Forums > Republic Commando

Weapon of choice

Posts (297)

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30460669 - 10 years ago

So what weapons do you all go around blowing shit up with then?

• omega14

omega14

#30460670 - 10 years ago

is this limited to swrc? or can we go beyond that?

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30460671 - 10 years ago

I was thinking along the lines of swrc, considering this is the rc group forum and all, but go ahead, just a general weapon of choice thing from within the limits of star wars. Like what weapons do you think they should have inculuded and what weapons do you/ would have used?

And verpine, before anyone else says it.

• omega14

omega14

#30460672 - 10 years ago

awwww....you took my idea. haha.
    so star wars? id probably go with a heavy trando accelerator repeater, a westar-m5, and dc-15s (unlimited ammo is always a nice thing). just to fill in the standard slots for a commando in the game. but if i were a jedi, 3 lightsabers would be pretty awesome, i think.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30460673 - 10 years ago

Just star wars eh?

Well in that case DC-15, the commando's gauntlet vibroblade, Verpine sniper and some badass mando gear.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30460674 - 10 years ago

It would be nice to have my arm replaced with some sort of rediculous weapon.

The chainsaw from Madworld comes to mind...

Anyway a melee weapon with a slightly longer reach would be nice.

• omega14

omega14

#30460675 - 10 years ago

magnaguards electro staves. ive always wanted to use one of those.

• Ace4127

Ace4127 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30460676 - 10 years ago

ewok cannon

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30460677 - 10 years ago

In reply to halosace, #8:

A cannon made by ewoks, or a cannon that fires ewoks?

• Don113

Don113

#30460678 - 10 years ago

In reply to SniperEye, #9:

Preferably the latter. I'd like the DC-15A rifle.

• Death1993

Death1993

#30460679 - 10 years ago

DC-17 grenade launcher

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30460680 - 10 years ago

Republic commando wise, ACP Array Gun can be fun (and I'm not just saying that because I love shotguns...).

You can never go wrong with the Deece, but it seems to run out of ammo way to kriffing fast.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30460681 - 10 years ago

What I always found funny about ewoks is that while the empire was supposed to be really advanced, they got buggered by midgets with trees.

• tFMechanic

tFMechanic

#30460682 - 10 years ago

what was lucas smoking when he wrote that? and why didn't he delay ep 6 to rewrite it when he saw it being filmed? I mean come on! the elite troopers of an Empire that spans the whole GALAXY getting their shebs handed to them by a bunch of primitives with sticks and rocks?

• omega14

omega14

#30460683 - 10 years ago

In reply to tFMechanic, #14:

eh.....meth? advil? alcohol? pot? crack? animal feces? vaseline? grass?
    anyway......i guess it is kinda sad in retrospect. but come on. we all knew it (like it or not) that the good guys would come out on top. and the "midgets with trees" (thanks for that excellent description paddy) just happened to be on the right side. unless lucas wanted to kill luke skywalker. but we all know that wouldnt happen either.

• tFMechanic

tFMechanic

#30460684 - 10 years ago

I don't mind the empire losing. good guys winning is fine by me. but honestly, would it have been that hard to have them losing to people with a decent level of technology? It doesn't make any sense for trained soldier with armor and a kriffing PLASMA RIFLE to die when oversize teddy bears throw some rocks at him.

at the very least we should seen some very high Ewok casualties - by which I mean more than the one we saw get killed, or maybe some kind of large Ewok funeral thing.

• omega14

omega14

#30460685 - 10 years ago

In reply to tFMechanic, #16:

ehhhh....when you put it that way....then yeah. they were probably just dumb or something. or complete pansies.
    remember that the second batch was from centax II and they thought kamino was dry? its likely that those clones came from there too, and the training there became less and less intergrated. oh something like that, i dont know.

but yeah. if you actually did take into account everything you pointed out, the rebels wouldve been screwed. the ewoks would have been COMPLETELY erradicated, the shield generator would have never been destroyed and the entire rebel fleet would have been wiped of the face of the galaxy. the end.

• tFMechanic

tFMechanic

#30460686 - 10 years ago

okay, yeah, the centax clones were pretty osikla even without comparing them to the Kamino troopers. and by that point a lot of mongrels were in the batch as well. so maybe the training wasn't as good/didn't hold as well/whatever. let us say, for the sake of argument, that that wasn't really the Emperor's best legion. you'd still expect the armor to hold up better than it apparently did (assuming they didn't cheap out on it).

I will give the ewoks some credit - their anti-armor tactics were actually pretty good. tripping up the walker - smart. smashing one between a pair of logs (that probably weigh quite a bit each) - clever. but the feasibility of their anti-infantry ability is still irksome. maybe if they'd been wielding some rebel supplied blasters I could feel better about it.

• omega14

omega14

#30460687 - 10 years ago

i dont think the ewoks would know how to use the blasters (i dont remember seeing them using any) in the first place. But they did have they the cool sling-thingy (the rope with one rock at each end) to choke up some troopers.

but on the armor: yeah, youre right. i just dont think there's no feasible way for a bunch of rocks to penetrate armor when said armor is designed for laser/plasma/what-have-you. but maybe the empire really did cheap out on the armor. i always thought the squeaky sound that the armor made when the troopers were being beaten was always funny.

• tFMechanic

tFMechanic

#30460688 - 10 years ago

slingers, the ones throwing rocks in the "sling thingy"s as you put it, were a deciding factor in some engagements in ancient times (and even into medieval times, such as at the Battle of Hastings). it is conceivable that practiced slingers could strike armor weak points with sufficient force to disable/kill. however, unless I see a bunch of white jobs with spears sticking out of them I won't be happy about their defeat by the Ewoks.

• Don113

Don113

#30460689 - 10 years ago

In reply to omega14, #19:

exactly. When I started writing my Halo/Star Wars crossovers, some people complained that bullets couldn't penetrate stormie armor and I wasn't writing according to canon. I just told them to watch RotJ.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30460690 - 10 years ago

In reply to Don113, #21:

Don't you just love the select readers who manage to find every wrong little detail?

• omega14

omega14

#30460691 - 10 years ago

In reply to tFMechanic, #20:

yeah, but i dont think ewoks could even throw a full sized spear with enough strength to even penetrate the armor. i mean, if the armor is designed to deflect laser/plasma bolts, i dont think it's wrong to assume that there is a substantial energy sheild (something akin to masterchief's/repcom's) to deflect such blunt objects. again, however, due to the ewoks small size and stature, i serisouly doubt their ability to throw anything bigger than the rocks that they originally used. which goes back to our original point: how the hell did they kill (not bruised, not concussed, not comatosed [?], but flat out killed) troops in full armor.

and if i knew i was killed by some foot tall teddy bear (while i was fully armored in the best [hopefully] protection the empire can buy), id hang my ghostly head in shame. me no likey.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30460692 - 10 years ago

Another thing, the ewoks swung the logs from trees to destroy the walkers yes? How the bloody hell did they lift the logs up to the trees? And for that matter they had trouble cutting through the ropes attached to said logs, how did they cut through the trees?
    Ah well, just smile and nod then...

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30460693 - 10 years ago

The amazing adventures of a continuity crew strikes again. How badly can one bunch of people fuck something up?