Forums > Playstation

BEST PS2 GAME OF ALL TIME!!!.....EVAR!!!

Posts (254)

• lucid_fuse

lucid_fuse

#1213616 - 14 years ago

^_^

• JamezD

JamezD

#1377345 - 14 years ago

well? what is it?

• DormantUlcer

DormantUlcer

#1377595 - 14 years ago

As of right now? I'd say MGS3.

• JamezD

JamezD

#1377659 - 14 years ago

In reply to DormantUlcer, #3:

i totally agree, you know what you are talkin about MGS3 is da best

• viruszero0

viruszero0

#1384424 - 14 years ago

Mgs2 and 3

• RoosterTooth

RoosterTooth

#1384889 - 14 years ago

MGS is good but I'll have to say hmmm GTA:SA or Kingdom Hearts.

• Neo0mega

Neo0mega

#1397690 - 14 years ago

Gotta agree. Metal Gear Solid 3 goes beyond anything I ever expected from the PS2.

• MonkeyHood

MonkeyHood

#1398610 - 14 years ago

My friend found a blitch in MGS3. He fought a boss and got an arrow stuck in his ass. For some reason it didn't go away so for the rest of the game, his geometry included an arrow stuck in his ass. Even if he changed comstumes.

• ltrpmac2

ltrpmac2

#1399573 - 14 years ago

final fantasy x was amazing

• NineBreaker

NineBreaker

#1402401 - 14 years ago

Listen, there is no "best game" for the PS2. Playstation is all about variety so gamers can have their own preference. In my opinion, the best PS2 game is Armored Core 3, but that's my PREFERENCE. So, some will (and already have) say MGS, some will say GTA, some Kingdom Hearts, etc.

• lucid_fuse

lucid_fuse

#1404195 - 14 years ago

As of right now?

"BEST PS2 GAME OF ALL TIME!!!.....EVAR!!!"

• lucid_fuse

lucid_fuse

#1404676 - 14 years ago

In reply to NineBreaker, #12:

Listen, there is no "best game" for the PS2. Playstation is all about variety so gamers can have their own preference. In my opinion, the best PS2 game is Armored Core 3, but that's my PREFERENCE. So, some will (and already have) say MGS, some will say GTA, some Kingdom Hearts, etc.

Ssssoooo, I take it that's one vote for Armored Core 3, right? You're not wrong, since everybody in the entire world can't vote on which game they think is the best, this thread really doesn't prove anything. Nobody's stupid here, I hope no one who has offered their input so far really believes that this is going to prove without a shadow of a doubt which game is absolutely and officially the best ever. But out of all the people who participate in this thread the popular vote rules, that's what I would do to avoid making this thread totally pointless, but I'm not because I don't really care for this thread myself. To be honest I actually made this thread just because there were so many of them like this at the time, that's why there's a smile at the top, but as you can see it's an attractive topic and people want to talk about it and see what other people think even though it's been talked about forever and so many times before.

But, while I've got the time, I figure I'll just explain my personal opinion on best game ever:

I don't think the way this thread is going is very fair anyway, because, MGS 2 or 3 can't be the best games ever, because you have to play the first one to really get the rest, and as we're talking about the best game ever that would mean that anyone would be able to pick this game up and like it regardless. I'm not all that into Armored Core 3, so I don't know if it's stand alone or not. Since Final Fantasy games are all stand alone titles except for one as far as I know, Final Fantasy X would be a valid choice even though the game is very linear and one play through would pretty much do it (this is also a problem with MGS). The nice thing about Kingdom Hearts is it has ALOT TO DO, not GTA alot but anyway, it easily keeps you playing for a long time. My ideal best game ever, and I've mentioned this before in another thread, would have to be GTA 3. GTA 3 could easily be called the best game for PS2 just because of how influential it was and still is, but no it doesn't stop there, the overall experience of this magical game is amazing! Now, yes, San Andreas is a much bigger experience, but by the time that game came out I think people were just burnt out on the whole GTA deal, and the fact that nothing has really changed in the series only added to it, didn't really help. And even thoigh there is a game such as San Andreas out there, I can still go back and play GTA 3 just for the nostalgia. What makes GTA 3 so special is that it was simply the first time anyone had seen anything like it, that's why the overall experience of playing this particular game is much better than any of the others. But, even this can't be the best game ever because not everybody is mature enough to play it, like I said the best game ever has to be a game that anyone can pick up and enjoy no matter what. That's also another reason why Kingdom Hearts is a good choice because that's a game that can appeal to anyone at any age.

