Forums > Republic Commando

Other Star Wars Games

Posts (57)

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142050 - 8 years ago

In reply to SniperEye, #25:

Makes sense, I suppose. It'd be a pretty crappy film if it made sense. The whole eagle thing in the Lord of the Rings trilogy is testament to that.

"Can you imagine how long it would have taken to get to Mordor if we had had to walk?" asks Frodo. "Yeah," replies Boromir, "I might have died."

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142051 - 8 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #26:

Makes me laugh. While I'm sure there's some sorcery explanation that I can't quite come up with since it's been a while since I've read the books, that does make the most sense.

Reminds me of a couple of nights ago when my brother, my roommate, and I were watching Return of the King and we started listing off people in our armies. Started with the classic fighting of swords with people like Aragorn, Leonidas, and Ezio which slowly turned into Iron Man, Master Chief, and the Hulk. We had some pretty epic armies.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142052 - 8 years ago

Did it at any point look something like this:

20041101.gif

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142053 - 8 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #28:

LOL that is some old LICD. Still great, nonetheless.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142054 - 8 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #29:

Took me something like forty minutes to track it down again.

Probably not worth it when you consider the fact that you were talking about Return of the King, not Two Towers.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142055 - 8 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #30:

Eh, it's all LotR, I can't complain.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142056 - 8 years ago

Off topic in record time, I think.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142057 - 8 years ago

In reply to paddymcgee, #32:

Well, we could always talk about that Star Wars fighting game on the PS1 that I don't remember the name of.

Which is probably a good thing.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31142058 - 8 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #33:

After googling said game I couldn't agree more.

• grif99

grif99

#31142059 - 8 years ago

Damn. This makes me feel old. Then happy, because I've never encountered that game and nor do I want to.

Back on topic a bit, I do recall seeing some SWBF3 images in a Game informer. The headline was "what might have been".

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142060 - 8 years ago

In reply to grif99, #35:

I heard about that, it makes me sad. smiley2.gif Well, BF3 got farther than RepCom 2, all that ever got was some concept art before it got the cut.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31142061 - 8 years ago

Just remember folks, that the green midgets in lucas' mind are telling him to produce what is coming out.

I just tell people to burn things.

Who would you listen to?

• kelevra16

kelevra16

#31142062 - 8 years ago

In reply to grif99, #35:

I remember seeing a video of gameplay! The soldier character just running through a Coruscant city, then towards a ship, then flies the ship into space for a space battle, then lands inside a Republic Attack Cruiser. That would've given Battlefield 3 a run for it's money.

• mitchell989

mitchell989

#31142063 - 8 years ago

I still have hope for RepCom 2 and who knows maybe they might have all of the concepts bought out and continue work on battle front 3. i just had a 15 hour marathon of number 2 and it is still just as epic as i remember. i even made a group for Fans of battle front all though it hasent seen as much attention as id hoped.

• mitchell989

mitchell989

#31142064 - 8 years ago

Im also looking forward to the new lego star wars. especially since i get a discount on it XD.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142065 - 8 years ago

In reply to Mitchell989, #40:

The new Lego Star Wars better have Delta in it or I'm boycotting.

Not really, but they should at LEAST have a clone commando available. I mean, Delta did make an appearance in the show, albeit a small one.

• mitchell989

mitchell989

#31142066 - 8 years ago

That would be amazing, ill let you know soon if it does because i should be able to get it about a week before its release date

• kelevra16

kelevra16

#31142067 - 8 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #41:

Been late with the new/current season of the Clone Wars. Which episode did they appear in?

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142068 - 8 years ago

In reply to kelevra16, #43:

From what I've gathered, this is their only appearance.

Post edited 2/28/11 10:12AM

• kelevra16

kelevra16

#31142069 - 8 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #44:

Then better have them as recurring characters once in a while or at least have their own show. At least...

I wonder how LucasArts/Lucasfilms can ignore all things related to Republic Commandos, it's practically a cult hit.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142070 - 8 years ago

In reply to kelevra16, #45:

No kidding, every time I bring it up on the internet someone is always there to say "I loved that game!". Wish Lucas would just get his head out of his ass and see that.

• SGOD1337hax

SGOD1337hax

#31142071 - 8 years ago

If Lucas gets his head out of his ass, not only should SWBF 3 be made, the RepCom book series needs finishing as well, and ONLY by Karen Traviss. Excellent author.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31142072 - 8 years ago

In reply to SGOD1337hax, #47:

Absolutely, nobody will be able to finish it like she could.

• robothotwing

robothotwing

#31142073 - 8 years ago

In reply to SGOD1337hax, #1:

Battlefront 2 is very fun

• kelevra16

kelevra16

#31142074 - 8 years ago

In reply to robothotwing, #49:

Do you guys play Battlefront 2 in the first or third person?