Forums > Playstation

So, how about that $1000 PS3?

Posts (52)

• whtsnk58

whtsnk58

#3572157 - 13 years ago

Yeah, so the system would cost more than the 360 for an actual reason. The blu-ray drive will make the system cost more, unlike Microsoft who just wanted money. The blu-ray disks themselves will cost more than $50 a game too. Maybe $70 per game. So we've got an expensive system with expensive games to go with it. I'm just glad Sony acctually delivers the promises that they make. The PS3 could have been out already, but it was delayed so they could work on making sure that nearly every PS2 and PSX games could play on the new system.

Oh and I couldn't possibly guess what lvl 1 newb neg modded me. It really won't do anything to me because I'm almost lvl 35, and you'd have to use every mod you've got inorder to make a slight dent in my karma. Even if you did, I'd just report you to a mod and then it is bye bye time. So just go waste you mods on a fake picture of some random hot chick, hoping that because you gave her mods, you might have a chance with her.

• DEIFAN2006

DEIFAN2006

#3572184 - 13 years ago

sirsously!?

• Strife453

Strife453

#3572268 - 13 years ago

In reply to whtsnk58, #26:

Delayed and missed the christmas sale, if they are smart they will delay it until christmas this year. Off the record, Sony does not keep all their promises, they had so many promises for PS2 that just did not deliver. Microsoft was gonna use HD-DVD format games but they rushed the release, if the nect-gen media format gets too hot then Microsoft is bound to make HD-DVD drives for 360.

• whtsnk58

whtsnk58

#3572407 - 13 years ago

In reply to Strife453, #28:

Well, they keep more promises than Micorsoft, but if they did delay it until Chirstmas, that would just make it seem like they just wanted to wait so they would get more cash.

• Strife453

Strife453

#3572424 - 13 years ago

They do want more cash,......................duh, it's Sony, Microsoft and Sony share the same goal, to make as much money as possible, c'mon, Sony seels 20 GB MP3 players for £300.

• whtsnk58

whtsnk58

#3572507 - 13 years ago

In reply to Strife453, #30:

Yeah, but Sony cares about the work that they release. Of course they'd want money for working on a project like that, but they'd make sure that it works fine and doesn't have errors before releasing it. So the product is worth the money. They could have released it before it was fully backwards compatable to just make money, but think about it, would you prefer to buy A) a PS3 that plays all previous PS games but you'll have to wait a few more months for it, or B) a PS3 that has little backwards compatablity but be able to go get it now?

• frogiggy323

frogiggy323

#3573297 - 13 years ago

Who cares about the price as long as it kicks ass, is dependable, has a great game lineup, and doesn't burn up after only playing it for a week.

• Strife453

Strife453

#3573642 - 13 years ago

In reply to whtsnk58, #31:

hmmmmmmmmmm. 'make sure that it works fine', you mean like the PS2 I bought at launch then stopped working roughly a year later with all the rest. lol anyway, i'm just glad my 360 isn't a defective one, and also hope that if i get a ps3 it wont be a defective one

• Kevin_H

Kevin_H

#3574561 - 13 years ago

wouldn't pay $1 for that piece of shit

• Tcat

Tcat

#3575559 - 13 years ago

Just wait to get a referbished one like three months down the line and buy used games. I don't envy people at ALL who buy game systems on release day. You deserve to be ripped off.

• cwskates

cwskates

#3586432 - 13 years ago

In reply to Tcat, #35:

amen to that
    seriosly if your concerned about the price do this....
    wait 3 to 6 months and envy your friends that pay 400 to 1000 bucks for one and then every once in a while give your local pawn shop a call and any other used items selling place you may have again....like we have cash converters which is where you go here if you want electronics used....and you can get it so much cheaper!
    its called depreciation, take advantage of it

• whtsnk58

whtsnk58

#3587926 - 13 years ago

I wonder how many people bought a 360 on the release date just to sell it on ebay or something to get a lot more for it.

• lordchaos359

lordchaos359

#3589890 - 13 years ago

In reply to warcraft3, #11:

I wanted to diliver a logical, understanding responce to warcraft3's question.
    #1, sony has stated the ps3 could be priced out of the hands of most gamers.
    #2 the ps3 uses far more costly equipment then the 360.
    #3 You cant see sony taking more then a $150 loss on the console, esp if #1 is true.
    Therefore, the ps3 has a steep pricetag, most likely higher then a 360.

I plan to avoid the next gen systems as part of my protest on the drasticly rising costs to the consumer in the entertainment industry. so in answer to the original question...no.