• 02sonny

02sonny

#1411215 - 14 years ago

God of War or GTA:SA

• Yumenimo

Yumenimo

#1411512 - 14 years ago

I whole-heartedly believe in the Pure Games Movement and i'll probably catch a lot of flak for this, but my vote goes for ICO. Games that involve no more than the hack and slash cliches so often used today hold no appeal for me. ICO involved me emotionally, and there were times when i'd just stop and stare at the enviroment or actaully feel exhausted from having to take care of Yorda. Games that involve you in some way like this one are truely the best games in my opinion.

• 02sonny

02sonny

#1420907 - 14 years ago

In reply to Yumenimo, #16:

I forgot all about that one. I heard they're making a sequel

• Rumble

Rumble

#1425351 - 14 years ago

The best game for the PS2 would have to be God Of War because it was amazing looking coming from the ps2 it had a pretty good story line and i like the button mashing type games..

• CaButler

CaButler FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#1426353 - 14 years ago

Dude, Shadow Hearts: Covenant is the best game on the PS2.

If you don't believe me, go play it.

• Vegas

Vegas

#1427843 - 14 years ago

Shadow Hearts: Covenant...sorry but i liked the first Shadow Hearts better, it had a more darker appeal to it..

Anyway its impossible to tell whats the best game on PS2 "EVAR" considering well, none of us have actually played every game to decided now have we...However a wiser question would be "What is the best PS2 game you've ever played?" and my answer would be MGS3...

To add, i would say that GTA:SA wasnt all that good at all, i mean ask yourself? Whats different about this game than the previous? swimming? trainning at a gym? riding bicycles? Ask yourselves was it really worth paying another $100 odd dollars to play a game with a storyline extremely similar to the others and extras that you never really use anyway?..nada!

• Gerichtikeit

Gerichtikeit

#1428198 - 14 years ago

In reply to lucid_fuse, #1:

Metal Gear Solid 3 is without a doubt the best game I have ever played. Best music, best graphics, best story. Absolutly the best in the industry.

• lucid_fuse

lucid_fuse

#1429209 - 14 years ago

In reply to Vegas, #20:

Ask yourselves was it really worth paying another $100 odd dollars to play a game with a storyline extremely similar to the others and extras that you never really use anyway?..nada!

Where the hell did you buy the game!?! I got mine for just over $50 dollars at Gamestop. I don't think there is a single game that I would pay $100 dollars for.

Also, San Andreas' storyline(at least) wasn't extremely similar to the others at all: Vice City was practically a rip off of Scarface, and GTA 3 was roughly about a guy left for dead by his girlfriend and him trying to get back at here(among other things). San Andreas is about a guy who is framed for murder by two cops and is also trying to find out who killed his mom.

• Spartan8907

Spartan8907

#1429525 - 14 years ago

I'd have to say the best ps2 game would have to be either Socom 2, or GTA Vice City...

• Vegas

Vegas

#1434448 - 14 years ago

In reply to lucis_fuse, #22

Im talking about Australian currency

• lucid_fuse

lucid_fuse

#1434621 - 14 years ago

That would still be 70 US dollars so you still got ripped off.

• Vegas

Vegas

#1434633 - 14 years ago

hey i didnt buy it, i never buy GTA games, but thats what they're priced at over here...

• poon_dawg

poon_dawg

#1435377 - 14 years ago

I've never really been in to the MGS games. Of course, that could be because I didn't play the first one and my friend explaining it to me was a painful sight. I still don't understand why there are so many snakes and why he's the main character when the whole game (basically) was played as Raiden. However, I haven't played MGS 3 yet, so maybe my thoughts will turn.

I think that the best game on PS2 is Killzone. I love FPS games, and this was a great one.