Forums > Republic Commando

Hypothetically speaking of SWRC2...

Posts (618)

• Don113

Don113

#30039590 - 10 years ago

The phone game was LucasArts half-assed solution for a RC sequel. Maybe ol' George Lucas thought we wouldn't notice. Well, YOU"RE WRONG GEORGE! THE FANS ARE WATCHING YOU!

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039591 - 10 years ago

Same thing with Battlefront. That series was awesome, but now it has been reduced to a pixelated mess on the PSP and DS. It makes me cry to see it so degrated. I wish someone would just help it back up, get into rehab, get a stady job and.....wait.....what was I talking about again?

• Don113

Don113

#30039592 - 10 years ago

In reply to Chip_, #102:

George Lucas, I think.

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039593 - 10 years ago

In reply to Chip_, #102:

A new Battlefront on the consoles would be a nice thing to see but like all nice things it has to be taken away by a bunch of brainless chimps who don't know what the fans really want to see.

In reply to Don113, #97:

An RC version of the "Ghillies in the Mist" (is that right? I might be thinking of the achievement) mission from CoD4:MW, I would love to see a mission like that where you tred through a planets landscape dodging battle droids and its deadly native creatures to track down a person who is high in the Seperatists' Council and take him out, or the version you and others have been talking about.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30039594 - 10 years ago

In reply to meleesoldier, #104:

I think that's what the mission is called, if it isn't I know what you're talking about. Something like the very first mission in RepCom where you had to eliminate the Geonosian leader (I'm completely drawing a blank on his name, too long of a day), but more elaborate. Being able to track him, shoot him from afar, and do it yourself, not just a run and gun through the complex until you catch up to the ship he's boarding. I wish that mission hadn't been introducing features of the game and instead been later on.

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039595 - 10 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #105:

Yes I would also like to see stuff like they showed for Modern Warfare 2 like being able to scale the sides of cliffs or a building and use cables to get back down, that would be perfect for the stealthy gamers or people who just like to get a good position on the enemy.

• Don113

Don113

#30039596 - 10 years ago

We could always call him Geo-Bug-Guy, or GBG. In any case, I thought we'd get to shoot GBG for realz, and not watch a scripted sequence involving Sev sniping him out of the sky (as awesome as that was). That part was disappointing.

In reply to meleesoldier, #106:

You mean like rappelling down the side of a building, R6V2-style? That was actually one of my favorite things to do in Vegas 2 (hey, that rhymed!). Upside-down shooting FTW!

• omega14

omega14

#30039597 - 10 years ago

i think it was sun-pac, or something like that though. definitely had sun in there somewhere. maybe sun-fac?

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30039598 - 10 years ago

They are making a new battlefront game, I heard. I also heard that in it you can go from the ground engagements straight to the space battles without loading screens.

In reply to Don113, #101:

That sounds really sinister "George... We're watching you...".

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039599 - 10 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #109:

And I do believe that is for the DS.

• mitchell989

mitchell989

#30039600 - 10 years ago

This no longer has to be hypothetical if you help convince them by signing this petition: www.ipetitions.com/petition/RepublicCommando2/ we can convince them it just takes team work!

• Don113

Don113

#30039601 - 10 years ago

In reply to Mitchell989, #111:

Convince LucasArts? We have to take away their coloring books first.

• meleesoldier

meleesoldier

#30039602 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #112:

And maybe hang a few of their interns with a linch mob for them to understand what we're aiming for, Worldwide Awesomness some kickass sequels that people WANT to see.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30039603 - 10 years ago

In reply to Chip_, #110:

Is it? I thought they were releasing it for the xbox and ps3 as well.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30039604 - 10 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #114:

There was leaked footage of Battlefront III when Free Radical was still producing it, but production was stopped and I can't remember the name of the company that picked it back up. I'm not even sure they plan on finishing it but from the video it looked to be a badass game.

Post edited 6/22/09 2:14PM

• Don113

Don113

#30039605 - 10 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #115:

It'll probably go the way of the Duke Nukem game; just hype, hype and more hype and no delivery. But I sincerely hope not.

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039606 - 10 years ago

From what I've seen it is on the DS.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30039607 - 10 years ago

In reply to Chip_, #117:

Well yeah, that one is, but there was an official Battlefront III that was scrapped late last year.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30039608 - 10 years ago

Even those eejits wouldn't be stupid enough to make it exclusive for the DS.

I think...

• Chip_

Chip_

#30039609 - 10 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #119:

Oh, I do believe they would.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30039610 - 10 years ago

I heard somewhere that Pandemic was taking over the project by the way.

• Don113

Don113

#30039611 - 10 years ago

Pandemic did a pretty good job with the others. I hope they have taken up the baton.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30039612 - 10 years ago

I don't think it was confirmed, I think it was just a rumor.

• Don113

Don113

#30039613 - 10 years ago

We can always believe... :(

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30039614 - 10 years ago

Yeah, despite popular belief blissful ignorance really is the way to go...