Forums > Playstation

Devil May Cry??

Posts (48)

• Shiro_Ichigo

Shiro_Ichigo

#845758 - 14 years ago

I heard that this game was pretty good, but I dunno if I want to buy it. What are your oppinions?

• Shindo

Shindo

#845766 - 14 years ago

In reply to Shiro_Ichigo, #1:

first one good, second one crap. thrid one better thatn second but not as good as first

• Shiro_Ichigo

Shiro_Ichigo

#845778 - 14 years ago

In reply to Shindo, #2:
    Yeah I heard that the second one, the main character seemed too nice and calm compared to what he usually is.

• Metal_Monkey

Metal_Monkey

#845818 - 14 years ago

Third is the best of the series.

better weapons, better combat, harder....

• Trogdor

Trogdor

#846047 - 14 years ago

The first Devil May Cry is probably my favorite Playstation 2 game and one of my top 10 games of all time. It's definately worth picking up at your local Gamestop for $20 as an introduction to the series.

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#846071 - 14 years ago

In reply to Trogdor, #5:

Hmm, in that case it looks like my PS2 library will be doubling soon.

• faceforface

faceforface

#847794 - 14 years ago

In reply to RoadDoggFL, #6:

The first game was amazing.
    The second one was crap.
    Never heard anything about the third.

• marvel8797

marvel8797

#848374 - 14 years ago

buy first and third ONLY!
    AVOID 2ND AT ALL COSTS.

• Pepster

Pepster

#848796 - 14 years ago

since its obvious its been narrowed down to 1 and 3, i'll talk about the pros of them.

1: original, has some awesome fighting scenes, deffinitely the most dificult one. If your gonna wanna a game that is challenenging and yet addicting then yeah, this is the one. Some cool bosses, and interesting details, only thing that bugged me was that you fought each boss 3+ times. Only 3 melee weapons, one which was useless. This one didn't really show the player what was truly going on sometimes, just had you running around killing

3: This one shows way more on Dante, and has a lot of bad ass crazy cut scenes. Fighting is pretty good, although story seemed a little dryer. There are 5 melee weapons compared to number 1's 3. This one still has difficulty, although its not as hard as 1. More moves and skills etc. Also has more bosses that you don't fight over and over except for one. Has more story.

• Shiro_Ichigo

Shiro_Ichigo

#849290 - 14 years ago

In reply to Pepster, #9:
    OH! Its sounds so awsome! Thanks, I think I'll buy the game then! He he !

• TheNinjunny

TheNinjunny

#876830 - 14 years ago

In reply to Pepster, #9:

wait how is 1 way harder than 3?? Mayby 1 gets harder faster, in other words the Hell difficulty in 1 is harder than max settinf on 3, but 1 you can easily pick up and play without dying, the 3rd one takes so many do overs, and alot of getting used to combat.

Still I agree avoid 2, I bought it kus 1 was so awsume, but it sucked. 3 feels like a culmination of the first two, the good level/cutscenes(excluding the lack of talking of course) from 2 and everything else from 1.

• mr_murisaki

mr_murisaki

#877567 - 14 years ago

I can't really decide which one is better out of the first and third games. I mean, the latest game definitely has a lot of great moments: The cut-scenes, the story, the moves and the fact that Dante is the cockiest bastard I've ever seen in a video game. But then again, I can't really look away from the fact that the original Devil May Cry was still something special and did help me into playing possibly one of the best games I've ever touched.

• Metal_Monkey

Metal_Monkey

#878206 - 14 years ago

Three is ten times as hard as One =\

I mean, for me, it wasn't the EXTREME challenge because I'm a fan of the series and am used to the way it plays, but I had a ton more difficulty beating it then I did One.

• Trubo

Trubo

#886040 - 14 years ago

1 and 3 are the best in this series, both are in my top 10 list and i'm currently beating normal on 3 (then for Hard, DMD and HoH).

i have another question though...does anyone know of a site that has The Devil('s) Cry song on it? i'm refering to the one that gets played in one of the first trailers. i no longer have it and i've been longing to hear it again.

• Historydude1

Historydude1

#893981 - 14 years ago

Third one is freaking awsome! I'd buy it, especially sense the price has gone down. It a hell lot better than the second one, i feel its better than the frist one. It feels longer and the graphics are a bit sharper. If you can get it used at Game Stop or EB Games.

• squal

squal

#895437 - 14 years ago

hey i played devil may cry 3 it was really awsome u should definatly play it i gice it a 8.5/10 the only problem though is your health goes down really fast if you dont know how to play, but once oyu get good it will b no problem, the storyt line going back in time and learning everthing is really awsome so go check it out

• headset

headset

#896151 - 14 years ago

The first one is the best. The third one is ok and the second one is a piece of crap. Someone get a copy of it and we can do some skeet shooting with that one or just burn it.

• Historydude1

Historydude1

#897731 - 14 years ago

In reply to headset, #17:

I say we burn it, fire good!

• Shiro_Ichigo

Shiro_Ichigo

#898385 - 14 years ago

In reply to Sacryed, #19:
    awww.... don't be like that.... I bet you don't. *hugs*

• Trubo

Trubo

#901386 - 14 years ago

i haven't beaten 3 mainly cause i haven't had time to play it other than weekends.

• Historydude1

Historydude1

#902766 - 14 years ago

In reply to Sacryed, #19:

It was, wasnt it. It took me at least two, three tries to kill a boss.

• TheRedJoker

TheRedJoker

#904148 - 14 years ago

first... great into for the series...
    second... waste of time... bringing hope to third...
    third... give my right arm for it's that bloody good.

• fireypants

fireypants

#906735 - 14 years ago

In reply to Pepster, #9:

Also has more bosses that you don't fight over and over except for one. Has more story.

(SPOILER FOR THE LAZY PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T BOUGHT THE GAME YET)
    You made a mistake, in mission 18, you have to fight the same bosses (With inverted colored areas) to solve a puzzle and move on in a location simular to a painting of M.C. Usher. I got all 3, and the others are right, the second one sucks. But the third one is very hard and has funnier cutscenes than the first one. And the third DMC has the coolest Devil Trigger.

• mr_murisaki

mr_murisaki

#907883 - 14 years ago

In reply to fireypants, #24:

Not to mention that the third game also has the coolest weapons, especially the guitar, you can rank up a hell of a lot of style points with that thing.

• Psykaze

Psykaze

#909676 - 14 years ago

Depends what your looking for in the game. I loved the first one cos it contained one of the greatest storylines i've seen on a ps2 game in a long time (.....course its no mgs/silent hill.....) buy it, even if u need to sell your second spleen! Third one has a combat system that deserves a medal of some sort, but lacks the great story, although it tries. The second one.......well it HAS guns.......and people DO talk........i think people have already sold it as the 'great' game it is.