Forums > Playstation

Legend of Dragoon

Posts (90)

• Shadowbolt

Shadowbolt

#929960 - 14 years ago

I think it's a crying shame that they never went through with making the sequal for this game. It was freaking amazing, and they just drop it. Discuss.

• headset

headset

#931082 - 14 years ago

That game was pretty fun to play. I never did beat but i wish i still had it. If they do ever make another one though i think i would buy it.

• Hugh_Jass

Hugh_Jass

#933856 - 14 years ago

Dear God. I have not played this game in 4 years. It is one of my most treasured classics ever. I grew up in my late single digits playing this game, and ever since I played it, I wished for a sequel, and I still do. If this was a system exclusive game, I would by that systerm just to see the first minute of the next generation version. I even have the last victory time: It took me 40:21:11 to beat the game the last time I ever played it... and not once did I ever get to Dragoon Level 5. With anybody.

• icedragon981

icedragon981

#936406 - 14 years ago

Man, my cousin got this game andI played this game and loved every minute of it, a great RPG and game all around. Sad thing is, I got to the final boss, lost, didn't play it for a while, but in that time, the 4th disk got a scratch and then it wouldn't play the battles anymore so I never finished it. :(

• DracObi

DracObi

#937699 - 14 years ago

My, what beautiful game! I first played it in a K-mart demo game, then bought it for a friend...and borrowed it for a while. Nyahaha!!!

• lapisdragon

lapisdragon

#938226 - 14 years ago

I still have that game, took me forever to beat it and collect all the stardust thingys too. Great game, maybe they'll surprise us and make a new one??

• Belgarion

Belgarion

#938813 - 14 years ago

The wierd thing is that I can list several things I hate about the game, yet I still love it like it was my only child....er... forget that "child" part.

Lavitz was so much cooler than that King dude you get after him. I don't even remember his name, it's been so long.

• lapisdragon

lapisdragon

#939593 - 14 years ago

Albert, Learning his combos was a pain....

• xenokaos

xenokaos

#945061 - 14 years ago

This game is the Shit. Hands down. I loved it so much. My favorite team was Dart, Albert, and Rose. I was pissed when I lost the Red Dragon Dragoon Spirit. It was cool. I beat the game several times, and I finally got everyone's ultimate moves, and their Dragons. I love it!

• Shian

Shian

#945489 - 14 years ago

Legend of Dragoon was great fun when I was playing it, the story was really good, and the graphics wasn't half bad back then. I remember when Shana was replaced >.>;; but the game was really entertaining, especially the battle system, the battle didn't make bored as well, by just pressing the X button to attack, but it rather they had this combo system where you had to press it at the right time :3 also Meru was just kawaii~! hee~ ^ ^;;;;

• VHMorbo

VHMorbo

#946891 - 14 years ago

The battle system was pretty fun, and the cutscenes looked absolutely gorgeous. But for some reason, I just couldn't get in too deeply with it.

Maybe it was just that the regular enemies provided barely any experience, while the bosses always gave enough for everyone to level up. I know they made it so you didn't have to level up, but it just seems like there should have been more to something.

• Wyrm

Wyrm

#947181 - 14 years ago

I must say that this game is most probably the best rpg i have ever played. it was one of my first as well. i liked this game so much that when im bored and have played all the games i have i will start out a new file and beat the game all over again. I have waited forever for a sequel and i know they probably wont make one but i can dream cant i?

• Critty105

Critty105

#948945 - 14 years ago

It was an extremley good RPG. Back when I was still a youngin' I didn't much pay attention to the smaller things but now that I think about it, it was a great game! I just wish I could get a cheap copy of it now. :'(

• Grey_Rowlang

Grey_Rowlang

#1587126 - 13 years ago

Anyone know how many stages there are to whatshisface... The boss on the moon?

• Shadowbolt

Shadowbolt

#1587817 - 13 years ago

Melbu Frahma? (I believe that's how it's spelt) I think he had only 3 stages.

• Shadowbolt

Shadowbolt

#1587827 - 13 years ago

No, wait. I remember now. He had like, 7, for all of the dragoon's didn't he? And he skipped a few?

• Grey_Rowlang

Grey_Rowlang

#1587917 - 13 years ago

I see... thx

• xenokaos

xenokaos

#1589538 - 13 years ago

Yes, but you only fought Four og his stages. 1st one with tentacles, 2nd with the laser sword, 3rd when he was some scary object like a pickle, and 4th when he was huge.

• MetalNitro23

MetalNitro23

#1868796 - 13 years ago

Yeah except I thought the third form looked more like a vaccum cleaner than a pickle

• Cometgreen

Cometgreen

#1869160 - 13 years ago

The wierd thing is that I can list several things I hate about the game, yet I still love it like it was my only child

Same here. I mean, the loading times were awful, the boss battles went on forever, you could barely travel anywhere, and the game itself was just slow. But for some reason, I still enjoyed it and wish I had the time to play it again.

• KASuttle

KASuttle

#1871013 - 13 years ago

It was a great game but took me a few years to beat mainly because I couldn't figur out how to get past the law city, then I figured out that but my memory card was missing so I bought a new memory card and played it all again, then my third disk was scratched so I barrowed my friends and his fourth disk was scratched so that stopped me until I realized my fourth disk wasn't scratched.

• Trivayne

Trivayne FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#1955590 - 13 years ago

this is a great game, I love it. took me about one to two months to beat the game from begining to end. i raised everyone to dragoon level 5 and got their best addition fully leveled and beat the final boss the first try.

• Darkhawkdown

Darkhawkdown

#2790988 - 13 years ago

I think its the best im playing it right know!! Its a tight game!

• Kasmira

Kasmira

#2792648 - 13 years ago

I don't even remember how far I got into the game. I think I'm in the area with the weird machines right after the desert.. place.. -cough- Yeah it's been over a year since I've played the game. The combo system was cool, but I always got stuck using the earlier ones because I couldn't hit the buttons in time for the later ones. I loved Rose, she was my favorite character. I stopped playing it after I took a pause from playing games in general and when I went back - had no idea where I was nor what happened in the storyline. D:
    Anyhow, I would love a sequel. Shame.

• RevenantSin

RevenantSin

#2793894 - 13 years ago

This is my favourite game for the PS, this game is so f'ing great. The combo system made it more challenging than any other RPG I'd seen at the time. And voice overs were pretty funny (FA-LAME-SHOT! WHO HA! DOUBLE PUNCH! lol) and how when Rose would use Astral Drain it looks like she's shooting the health out of her ass. I still haven't gotten past the first disc since I didn't get my PS2 until last year or so and I'd only really watched my brother and his friends play it, but now I'm older and I found a greatest hits copy at an EB for like 20$ (Canadian) , I also found an FFVII and FFVIII there for roughly the same. The graphics are dated now, but I still find it a lot of fun. And that walkthrough should really save me time, I should beat it on my own but I don't have the time to figure it all out. I would cry bloody tears of happiness should they make a sequel, especially for the PS3. But this game took 3 years and over 100 team members to make, so by translating that to PS3 graphics while also keeping it as long as this game, or longer since the blue ray can hold like 15 gigs, it would take like 10 years and by then who will remember this game but us few, proud (lol), Dragoon fans. It's a damn shame.