Forums > Playstation

MGS - 3 games in the works right now

Posts (29)

• Cluim

Cluim

#830458 - 14 years ago

Now who's looking for these? They're currently making a sequal to Metal Gear Acid for the psp, adding content to MGS 3 and calling it Subsistence, and of course making MGS4, the sequal to MGS2. I really can't wait for Subsistence, I don't have MGS3, so when Subsistence comes out I'll be getting that. There's a new, more strategic camera angle, more levels to Snake Vs. Monkey, more face paints that were released in Europe but not America, and full versions of the very first MGS games back in like 1990. I might of forgotten something, but that's basically it. I can't wait.

• Sanjuro

Sanjuro FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#830853 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cluim, #1:

I think the original Metal Gear was released in the late 1980s.

• Wogle

Wogle

#830860 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cluim, #1:

Don't confuse Metal Gear Solid with Metal Gear. Metal Gear was first released in 1987 on the MGSX. Metal Gear 2 followed in 1990. Metal Gear Solid was not released until 1998.

Yeah, after seeing the announcement a couple of days ago on this, I wet myself with excitement (not literally of course... Or did I?)

• Cluim

Cluim

#830971 - 14 years ago

Whatever, I'm not an expert on the older games, but I will be after I play them on my copy of Subsistence ;)

Anyway, has anyone played Metal Gear Acid? I heard it was just alright. I don't grow money so I can't get my hands on a psp, so I have to go on by saying to myself "The game probably sucks, you wouldn't even want to play it if you had it."

And mm, MGS4 is just going to be de-lish. (Sorry, I don't get a chance to use that word often, so what better place then RvB forums?)

• Lifesucks963

Lifesucks963

#831010 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cluim, #4:

isnt acid turn based? good god

• Lifesucks963

Lifesucks963

#831023 - 14 years ago

o and i think they either give you a disgeise as a KGB unit or you are one for some of the game

• dude_stud

dude_stud

#985796 - 14 years ago

Ok Hideo Kojima said he was working on a MGS online and the three listed above. the onr im most looking forward to is the online just think of the possibilities

• chopperdave

chopperdave

#987364 - 14 years ago

I'm very excited about Subsistence. My friend bought Snake Eater about a month before school ended for me and i never got to finish it. Now that i'm back home and i have my PS2 i'm gonna buy this, and revel in the third person camera.

• TheAlbacor

TheAlbacor

#988472 - 14 years ago

I swear I heard that MGS4 was going to be the one with online capabilities.

• Snake1350

Snake1350

#989003 - 14 years ago

In reply to TheAlbacor, #9:

That would rule if it was online, i would kill very one... smiley0.gif

• dude_stud

dude_stud

#1062775 - 14 years ago

In reply to Snake1350, #10:

except me i would rule all in that game not doubt

• RTawanshura

RTawanshura

#1104622 - 14 years ago

Didn't Kojima say he was done with the series. Then I find out in the teaser for MGS4 that he is working on it after all.
    That sly devil!!

• TheAlbacor

TheAlbacor

#1104664 - 14 years ago

I think he said he was done with the series after MGS2 as well.

• Metal_Monkey

Metal_Monkey

#1111299 - 14 years ago

In reply to TheAlbacor, #9:

It is going to be online.

• Shavic

Shavic

#1113709 - 14 years ago

I can see it now, You chase someone into a warehouse filled with all kinds of cardboard boxes and your like GOD DAMNIT, If you don't come out right now I'm gonna claymore this place to hell. And all of a sudden like 20 boxes stand up and all switch to the FAMAS. Rofl, so Pwned!!!

• Trogdor

Trogdor

#1124224 - 14 years ago

Metal Gear Solid has yet to let me down. I had no idea what the deal was with the first one until I rented it and actually put my hands to the controller and I was utterly blown away by the excellent stealth gameplay, engrossing storyline and excellent presentation.

Metal Gear Solid 2 kinda threw me off by taking away Snake, but the game's finely tuned gameplay more than made up for needing to be Raiden.

Of course, then I sold MGS2 in order to buy MGS2: Substence and don't regret the extra money I spent on it. The Snake Tales among other extra features made this the quintessential Metal Gear experience at the time...

Then Twin Snakes came out, and despite my gripes about the music and re-recorded dialogue (WHY?!?!), made for a fine Metal Gear experience. I only hope Nintendo loyalists who never had a PS1 bought this to experience what was one of the best games from the 32-bit or any generation of gaming. For me, it was just a fond homecoming with a new coat of paint.

