Forums > Republic Commando

Lightsaber

Posts (120)

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31182597 - 7 years ago

Regardless. Try keeping your balance on a moving giant snake after being shot. For that matter, try keeping your balance before being shot. You're not a member of the Fremen.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31182598 - 7 years ago

No, but I am a ninja of the Not Quite On The Marsh order. It's better than the On The Marsh order, because a. the air we train in doesn't stink b. The ground is solid. and c. They suck.

• grif99

grif99

#31182599 - 7 years ago

As soon as you mentioned Fremen, I had an odd vision of Paddy being Lord Harkonnen. Mildly mean? Yeah probably, but who gives one. Anyway, if you're a ninja of the Most Definently On Solid Ground Order, you don't even get shot.

FUCKING WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORMS

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31182600 - 7 years ago

Is this time to break out the sonic device and some unpronoucable words?

• grif99

grif99

#31182601 - 7 years ago

Probably. Don? Try some of this Spice! Yes, I need a Navigator.

A more pertinent question at this point would be: just how drunk am I to be typing here about Dune in a Star Wars thread wearing a dressing gown on a work night listening to Deep Purple play Burn while singing along in Gaeilge?

• Don113

Don113

#31182602 - 7 years ago

In reply to grif99, #105:

As appealing as that sounds, I'll pass.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31182603 - 7 years ago

Strangely enough, I have better things to do than take a mutagenic drug that is essentially worm shit.

And grif, you've always been strange so I fail to see the problem here.

• grif99

grif99

#31182604 - 7 years ago

Yeah... but people put honey on their toast, and honey is essentially bee vomit.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31182605 - 7 years ago

But honey is delicious...

• Don113

Don113

#31182606 - 7 years ago

I love eating bee vomit.

• grif99

grif99

#31182607 - 7 years ago

And milk is a fluid which comes from cow tits.

Seeing paralels yet? The difference is Spice either evolves you to be hyper-intelligent or makes you get cool eyes. Anyway: Star Wars. not Dune.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31182608 - 7 years ago

Would I survive mentioning Star Trek?

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31182609 - 7 years ago

Probably not.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31182610 - 7 years ago

If I didn't know you better, I'd say that you're becoming somewhat violent.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31182611 - 7 years ago

I blame it on mad science.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31182612 - 7 years ago

Plenty of people do. See how you get on without mad science.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31182613 - 7 years ago

Nah, regular science is just boring. Do you ever see giant robots come out of the regular sort? Hell no!

Of course there is the wear and tear on your battle robots. The US military always think they need to blow them up. To be honest I call that inbred insanity, but then all you need to do is bribe the right generals and you don't have to worry about them while you take over the world.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31182614 - 7 years ago

Giant robots don't come from mad science. That's mad engineering's department.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31182615 - 7 years ago

Can't have mad engineering without mad science. The engineers have to get their degrees from somewhere you know!

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31182616 - 7 years ago

Not from the scientists, though. From such fine establishments as the Miami Institute of Technocracy, the only university in the world to offer a Bachelor of Applied Arts in Biophysics.