to RoadDoggFL, #16:

I didn't know Created characters got "powered up." Huh.
    I thought you just bought them accessories and new abilities and stuff. ^_^;;

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#854399 - 14 years ago

In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #17:

Abilities. My point is that with character creation comes the potential for balance issues. And how do you practice against a character that's on your friend's memory card?

• caboseboy

caboseboy

#854521 - 14 years ago

I saw, in a magizeen, that it will have alot more girl fighters, and alot more cleavage.

• Chi_Mangetsu

Chi_Mangetsu

#854526 - 14 years ago

In reply to RoadDoggFL, #18:

Make your own? 0_o

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#854589 - 14 years ago

In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #20:

Yea, but the whole point of fighting games is to learn a characters flaws and exploit them while protecting against yours. If your friend has a character with a move list you can't practice against, there's no real way to know what to expect, and there's no way to know how much freedom people will get in the creation process.

I just don't like it, I'd rather see it in Tekken since I'm never gonna play that again.

• Chi_Mangetsu

Chi_Mangetsu

#854605 - 14 years ago

In reply to RoadDoggFL, #21:

Hahahaha.... Yeah, Tekken is teh suck.
    In the light of Soul Calibur's grandeur, I mean...
    >_>
    <_<

• Trogdor

Trogdor

#854711 - 14 years ago

In reply to RoadDoggFL, #14:

Actually, I see huge potential in the create-a-character feature. It's something that's never been done right in a fighting game before. The thing I love most about wrestling games is creating my own wrestlers to get in the ring against one another and whoop on the real-life guys. I think if Namco pulls this off, it'll be just ANOTHER reason why Soul Calibur 3 will be the best fighting game of all time.

• Trogdor

Trogdor

#854729 - 14 years ago

In reply to RoadDoggFL, #21:there's no real way to know what to expect, and there's no way to know how much freedom people will get in the creation process.
    So why start complaining about already it if you really don't know what it's going to be like?

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#854749 - 14 years ago

In reply to Trogdor, #24:

Because they've already started this game with a mistake (PS2 exclusive) so I feel it's logical to expect more.