Then I played Metal Gear Solid 3, which I strongly endorse as my personal favorite game of 2004, and possibly uprooting MGS1 on my top ten games of all-time list. The Gameplay destroyed any stealth game before it, I loved the characters and was more sucked into the story than ever before. My only regret is that it wasn't longer, as is my only regret with most games, so it's not TOO big of a deal.

Now... Metal Gear Acid, I'd like to not consider as part of the Metal Gear SOLID line, because I tried to play it, wanted to enjoy it due to my love of the series, but just couldn't get past it. If MGA was a traditional style Metal Gear game, I would own a PSP, it's that simple. But, it wasn't, it was this card-based debacle and I'd like to deny it's existence.

Now, we've got Metal Gear Acid 2 (gay), Metal Gear Solid 3 Substinence (I don't wanna have to buy it!) and Metal Gear Solid 4 (The reason I'll be buying a PS3 ASAP).

Now, the added content to MGS 2 in Substence made it more than worth owning, but I look at Substinence and I don't see quite the same stuff. I see expanded Snake vs. Monkey, which I didn't play anyway, and an online mode, which I won't play because my PS2 isn't online. The other added content makes throwing down another $50 questionable... but I'm so weak for MGS, I wouldn't be surprised...

...but at least I don't own the Document of MGS2 like a MGS-obsessive friend of mine does...

• Cluim

Cluim

#1157517 - 14 years ago

I still need to get Twin Snakes and the first one for the PS. I started playing MGS from Sons of Liberty. My friend had to explain to me the storyline because I got confused. I want to play Twin Snakes because it'll be interesting on my gamecube, and also the first because it's such a classic. I haven't got the third game yet, I just rented it, but I'll probably wait until Subsistence comes out then I'll buy it. That's what I did with the second one, I went and bought it at the time Substance was out, so I went ahead and got that.
    By the time I get a PS3, Metal Gear Solid 4: Substistinence will probably already be out.

• xTNxAssassin

xTNxAssassin

#1185801 - 14 years ago

it would be strange online theyd have to ger rid of the tactical reload and the rations

• Cluim

Cluim

#1189745 - 14 years ago

They explained the online mode to be pretty cool. It can be like 4 on 4, or like 7 on 1 for a game of stealth. It'll be more of a reason for me to get a network adaptor for that.

• Daxo

Daxo

#1195927 - 14 years ago

Probably a splinter cell like one where they hunt the infiltrator. I'm getting Subsistence because well... i don't have MGS3 anyway. Wasn't arsed to buy it.

• jaymo190

jaymo190

#1200981 - 14 years ago

the multiplayer feature will only allow a max of 6 players but it will still be worth it as for the online as many say it will feature a more traditional 3rd person view angle being behind the back. It will feature the first two metal gears considering this is a sequel to the first two and a prequel to the last two games. The multiplayer modes are yet to be fully announced but there is surely gonna be a deathmatch and a hide and seek mode which both sound awesome.and if i find out any more i will post it again

• jaymo190

jaymo190

#1201023 - 14 years ago

the series is far from over even after kojima they will continue with the series

• jaymo190

jaymo190

#1201097 - 14 years ago

oh yeah there will be a boss fight mode where im pretty sure you can do online selecting your favorite boss there will be more suits of camouflage and facepaints and a demo theater where you can watch all the cinematics interactively

media.ps2.ign.com/media/748/748590/imgs_1.html

click link for screenshots

• orangenitro

orangenitro

#1201307 - 14 years ago

I have every MG up to today, even the crap one on the game boy colour that had nothing to do with the story of the others...still, i look forward most to the sequel to MGS2 (3 was a prequel, in case some fool forgot) because after seeing the lush jungle graphics of 3, I can only imagine what they can do with indoor textures this time...and they are bound to add loads more moves to the game play. I wonder if they'll bring back the radar? They should, seeing as MGS4 will be back in the future part. What do you guys think?

• orangenitro

orangenitro

#1201358 - 14 years ago

Almost forgot to mention, the new Cell technology in the PS3 is gonna kick ass! The graphics are (apparently) goin to be better than the XBox 360, which is focusin more on the online aspect of gaming... I just wanted to mention this because this is gonna overhaul the graphics of MGS4...