Posts (61)

• cabose20

cabose20

#922458 - 14 years ago

post what you think should or will happen to MGS in the future

• d0tsplit

d0tsplit

#923058 - 14 years ago

everyone will die, or at least Snake will (but which snake?)

• hamsterman

hamsterman

#928523 - 14 years ago

Well, a few confirmed characters in MGS4 are Snake, Otacon, Raiden, and Naomi Hunter.

• ich

ich

#928534 - 14 years ago

the movie for mg4 is da best i love it

u can watch it at www.gamespot.com

• SexualChoc

SexualChoc

#929462 - 14 years ago

Naomi's back? Didn't know that. I knew that Meryl was back but not her. Not that it matters. Kojima is at the helm therefore it is going to be one of the best games ever made. Ever.

• MSpencer

MSpencer

#929774 - 14 years ago

The only thing I worry about with Kojima working on the game one more time is the theme. Every game had some kind of theme. Love on the battlefield, passing on your legacy, war is bad, whatever. I don't mind it, I really don't, but Kojima and the others don't understand the meaning of the word subtle. Rather than giving us the information and letting us draw conclusions and tie things together, they state obvious things and then beat us over the head with the theme until we're ready to spew. It doesn't always happen though, sometimes they do a good job and the message is subtle enough. Good: ending of MGS3, Bad: ending of MGS1 and MGS2.

I wonder if MGS4 will have anything to do with Big Boss. I mean yeah, there's a lot of stuff to clear up with the Patriots, but some of it was explained in MGS3. Granted, Big Boss is long dead, but what I keep going back to is a conversation in MGS1 (I know it was in Twin Snakes, not sure about the original) where Snake asks why they don't just hand over Big Boss' remains and Campbell dodges the question. This is supposedly before any of them know what Liquid needs the remains for. Snake then says something to the effect of "unless you don't have his remains." So the question would be, if Liquid doesn't have Big Boss and the government doesn't have him, who does and why?

Raiden being back is okay as long as he has a reduced role. I'd rather the plot focus on characters like Snake, Ocelot, the Patriots, and Liquid (please god, clone him a body, put him in a robot, I don't care just no more of....that). I'd like to see Solidus back, but it looks like he's dead. I swear though, if he comes back as a talking foot or something I'll shut the thing off and mail the game directly to Kojima with a 45 page letter telling him how much of an idiot he is.

• naki

naki

#931013 - 14 years ago

I thought MSG 2 took the route of the metal gear story that Meryl had died? Maybe I understood the game wrong. I myself think that MGS 4 will start out with snake in the core of a secret hidden unheard of top of the notch russian base in kansas having to go to the cortex processing room to insert a disc that will feed a virus into the system that will disable the newest version of metal gear. When the happens the screen will start to fuzz and fade away, following to a screen that you must save your game on. When this happens I believe the system will then error and blue screen, and reboot. Once the game reloads a title screen will load called Metal Gear Solid 4: Mental Crisis. When you load the game you will awaken in an insane asylum not known as snake, but a guy named kenas ildos, he was put there at the age of 26 because he started having delusions of russians taking over the world and a lone warrior coming to protect it. The main part of this second part of the game is that you must escape your room and reach the south-eastern wing of the asylum and inject yourself with something you beleive will unlock the truth about the russians from the depths of your brain. But the injection only puts you in a deep sleep for you to only awaken again as solid snake. The game will most likely end with Ocelot calling some mysterious person with him saying "Do you have the patient" only to make you wonder what the hell just happened.

Nah, j/k. But whatever happens in 4 I am sure it will be great.

• Sepriroth

Sepriroth

#931107 - 14 years ago

In reply to MSpencer, #6: I agree with what u said. When i played MGS2, I hated playing as Raiden. It just wasnt right, he was a new person that a lot of MGS fan hadnt known. And if a lot of people have noticed all the MGS games on the playstation have all tied in in some way. i am talking about MGS: VR missions. In MGS4, I hope that they bring back just one person: Meryl.

• Snaaaake

Snaaaake

#936462 - 14 years ago

In the MGS4 trailer I love it how Kojima humoured it up,
    Making raiden a prettyboy (and the boo's that followed shortly after snake pulling off the mask to reveal raiden)
    then the Raiden VS Sam Fisher (and Fisher revealing himself to be Snake)

I'm looking forward to MGS4 but not so much as i was MGS3.... But now hopefully once i beat MGS4 i'll finally understand MGS2 smiley4.gif

• Sanjuro

Sanjuro FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#946022 - 14 years ago

Knowing Kojima, the first part of the game he will mess with you and have you play as Raiden in the equivalent of the Tanker/Virtuous mission. Then after that you get to play a Solid Snake. Maybe it starts with Raiden rescuing Olga's baby?

