Forums > Playstation

Mem cards, or hard drive?

Posts (22)

• bigt741

bigt741

#895424 - 14 years ago

Does anyone have any kind of proof of what kind of storage device will be used to store game saves on the ps3?

• bigt741

bigt741

#895807 - 14 years ago

anyone??

• mr_murisaki

mr_murisaki

#895862 - 14 years ago

As far as I know, the PS3 will have a built-in hard drive. I don't know the size of it nor do I know if it's removable or not. If it isn't movable, then Memory Cards will be useful to transfer data, and with the PS3 being backwards compatible, I'm getting older cards can be used on the console, unless the Hard Drive has the ability to save games from past generation games as well.

• bigt741

bigt741

#895941 - 14 years ago

Interesting, thank you.

• FragQueen

FragQueen

#896011 - 14 years ago

I like the idea of a hard-drive cause you save money however the memory cards has one thing going for it. You can take it places. Like when we have parties we all take our memory cards and the games with us so that way we don't have to keep adding and deleting games of the memory card of the person's house we are at. Also I know this is probably dumb but I trust memory cards more

• Chi_Mangetsu

Chi_Mangetsu

#896068 - 14 years ago

Hopefully both forms will be utilized so heavy storage games like Fatal Frame won't be such a burden on your card, but you'll be able to tote your specific character in say, a new fighting game over to your friend's so you can kick their ass without lugging your system around with you wherever you go.

• MikeStampede

MikeStampede

#896947 - 14 years ago

It would be nice to use both features, much like the XBOX. For example, Memory Card data could be transferred and kept on the hard drive. Then, if you wish to take it somewhere, copy it back.

• Sooprmunky61

Sooprmunky61 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#907496 - 14 years ago

From what I remember, I think they were saying removable laptop hard drive. The problem is, I think they are planning to just have the port for you to slide it in, so you have to purchase seperately. I hope they include it, here's to hoping.

I also know they will take SD cards, memory sticks, and I think compact flash cards. no clue if those are for game storage

• RoadDoggFL

RoadDoggFL

#907584 - 14 years ago

In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #6:

Hopefully both forms will be utilized so heavy storage games like Fatal Frame won't be such a burden on your card, but you'll be able to tote your specific character in say, a new fighting game over to your friend's so you can kick their ass without lugging your system around with you wherever you go.

Chi already pwntified this thread. Why are people still posting?

• weeeee123

weeeee123

#920435 - 14 years ago

ha ha back again this is friend of weeeee123 not him so i would like to say look at my post on ds or psp
    oh yeah i forgot mem cards are good for portable systems and palm piolets but if the hard drive is big then it is good like on XBOX
    da da na na da da do daaaaaaaaaa spoo moo coo fluuu hooo woooooo poooooooooooo smooooooooo dooooo time to degus the screen bye

• Lifesucks963

Lifesucks963

#920580 - 14 years ago

In reply to bigt741, #1:

it will have a removable HDD harddrive, much liek the 360

• herestotryin

herestotryin

#922907 - 14 years ago

It will be removable, but it might not come with the PS3.
    Still debatable, apparently

• Triplesicks

Triplesicks

#923100 - 14 years ago

hello? where am i?

• Refractor

Refractor

#923674 - 14 years ago

I prefer memory cards, I find them more convient cause you can move your saved games around.

• Refractor

Refractor

#923705 - 14 years ago

Oops, didnt actually read the first post...
    I think it will have both, with the HDD as an add on, but Im not sure. I know that it will definitly supposrt mutliple types of memory cards / sticks.

• desi16

desi16

#936173 - 14 years ago

i have a mem card

• khanster786

khanster786

#1160666 - 14 years ago

i would have both because after a hard drive runs out you need another source

• xTNxAssassin

xTNxAssassin

#1201805 - 14 years ago

In reply to khanster786, #17:

they are also taking about having drives with more memory sold separately

• Lifesucks963

Lifesucks963

#1206283 - 14 years ago

In reply to FragQueen, #5:

save money? there like less than 10 bucks

• ilovedesk

ilovedesk

#1206912 - 14 years ago

i would like both, but i would rather have the hard drive, because if you lose the memory card your fucked, but the only why to lose the harddrive is to lose the whole system.

• xTNxAssassin

xTNxAssassin

#1209742 - 14 years ago

In reply to ilovedesk, #20:

they are removeable in the ps3

• ilovedesk

ilovedesk

#1239157 - 14 years ago

In reply to xTNxAssassin, #21:

ok. but you wouldnt take out the harddrive for no reason, when you take that one out put the other in. take it out put the new one in, and transfer the memory. unless ice pops have a mental advantage over you, then you wont lose it