Forums > Republic Commando

Karen Traviss will no longer write SW

Posts (98)

• grif99

grif99

#30770811 - 9 years ago

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes we know. Hazarding a guess here to say that none of them are yours.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30770812 - 9 years ago

Who knows. I'm sure some of them must be mine.

• grif99

grif99

#30770813 - 9 years ago

I know the scouser in a suit one wasn't you, since I've known that since I was 13.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30770814 - 9 years ago

That's a really old joke, yeah. Like "A man walks into a bar and says ouch"

• grif99

grif99

#30770815 - 9 years ago

Ah but the former is actually funny

• Aztag09

Aztag09 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30770816 - 9 years ago

I was so pissed that she wasn't going to continue the series. she's just going to end the series like that???

but after realizing her reasons, I totally agree. But I really want her to finish the series.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30770817 - 9 years ago

Ah! Someone's dragging us kicking and screaming back on topic, I see.

Yeah, true. Damn you Lucas, you bitch!

• grif99

grif99

#30770818 - 9 years ago

Did the Unholy One ACTUALLY declare the ENTIRE RepCom series non-canon? I was looking at BattleFrag91's comments on Vode An on Youtube and he's alerted me to a whole new shockwave of utter bullshite from Lucas.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30770819 - 9 years ago

He's declared it all near to non-canon. It contradicts new canon so I suppose it's non-canon now...

Order of precidence of Star Wars canon is as follows:
    Films (Obviously).
    TV series' (Yeah, I know).
    Expanded Universe.
    Secondary Canon (Stuff like Star Wars Galaxies).
    Non-canon.

• grif99

grif99

#30770820 - 9 years ago

FFS, the first time you actually redeem yourselves for the true failure that was phantom menace and the TV series they go and fuck it up royally.

• lcplperez

lcplperez

#30770821 - 9 years ago

Good news! Karen will write the Story for Gears 3

• lcplperez

lcplperez

#30770822 - 9 years ago

Lucas did what?!? How could you have betrayed me like that George! How! *cries self to sleep*

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30770823 - 9 years ago

In exactly the same way he betrayed you with the Christmas Special and prequel trilogy.

• lcplperez

lcplperez

#30770824 - 9 years ago

Never saw the Christmas special. Heard about it though. It wasn't canon in the first place.

• lcplperez

lcplperez

#30770825 - 9 years ago

In reply to grif99, #83:

Unholy? Try Holy. But he has betrayed me and I will never forgive him. Damn you George Lucas. Damn you.

• lcplperez

lcplperez

#30770826 - 9 years ago

A convsersation between me and KT.

Karen,
    Thank you for writing the Star Wars books. Its sad that you can no longer write them. In fact its down right (word relating to mentally disabled people.) that they were cancled because of a kids show! I have lost my faith in George Lucas (though honestly I think he prefers your Mando'a to the "new" Mandalorians). But that is besides the point. Thank you Karen and I wait eagerly for more of your books.

Bob Zombie
    Idaho Treasure Valley Young Marines
    P.S. Will you write any more Halo stuff? I doubt you can tell me but......I would love to see what you can do with ODSTs.

Hi Bob. I was told the new Mandalorians were his idea.

Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it, and I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the books. I pulled out of Imperial Commando 2 because of a long-running disagreement with the book publisher over contracts and payments, not because I thought the new canon was a bad idea. But I fully understand how disappointed fans are by those canon changes.

Re other books - you’re right, I can’t say if I’m doing specific work or not until the companies concerned announce things. All I can say is that I’ve got a lot of new work coming out, so if you keep checking my blog and web site, all my new books and comics will be announced there.

Best

KT

• grif99

grif99

#30770827 - 9 years ago

Perhaps he was holy at one time for creating the SW universe but he signed a deal with the devil to sell his soul in order to declare RepCom non-canon and make heroes of the republic

*cries self to eternal sleep*

• lcplperez

lcplperez

#30770828 - 9 years ago

In reply to grif99, #92:

Karen Traviss will write Gears 3's story!

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30770829 - 9 years ago

This should be... interesting...

• grif99

grif99

#30770830 - 9 years ago

says paddy's head as it rolls off due to the pure awesome.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30770831 - 9 years ago

So does that mean the characters will be a bit more... human in the game?

• M351

M351

#30770832 - 9 years ago

iwhat about impreial commando

• lcplperez

lcplperez

#30770833 - 9 years ago

In reply to M351, #97:

Shes done with it. No more.