• appledude212

appledude212

#952327 - 14 years ago

but the Patriots/Philosphers "died" 100 years ago (believing the ending conversation between Snake and Otacon after the MGS2 credits) I agree with Snaaaake with the MGS2 ending...wtf was going on? MGS3 cleared a little of it up but I still dont get the rest of it

• appledude212

appledude212

#952442 - 14 years ago

In reply to MSpencer, #6:

I wonder if MGS4 will have anything to do with Big Boss. I mean yeah, there's a lot of stuff to clear up with the Patriots, but some of it was explained in MGS3. Granted, Big Boss is long dead, but what I keep going back to is a conversation in MGS1 (I know it was in Twin Snakes, not sure about the original) where Snake asks why they don't just hand over Big Boss' remains and Campbell dodges the question. This is supposedly before any of them know what Liquid needs the remains for. Snake then says something to the effect of "unless you don't have his remains." So the question would be, if Liquid doesn't have Big Boss and the government doesn't have him, who does and why?

Big Boss is the ultimate warrior. He's the perfect combination of Soldier and Agent. Though I don't exactly know why Liquid wanted his remains, all I can say is this...the remains of Big Boss have to be somewhere that relates to the MGS storyline....also you have to remember that Snake killed Big Boss in Metal Gear 2

• cabose20

cabose20

#953541 - 14 years ago

they needed big bosses remains so they could fix the errors in the genome soldiers altered geans

• appledude212

appledude212

#953631 - 14 years ago

yeah, they couldn't see shit from 7 feet in MGS1, I think when they saw Snake's footprints they thought it was a little gnome who was sneaking around the base, Speaking of which I have a MGS parody of MGS1, here's a preview...

(Liquid and a Genome soldier are standing on the helipad)

Liquid: What the hell is this?!

GS: Its a biplane sir

Liquid: Where was the Hind I ordered?!

GS: They were out of stock

(Liquid storms off onto the snow when the GS sees Liquids footprints)

GS: Damn! The Gnomes have struck again!

• chantez13

chantez13

#954637 - 14 years ago

In reply to appledude212, #14:

LMAO, that's really funny, at least to me. I would mod you if I had any points, but...I don't. Gnomes...

Back on subject, so Kojima is sticking around for this one? Very, very good. I was starting to question whether MGS would go down the shitter if someone else took over. But hearing this makes me happy.

And also, about Liquid the Hand, that would be very funny if they did do something like that again.

• appledude212

appledude212

#955945 - 14 years ago

Kojima is participating in MGS4...Directing as usual....I bet they'll have the same stuff in MGS3 in this one too, like camoflauge and Food and the Cure menu and all that stuff...I hope

• Historydude1

Historydude1

#956246 - 14 years ago

In reply to cabose20, #1:

I have no idea, the movie the showed at E3 was confusing. I'm guessin that it may have a little more action, like Sanke is forced to fight a lot more or i could be way off and just made an ass of myself.

• markski500

markski500

#958337 - 14 years ago

I dont know, but i cant wait for it. I hope merryl didnt die. She was hot

• cabose20

cabose20

#959031 - 14 years ago

In Mgs4 there are supposed to be very little hiding spots and your suppose to depend more on camo and the card board box

• cabose20

cabose20

#959072 - 14 years ago

thats doesnt bother me alot though,i like every mgs no matter what,and i dont understand why you guys didnt understand mgs 1 and 2's story lines,i understood pretty well.

• cabose20

cabose20

#959119 - 14 years ago

i just didnt like the part in mgs2 when snake tells raiden that vamp is not called vamp because he is a vampire,but he is called vamp because is bi sexual and used to go out with that one forcefield chiks dad

• chantez13

chantez13

#959191 - 14 years ago

I was just looking around Newgrounds for a bit and came across this...

MGS 3: Crab Battle

It found it really funny, even if it did make fun of Snake.

• chantez13

chantez13

#959544 - 14 years ago

I AM THE BOX EATER!!!!!

Another good one.

Also, I HOPE that they put CQC back into the game. That was one of the best things about MGS3.

• Trogdor

Trogdor

#960651 - 14 years ago

What's next for Metal Gear Solid is reaching into my pants and taking another $50 out of my pocket to get me to pay for Metal Gear Solid 3 again when I decide I want Substinence because I'm too weak for MGS.

• SexualChoc

SexualChoc

#962726 - 14 years ago

In reply to naki, #7:

well in MGS2 snake has the bandana. the only way to get that was to save meryl and not give in to the torture scene. so if snake has it then Meryl must (theoretically) still be alive