Forums > Republic Commando

Hypothetically speaking of SWRC2...

Posts (618)

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30039565 - 10 years ago

The idea of using debis as a shield is interesting though. It would be like the meatshield and boomshield from gears 2 or the doors etc you can use for cover in army of two.

• Don113

Don113

#30039566 - 10 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #76:

Maybe a Republic/Trando/Wookiee/CIS version of a riot shield, like in R6V2 or Army of Two?

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039567 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #77:

A Wookiee shield would be enough to lay on its side to cover your whole squad.

Post edited 6/17/09 11:35PM

• Don113

Don113

#30039568 - 10 years ago

In reply to meleesoldier, #78:

It would be like carrying the side of a house. "Lift up your side a little more, Scorch! No! Not that high! Move it to the right! The other right!"

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039569 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #79:

What they'ed probably do is have two people carry it, they can still fire their guns but it takes away from accuracy and mobility, a good trade off i'd say for plenty of cover on the fly.

• Don113

Don113

#30039570 - 10 years ago

In reply to meleesoldier, #80:

Oh, like a moving barrier with gun slots to fire out of.

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039571 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #81:

Similar to the Riot Shield from Gears of War 2 only more "Squad friendly."

• Don113

Don113

#30039572 - 10 years ago

In reply to meleesoldier, #82:

Ohhhhhhhh.

Wait, stop! (Hammer Time!) You mean to say that they could be like the Spartans from 300? Two shields side by side (or one big one) while two commandos shoot over the shield carriers' shoulders?

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039573 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #83:

Yes, it'd would help in some situations, have two men move forward one using a shield and the one behind him firing, and the other two men providing support from a distance.

• Don113

Don113

#30039574 - 10 years ago

In reply to meleesoldier, #84:

That would be pretty cool, indeed. And it would be balanced; from the front your team might be an unstoppable juggernaut, but you're slow and vulnerable from behind.

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039575 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #85:

And vunerable to a well place grenade. But i would also like to see something like the bubble shield from halo only you can shoot out of it.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30039576 - 10 years ago

Something like a Droideka shield? Minus the radiation.

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039577 - 10 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #87:

Yes, please.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30039578 - 10 years ago

Nah, improved shields would be better than movable cover. You're supposed to be a sneaky commando squad, not a walking tank (despite the fact clone commandos do get called that at times...) and I see that a GEARS style shield just wouldn't work. Besides, I think it would ruin the fluid play style of the game.

I'd go for different types of grenade you could fire from the launcher attachment for the DC-15. Some AP/HE or incendiary would be nice as well, just for taking out dispensers and trandos respectively.
    Still think a Verpine would be a good addition.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30039579 - 10 years ago

They've gotta add the Verpine. If they don't, that'd just be stupid on their part. Any RepCom fan who's read the books would expect them to add that.

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039580 - 10 years ago

Ohhh! Ohhh! Maybe they can include some Mandalorian weapons too! One hit kills on SBDs. And Basalisk war droids.

• Don113

Don113

#30039581 - 10 years ago

In reply to Chip_, #91:

If they add Basilisk war droids at any point in the game, the game is fucking done. Done as in it'll be a breeze to finish it. But there haven't been Basilisk droids since the time of the original Ordo (the one who was pals with Revan).

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30039582 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #92:

Don't you mean Canderous? His clan name was Ordo.
    I t still be cool to see a Basilisk, if only on a planet somewheres. Add it to multiplayer and add space battles. Solved.

I'd like to see some sneaky bugger missions as well as the 'blow shit up' missions we had in the first one. Something along the lines of the Triple Zero storyline that involves tracking suspects and setting up obs points in the middle of a metropolis, then going in and blowing shit up. :)

• Don113

Don113

#30039583 - 10 years ago

In reply to SniperEye, #93:

Yeah, that's who I meant. And I'd like to see a true stealth level like you say. But can you use explosives in an urban environment with civvies around? Many pants will be browner after the fact. Never mind, that's still funny.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30039584 - 10 years ago

In reply to SniperEye, #93:

I was actually just thinking about a stealth mission yesterday. I'm re-reading Triple Zero right now and it's just part the part where Kal and Jusik meet up with the contact and Delta and Omega are perched around the circle in various hiding spots marking each target with that tracking dust. I think some kind of sniping mission like that would be fun.

• omega14

omega14

#30039585 - 10 years ago

thatd be really sweet. the way they talk about the verpine makes it sound like another dc-17, really: versatile and deadly.

• Don113

Don113

#30039586 - 10 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #95:

Put tracking dust on the target, then follow him till you can safely eliminate him/her. That sounds awesome. Such a mission warrants the use of a Verpine rifle.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30039587 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #97:

Sounds like a futuristic Assassins Creed.

You know, now that I think of it they did release a sequel to RC, only it was not available on consoles, only mobile phones.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30039588 - 10 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #98:

Yeah, but that was stupid, it wasn't even a real mission and was considered non-canon.

• omega14

omega14

#30039589 - 10 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #98:

on a phone?? so you had a mission. hell, maybe half of one if you were lucky. but seriously? that had to be awful.