Forums > Republic Commando

The Up and Coming Book: 501st

Posts (70)

• BattleFrag91

BattleFrag91 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Something

#30306581 - 10 years ago

501st_bg.jpg
    Here is a topic to dicuss our thoughts for the new book, Imperial Commando: 501st

I'm hoping that we actually see Sev again in this one, as well as whether or not Kal and his boys hold out on their planet(can't recall the name right now), remember the Empire arrived at the end of Order 66. I half expect covert missions from them and the entire gang(Kal's group and Boss, Scorch, Fixer, Niner, and Daman) meet up and are supposed to kill each other, but the just can't. However Traviss does it, I'm sure it'll be awesomely epic.

Let the arguement begin.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30306582 - 10 years ago

I hope to see sev again in it ( If not, mabye lucasarts will finally get enough shit together to give us a proper ending). Looks good, though. Looking forward to its release.
    The planet is called Madalore btw.

• BattleFrag91

BattleFrag91 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Something

#30306583 - 10 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #2:

*smacks head*
    Of course, I have no clue how I forgot Maladore! I feel like a noob.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30306584 - 10 years ago

In reply to BattleFrag91, #3:

You should still feel like a n00b, the planet is actually Mandalore. smiley8.gif

By the way, Jon, we already have a topic going for this in the "books" thread.

• BattleFrag91

#30306585 - 10 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #4:

But that's for all the books. This one is for this book in particular.

• mandoza66

mandoza66

#30306586 - 10 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #2:

dude they have to bring him back hes the best 1

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30306587 - 10 years ago

I'm with chief on this one. We're not going to see any new comments (or are highly unlikely to) until more details come out about this book (which will be some time in the future), so take it over to the other thread.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30306588 - 10 years ago

Yeah, once the book actually comes out, we'll have a LOT more to talk about.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30306589 - 10 years ago

With any luck....

• jadems

jadems

#30306590 - 10 years ago

oh... frik yeah.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30306591 - 9 years ago

Funny, Chief. I finished the book several days before you and it doesn't even come out here for another 3 days...

I was fortunate to snag a copy 6 days early, by the way.

So, can we talk without the spoiler tags on this thread, or what? I'll use them now, just in case...

So... what did y'all think of the Rede vs Jedi scene? I thought it was pretty kickass...

• tFMechanic

tFMechanic

#30306592 - 9 years ago

That was an awesome scene. I really like how it showed that a Spaarti clone could be just as quick thinking as a Kaminoan clone. Maybe more so, since Dar didn't seem to be forming a plan to stop that attack. I just hope Rede doesn't have too great a since of loyalty - would hate it if Dar would up having to kill him.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30306593 - 9 years ago

Or just run off on him. He seems to just wander off unquestionably. He's quick thinking, but Naïve.

• tFMechanic

tFMechanic

#30306594 - 9 years ago

I hope then that that will be his saving grace. I've actually grown to like the character - in part no doubt to hearing Carmine's voice when I read his lines. The enthusiastic rookie is an eminently likable archetype.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30306595 - 9 years ago

Don't reckon we'll see much more of him. Next book is the last, anyway.

What do you think of them mentioning Sev, despite the fact she can't write about whether or not he survived?

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30306596 - 9 years ago

Just finished up. Very awesome book.

As for Sev, I think she can tip toe around his whereabouts but can't outright say, "He's dead" or "they found him".

And I've been wondering about Rede's name. How is it pronounced, do you think? Like "Reed" or "Reeday" or something else.

• tFMechanic

tFMechanic

#30306597 - 9 years ago

well, I originally thought/pronounced it Red-ay. Ben, on the other hand, pronounces it Ready. That sounds okay to me - at least until we get some kind of official pronunciation of it.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30306598 - 9 years ago

I'm going to try and send her an e-mail, see what that comes up with.

So who else was extremely happy to see Gilamar gut Priest?

• tFMechanic

tFMechanic

#30306599 - 9 years ago

that was great. perfect sort of thing for a Mando doctor to pull - knowing how to heal means you also know all the weak points.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30306600 - 9 years ago

I like how they just stab him, dump the body and waltz off...

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30306601 - 9 years ago

Wow, Karen replied really fast, but it's pronounced "Reed". I was right, for once. XD

And Paddy, that's just how Mandos roll, haha. Though I agree with Gilamar, there was no way that Priest would have been able to stop himself from blabbing the secret, he has no loyalty to Mandalorians anymore.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30306602 - 9 years ago

Yeah, that's how Mandos roll, but did you not notice the distinct lack of stabby stabby throughout the book?

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30306603 - 9 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #22:

Yeah, there was a lot less killing and more threatening to kill than the other books.

I guess that has to do with the war being over, though.

• tFMechanic

tFMechanic

#30306604 - 9 years ago

r-e-d-e is an odd way to spell Reed. but I'll not question the word of the author. My post about his voice still stands.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30306605 - 9 years ago

I sort of got the feel that the plot didn't really move at all. You get the impression that it is nothing more than something to bridge the gap between order 66 and the last book.

What did you think?