Forums > Playstation

How many Platinum trophies do you have?

Posts (84)

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#13912091 - 9 years ago

This thread is to share (boast) with everyone your trophy accomplishments. Feel free to share progress and difficulties pertaining to acquiring trophies (any trophy, as it is progress to achieving the platinum). Also ask for tips and hopefully fellow gamers will provide help.

I shouldn't have to say this but, to make it easy, please include the game title and trophy title (if known) so that we can all understand what games are being played.

Post edited 7/15/11 2:50PM

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#13912106 - 9 years ago

I have one platinum right now for Prince of Persia (the first one on PS3), and I am very close with God of War II from the GOW Collection. I don't get a whole lot of time to play, and when I do I like to leisurely make my way about a game because that's the way I enjoy playing. So I generally only focus on getting Trophies after finishing the game.

• darthnerder

darthnerder

#13912895 - 9 years ago

Whats a trophy? Just kidding ;) I haven't earned any yet though I just don;t feel the same desire to earn trophies as i do to earn achievements

• cerosis

cerosis

#13913387 - 9 years ago

Ah, None!, but I don't own a PS3. But I play on my best friends and I am fairly far in MAU2 and Dynasty Warriors Gundam. 2

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#13922617 - 9 years ago

I just got 72% on my first run through Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands. I think I'll go for the Platinum in that game as well.
    In case anyone is wondering, I am a huge Prince of Persia fan.

• Utilikilt

Utilikilt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#13932224 - 9 years ago

Currently just holding 2 Plats, 16 golds, 75 silvers, 360 bronzes.... just kinda stuck in a few games :P and it bugs me, juts a bit...
    Two games i've got Plat'ed are: Fallout 3 and Resident Evil 5
    I'm working on Sega Mega Drive for my next one (yeah its 5% atm), But i'm also close to finishing off Burnout Paradise, just don't know why i haven't gotten around to it o.O Got lost with all the DLC that was added to it. BioShock is another i gotta Plat also (55%) And finally 77% at MW2 which is another needle in my neck for finishing off...

The reason why i haven't gotten the all mighty platinum on the games is cause my fiance is also a gamer :P Timing is everything when one is together with a gamer, but by golly i do want to get my platinum's!

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#13934681 - 9 years ago

I've got my two Prince of Persias and god of War 2 now, working on original God of War, then probably GOW 3 and probably move on to Infamous or Batman Arkham Asylum.

• ScottTD

ScottTD

#14105375 - 8 years ago

I've only got 1, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I have to get more games.

• mealy58

mealy58

#14121911 - 8 years ago

I always end up being one or two trophies short of the platinum. Something new always grabs my attention before I get that stupid hard one or one I missed and would have to play threw again. Then I trade them in and grab more games. vicious cycle.

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#14122457 - 8 years ago

I know what you mean. I play until I finish and if I want to do more trophies I go for it but then I want to play something else and that game's trophies are just left sitting there.

• ScottTD

ScottTD

#14142762 - 8 years ago

In reply to Inewbeam, #10:

Part if it is also the amount of time involved. I will say that The platinum I have, MW2, I got when I had a few months off after finishing University and starting my job.

• mealy58

mealy58

#14150255 - 8 years ago

I know what you mean with time. Right now I'm wicked close on Tiger and Madden but I don't see me putting in the time to play Madden moments or learning the true vision or what ever I would need yet for Tiger to get them. I think it's a matter of wanting to play what I want to play and how and right now nothing can keep me interested long enough to platinum them. I mean hell did you look at the new NHL trophy's? No way I'm getting half of them with all the different game play modes you have to finish to get them. No I'm happy with 50+% on my games then move on to the next shinny new toy....But I still wish I had stuck with one or two long enough to get them. But that's just my worthless opinion.

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#14151433 - 8 years ago

In reply to mealy58, #12:

I have come to a similar conclusion for the most part. Games that just aren't as exciting to replay I have decided to leave where they are at, and my favorite games I'll eventually go back and finish. I'm currently working on little big planet (when I have time, which is very little as of late).

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#14340959 - 8 years ago

Well, I put LBP on hold for a while. Now I've got Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and I'm working on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

• GIRLinPURPLE

GIRLinPURPLE

#14341039 - 8 years ago

Go back to Little Big Planet! It's so much fun! and the sequel will be out soon; got to gear up!

• bobyblue12

bobyblue12

#14398643 - 8 years ago

a big fat 0, but i'm working on it with call of duty black ops

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#14402954 - 8 years ago

Cool. I'm still stuck on LBP and now on LBP2.

• BlowPop

BlowPop

#14464399 - 8 years ago

i have one so far. almost have one in heavy rain, prince of persia(cell shaded one), and.........( i can't remember the third since i am not at my ps3 right now).; my 1 is in dante's inferno

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#14467377 - 8 years ago

Heavy Rain I just couldn't really get into, too much stuff to do in that one. But Dante's Inferno is totally one I plan to go back and get 100% in, that game is awesome. It's very similar to God of War as far as gameplay.

• SyenceCarrot

SyenceCarrot

#14478225 - 8 years ago

2. Uncharted; Drake's Fortune, and Uncharted 2; Among Thieves. They're both awesome can't wait for Uncharted 3 to platinum that one too. oh and almost "platinumed" Black Ops

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#14508310 - 8 years ago

In reply to SyenceCarrot, #20:

Totally! I love the Uncharted series! Got both platinums so far!

• evilla12

evilla12

#14518151 - 8 years ago

I have one for assassins creed 2

• Overdriven

Overdriven

#14521514 - 8 years ago

I have 1 platinum and that is for Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage however I am 1 trophy away from getting the platinum for Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2

• Inewbeam

Inewbeam

#14522671 - 8 years ago

I just got the Prince of Persia trilogy, working on those three now. Shouldn't take long.

• JustPoncho

JustPoncho

#14636696 - 8 years ago

Right now I have two: Modern Warfare 2 and Resident Evil 5. I am close to having 4 or 5 though if I just spent the time to play on the hardest difficulty in Uncharted 2 and getting a few trophies in AC Brotherhood.

If anyone wants a pretty easy platinum trophy get Dynasty Warrior 6 Empires all it takes is some time.