Forums > Republic Commando

Hypothetically speaking of SWRC2...

Posts (618)

• Captain_Reth

Captain_Reth

#30039540 - 10 years ago

eh, i guess thats why its auto-triggered in GoW 2, huh? bleh...but hey, a guys gotta dream right?

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30039541 - 10 years ago

Maybe. But hey, just make the battles more epic and the game would be more win than before. Anyone else remember the section in Kashyyk where you had to blow up the tree root to block the seps? Can't remember the level right now, but that was one of the best bits of the whole game as it really made use of the cover and squad system in the game because simply you'd get totally trashed if you forgot to use it. Make that a harder fight with more bad guys (say something on the level of the street battles in Gears 2) and you have instant badass moment.

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039542 - 10 years ago

I found that a few potentially epic battles where ruined by a lack of ammo. I wouldn't be able to kill the bigger enemies with my punty little weapons, and would be turned into swiss chease faster that you can say "well, fuck."

• Captain_Reth

Captain_Reth

#30039543 - 10 years ago

yeah, the last hangar in the RAS prosecutor is definitely hard to manage with the limited ammo supply. hopefully theyll increase the total ammo you can carry (and maybe the individual clip size?) unlike gears 2. oh and i guess the number of weapons too: the dc-17, side arm, and 2 open slots?

• Don113

Don113

#30039544 - 10 years ago

Cover system Every tactical shooter has one now. It can work in FPS games, too; look at Rainbow Six: Vegas Two, for example. Minus the ninja shotgun terrorists, it was a pretty good game and made excellent use of the cover system. The NPC allies should be smarter too; the clone troopers, for example should fight and not simply be blaster bait. They should be more like the Gears in GoW2, who are a lot more effective than one would think.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30039545 - 10 years ago

Surely you mean njnja shotgun sniper terrorists of Rainbow six vegas 2? Honestly, those bastards are more accurate and effective than anyone with a bastard rilfe of ANY sort!

A word of advise to anyone who has not played that game. DO NOT PLAY THE MURDERTOWN MAP (LIGHT OR DARK, ESPECIALLY DARK) WITH A SNIPER RIFLE! TAKE A BLOODY MACHINE GUN INSTEAD!

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039546 - 10 years ago

In reply to Captain_Reth, #54:

But the key difference is that in GoW 2 you can pick up most of the weapons the Locust use, where as ripping the blaster of a SBD is not an option (although, come to think of it, it should).

• Captain_Reth

Captain_Reth

#30039547 - 10 years ago

yeah, thats true. i wouldnt mind using a droid blaster; especially if i was low on dc-17 ammo. and if we could use a SBDs arm, i dont think we would be able to use it unless it was still attached to the droid. maybe something akin to GoW 2's meat shields?

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039548 - 10 years ago

In reply to Captain_Reth, #58:

Or better yet if you use stun grenades on droidikas you can run up and rip off its shielding device and put it on, it would only last until it gives out but damn that would be awesome.

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039549 - 10 years ago

In reply to meleesoldier, #59:

Those shieds give off huge amounts of radiation, apperently. You whould be all cozy and safe, but you would also be glowing green by the time the enemy has stopped shooting. That's why only dridicas use them. They don't get affected by the rads.

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039550 - 10 years ago

In reply to Chip_, #60:

Seriously? Damn that would be a set back, maybe rip some metal off the wall or piece of debris and use it as a makeshift shield.

• Don113

Don113

#30039551 - 10 years ago

In reply to SniperEye, #56:

Yeah. Honestly, if I get killed by one more SPAS-12 weilding terrorist...

In reply to Chip_, #60:

Holy Steralization, Batman! But the commandos have shields in game already. Similar to the Master Chief's, but they don't have half the power of a MJOLNIR shield system.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30039552 - 10 years ago

Yeah, my shields tend to go down a lot faster than in Halo, but I think it creates a less run and gun and more actually thinking about how you're going to go about taking out those SBDs or ambush that squad of battle droids.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30039553 - 10 years ago

What is more fun than placing a shit load of proximity charges on exploding crates and letting the droidikas and SBD's walk straight into them?!

• Captain_Reth

Captain_Reth

#30039554 - 10 years ago

blowing them up w/ a wookie rocket launcher? or viroblading all of them (not recommended, haha), unless youre outta ammo. but there should be more melee weapons other than the viroblade. maybe the magnaguards electric staves?

• Don113

Don113

#30039555 - 10 years ago

In reply to Captain_Reth, #65:

Instead of the Wookiee rocket launcher, I'd like to get my hands on the PLEX rocket launchers they mention. Oh, and a Z-6 Rotary Cannon. A Quad-Cannon would be nice, too.

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039556 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #66:

Fuck it, I just want to fire the Death Star.

• Don113

Don113

#30039557 - 10 years ago

In reply to Chip_, #67:

So would I, but I tried to fit it in my pocket and it didn't work.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30039558 - 10 years ago

A good idea would be to be able to improvise devices. You know, like make IEDs or mabye invent ammo, like in Bioshock.
    Also, I would like to run over the lizards with a train (why not?).

• omega14

omega14

#30039559 - 10 years ago

not a train, but an AT-TE? using the gun during the RAS prosecutor level was awesome, but getting to control one would be even better

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039560 - 10 years ago

One thing that would be good for balance and fun would be the ability to outfit your squad to carry different ordanence.

Backta tanks for on the go healing
    Coom unit to call in air support
    throwable EMP packs to disable droid despencers for a short period
    Proximity mines for oviouse reasons
    extra ammo
    etc.

We could also ungrade and/or mod weapons as well, letting you have a very specialized team for a specific mission!

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30039561 - 10 years ago

In reply to Chip_, #71:

Be fantastic for online play!

I mean, if you had a squad you played regularly with and who had customised it to best effect.

• Don113

Don113

#30039562 - 10 years ago

In reply to Chip_, #71:

That reminds me of the Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2 game; you can choose what kind of soldiers you want (you have a choice of two rifleman, grenadier, heavy machine gunner, sniper, medic, and anti-tank guy) but you can only choose three of those. Here, you'll only have you regular squadmates. Scorch will always be the demo guy, Fixer will always be the rifleman, and Sev will always be the sniper. Boss is really the only guy you can change; according to a player's style he could be any of them.

Also, I hate droid dispensors like I hate the Jonas Brothers, and whoever thought up of them should die in a car fire. The next game should replace the droid dispensers with something that you can actually have a chance against. If they can't do that, at least reduce the time it takes to set a charge on them. Charges that take one minute to set up are highly unrealistic and dangerous, especially if you're planting one on an SBD dispensor. Something quick, like the C4 in CoD4. And while using the vibroblade is fun, I'd like to see different kinds of melee attacks. Like butt-stroking a B1 with a DC-15. Or beating an SBD to death with a section of pipe (wishful thinking).

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039563 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #73:

Well, in those specific areas (Demo, Sniping, etc.) you could custimize various things (Like only Fixer can carry extra ammo or bacta tanks, while Scorch could get different kinds of explosives).

Also:
    zzzzcelebritypicturesjo.jpg

Just for you Don113.

• Don113

Don113

#30039564 - 10 years ago

In reply to Chip_, #74:

Why. thank you. I had a good chuckle.