Post edited 2/01/06 11:23PM

• bigfoot1291

bigfoot1291

#3591847 - 13 years ago

jesus christ.

10 or so posts into this thread, and it's already filled with fanboyism.

each system has its own unique potential, and I, for one, and going to check out all of the potential.
    Yes, some things are similar, but there is more unique qualities than similar.

• Strife453

Strife453

#3594679 - 13 years ago

In reply to lordchaos359, #38:

Yeh, I'm sure you bitched about the PS2,XBOX & GAMECUBE price tags aswell, bitching how you wouldn't need them peices of shit when you had your PS1/N64.

On another note, I can't see the X360 going down in price over the next 3 months you fucking retards, Microsoft has already announced they lost approx £70 on each unit sold. The Xbox was £200 on launch, the X360 core which might go down in price in the first year is £210, this isn't a wgole lot more expensive then the original Xbox.

You know the only reason you 'plan to avoid the next gen systems as part of my protest on the drasticly rising costs to the consumer in the entertainment industry', because giving your current financial status you can not afford it, that is the only reason why. Everyone who says it's a waste of money can't afford it, which they obviously can't. If you was rich then you wouldn't be bitching at all 'cos clearly the consoles arent a waste of money if the hardware inside is added up.

• Strife453

Strife453

#3594684 - 13 years ago

In reply to lordchaos359, #38:

Post edited 2/02/06 4:28PM

• Strife453

Strife453

#3594693 - 13 years ago

In reply to bigfoot1291, #39:

Totally agreed, multi-platform gaming is the best, just a shame I can't afford it.

• signius

signius

#3594701 - 13 years ago

In reply to warcraft3, #6:

i agree with that

• signius

signius

#3594726 - 13 years ago

In reply to frogiggy323, #32:listen, NOT EVERY ONE HAS THAT MUCH MONEY! dont know if u knew that. true it does matter if it has good games, and all that other crap

• Strife453

Strife453

#3594737 - 13 years ago

In reply to frogiggy323, #32:

'doesn't burn up after only playing it for a week'

cos you have played on a PS3 already havent you, yes, for a whole week too

• Tcat

Tcat

#3596242 - 13 years ago

In reply to signius, #45:

I agree. I'm in school, I don't work, I save up enough during summer months to support car insurance, repairs, and the occasional game (usually it adds up to about one every two/three months right now). I'm basically on my own for clothes (which I haven't bought in about three years xD;; ).

It'd be nice if my parents let me live at home, paid my bills and let me waste my pay cheques on games. e_e I'm lucky if they don't get pissed at me for spending all my time online and not helping out around the house.

• Strife453

Strife453

#3599402 - 13 years ago

In reply to Tcat, #47:

I'd personally give up using the car often enough to get in accidents and need both repairs and car insurance.

• MrCrow

MrCrow

#3599411 - 13 years ago

In reply to whtsnk58, #1:

theres no way im gunna pay that mutch for a PS3......

• Illusion187

Illusion187

#3599419 - 13 years ago

Does anyone remember the Panasonic 3DO?
    At that time, Panasonic thought it would be an excellent idea to release a system that cost $500 for the unit itself, and then an additional $70-$80 for the games. The problem was simple... Panasonic sucks.
    Gamers knew that Panasonic was simply releasing their own system in order to try and get a piece of the pie. This was shown clearly once you were witness to the game quality. Same for the Atari Jaguar which released at that time as well.

Sony however, is clearly established as a game giant and has the ability to put a lot of additional technology into their systems that make them outstanding. Add that to their clout in Japan as well as here in the United States and you have yourselves one of those rare companies that, no matter what happens, you will still be buying their product.
    I saw a reference to the PS2 dying a year (or less) after buying it; which is a solid argument in Sony's sometimes questionable history of releasing products that are not quite ready yet (over the years, their second generations are normally a lot more stable and dependable), but how many people that this happened to ran right back out to the store to pick up another one?
    In the current generations release I have owned 3 different Xbox's, and 3 different PS2's... That's well over $1000 dollars in equipment right there for the gaming habit... not to mention the games I have purchased, sold, and then re-purchased over the years. Sony knows that if they release the product, people will find ways to own it.

• Strife453

Strife453

#3599487 - 13 years ago

I believe chances are that Sony will dominate the next-gen cosnole wars for one specific reason...............The Japanese, they love themselves and love their home turf hardware, the X360 has been doing shit in Asia.