Forums > Republic Commando

Other Star Wars Games

Posts (57)

• SGOD1337hax

SGOD1337hax

#31142025 - 8 years ago

I'm not talking about KoToR here (which I never played, sorry). I'm thinking more along the lines of Battlefront.

I mean, SWBF2 is one of my absolute favorite games. I played that thing to death. Still do play the crap out of it actually, when I get the chance.

What other Star Wars games are you guys fans of? For me, it's just the Battlefront series, I'm not too fond of the other games (besides Rouge Squadron... which I think was my first video game that wasn't a sidescroller).

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142026 - 8 years ago

In reply to SGOD1337hax, #1:

Honestly, I didn't get through KotOR either, it just wasn't my kind of game. I did play it, but not all the way through.

Battlefront is definitely my favorite second to RepCom, though I did enjoy Lego SW (don't judge me XD). I'm dying for a Battlefront 3 almost as much as a RepCom 2. I also did play Rogue Squadron I think it was on the Gamecube, that game was amazing.

• SGOD1337hax

SGOD1337hax

#31142027 - 8 years ago

I played Rouge Squadron on the computer. I desperately need to get a joystick and another copy of that game, I NEED to play it again. Absolutely wonderful, by far my favorite flying game that I've ever played. My favorite game from my younger days, even beats Megaman X (which is still one of my top 5 favorite games).

Battlefront was just amazing, period. It had many good maps, and I liked their system for Galactic Conquest how you had to win 2 battles on a planet, one to release the enemy control, and then another to claim it for yourself. The map system and upgrade system (and unit-buying system) from BF2 I liked more though. I liked the gameplay from BF2 better though, having the bonuses and such made you feel like an elite trooper when taking on the basic computer players. Honestly, at times I fantasized that I was a Commando, cut off from my unit and tossed into the front lines, and I had to survive to meet up with my squad again at the end. Pretty dorky, but thinking I was a Commando or an ARC Trooper was fun sometimes.

LEGO SW was just fine. I played it a bit myself as well.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142028 - 8 years ago

In reply to SGOD1337hax, #3:

Oh I totally used to roleplay in Battlefront as well, it was great, haha.

And I'm actually going to give Lego SW III a try just because I want to see if they'll be including Delta as playable characters or not. If not, I will be so pissed. smiley4.gif

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142029 - 8 years ago

I played a lot of Battlefront way back when. Both of them.

I thought the Jedi Knight series was excellent, too.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142030 - 8 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #5:

YES I loved Jedi Academy, had so much fun on it.

• SGOD1337hax

SGOD1337hax

#31142031 - 8 years ago

If it had flying and was a Star Wars game, nothing beats Rogue Squadron. I still remember the cheats for that game... some of them, anyways. Leia unlocked something, maybe infinite lives, and chewbacca unlocked either all levels or all ships, something like that.

I think playing that so much is what gives me my edge in space battles in SWBF2. Seriously, I am a demon in space. I've learned VERY well how to dodge missiles and evade fire, so it's gonna be hard to shoot me down while I'm zipping around bombing the crap out of you, and in a fighter or scout ship, I pick a target, stick with it and I'll use lasers more than missiles to take something down, like I did in Rogue Squadron. Pro pilot right here, so much fun.

• grif99

grif99

#31142032 - 8 years ago

Oh dear gods, I loved all of these games. I always thought KotOR was the best though. It's fantastic. I didn't get, however, when you click the option to give this twi'lek girl on Nar Shadaa a game of pazaak. You don't play any pazaak. The screen just fades to black, and when it comes back she comes out moaning and saying "that was a magnificent game of pazaak." My arse. I bet I just gave her oral.

Jedi Academy was Ok, I suppose. I hated the noise that Force sense made.

Both Battlefronts were honestly some of the best SW games I've ever played, and Rogue Squadron was just utterly fantastic. And, unfortunately, I've never played The Force Unleashed.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142033 - 8 years ago

In reply to grif99, #8:

KotOR really was one of the best games I ever played.

As for The Force Unleashed... You really didn't miss much.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142034 - 8 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #9:

Yeah, no kidding, Force Unleashed wasn't too special.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31142035 - 8 years ago

Force Unleashed was just another jedi handjob.

• SGOD1337hax

SGOD1337hax

#31142036 - 8 years ago

In reply to SniperEye, #11:

Even worse, they're making a second. They're justifying it by saying you're a clone now, and apparently (according to a friend of mine) you were also a clone in the original.

Biggest "WTF?" ever. If the Empire can clone Force-sensitives, then why do they have the stormtroopers?

Something else that was a great SW game... anybody here know about Dark Forces?

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142037 - 8 years ago

In reply to SGOD1337hax, #12:

Nah, they MADE a second one, and I heard it was pretty bad. Ended up canceling production on the third one right before they released two. Met the same fate RepCom 2 did...

And, I've actually never heard of that. What is it?

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142038 - 8 years ago

In reply to SGOD1337hax, #12:

I know of it, but I've never played it.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31142039 - 8 years ago

Yep Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. Got that one. Really was good. A mercenary that ends up becoming a jedi. Or how Kyle Katarn became, trained and still is a badass despite being a jetisse fag.

From what i gathered about FU2 or fucked up 2 as I like to think of it, you are not a clone, but the actual bloke, despite the fact you were quite plainly dead at the end of 1. Typical Lucas bullshit. Espeically since for years they were going on about the fact you can't clone force sensitives and other such stuff, but oh look! You can if you're a jedi! Fucking lucas.

BRING BACK DELTA, YOU STORYLINE STEALING BITCH! (he did as well. Watch Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress and you'll see what I mean.)

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142040 - 8 years ago

In reply to SniperEye, #15:

I heard a bit about that, but never watched the movie.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31142041 - 8 years ago

You should it's a damn good movie, so long as you can withstand watching subtitles for the length of it.

Still better than Seven Samurai. 3 hours of that really should come under cruel and unusual punishment

• kelevra16

kelevra16

#31142042 - 8 years ago

Anybody missing the massive epicosity of what Star Wars Battlefront 3 could've been?

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142043 - 8 years ago

In reply to kelevra16, #18:

Absolutely. I cry myself to sleep just thinking about it... Okay, maybe not that badly, but that game (along with RepCom 2) should have been made instead of Lego SW and the Force Unleashed.

You'd think that what the market is demanding right now (action filled shooters) that they would make 'em. Ah well, we can only hope that someday LucasArts gets their heads out of their asses.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142044 - 8 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #19:

You're quite the optimist, aren't you?

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142045 - 8 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #20:

I try. If not, I've be a wallowing puddle of self pity and depression, and nobody wants that.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142046 - 8 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #21:

Or a snarky fountain of cynical sarcasm, like me.

Like me before the self-pity and depression sets in, that is.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31142047 - 8 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #22:

Is there some problem with being a snarky fountain of cynical sarcasm?

Or a bubbling pool of raging psychosis kept in check by a hazy code of moral and honour while building giant battle robots to take over the world just to stop those people playing that gangsta shit so damn loudly.

Now if only I could get the motor sorted out.....

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142048 - 8 years ago

In reply to SniperEye, #23:

You'll be sorry you did that when Skynet take over.

Now that I think of it, in the Terminator sequels, why do they always go back to a year after the year the first film is set, rather than just go back to before anyone knew about them. Even a few days would probably be enough.

Come to that, if the only thing restricting them from sending X back in time is the fact that it has to be made of organic material, why don't they just send back a bomb covered in skin? They always get the city right, after all.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31142049 - 8 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #24:

Welcome to movie land, where bullshit occurs on a daily basis.