Forums > Republic Commando

Delta or Omega?

Posts (61)

• omega14

omega14

#30399385 - 10 years ago

since there was a topic on your favorite commando, i thought, why not the entire squad?
    so: which one is cooler/awesome(er)/better-at-kicking-ass-er(?) than the other? who woud win in a firefight?
    (and of course any other generic questions that will stimulate arguments that i havent typed out/forgotten)

• Darth_Shizno

Darth_Shizno

#30399386 - 10 years ago

I'd choose Delta - playing the game you are a part of the team and participate in their lives rather than reading about Omega's travels in the third person

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#30399387 - 10 years ago

Delta, no contest. Bunch of hard core nutters.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#30399388 - 10 years ago

I'd say Delta. They've got the hardcore, never been beaten kinda attitude (aside from after Kashyyyk) that makes them tough. In a firefight, they almost never lose confidence and constantly keep on their toes. It'd be close though, as they both received similar training.

• i_r_caboos

i_r_caboos

#30399389 - 10 years ago

Omega

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30399390 - 10 years ago

delta for the win. They're all psychos, like me.

• omega14

omega14

#30399391 - 10 years ago

well that was expeceted...but i was hoping for a little more support for omega. meh.
    needless to say, i think omega is better.
    and start shooting me down....now (i shall not give in!)

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30399392 - 10 years ago

In reply to omega14, #7:

Its easier to prefer delta because you play as them. You can relate to them better.

• omega14

omega14

#30399393 - 10 years ago

i actually think its the other way around (for me anyway). remember that first scene in hard contact with niner an fi? i thought that was really deep. and i feel it showed more about themselves than playing as the actual character. but whatever floats yer boat, heh.

• Sh4rkb8t

Sh4rkb8t

#30399394 - 9 years ago

I like omega better because i have never played the game (I want to though). I persona;;y think that books go more in depth on characters then games.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30399395 - 9 years ago

You shold denfinitely have a look at the game, though.

I still maintain that you can relate to Delta better having played as them in the game.

• hunterbrute

hunterbrute

#30399396 - 9 years ago

i liked Delta's personality quirks better, it made them more interesting. Fight wise i'm not sure but that's just me.

• grif99

grif99

#30399397 - 9 years ago

Definitely Omega. Few are psychos and they have awesome armour, and they don't have to live with the shame of leaving behind Sev.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30399398 - 9 years ago

Good man. If you include the fact that Delta left behind Sev, then probably Omega.

If Sev himself doesn't cancel it out.

• grif99

grif99

#30399399 - 9 years ago

Then his (supposed) death cancels Sev out.

Everything is back in balance.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30399400 - 9 years ago

No. Given that. Then they're bastards again.

• grif99

grif99

#30399401 - 9 years ago

Damnit Lucasarts. You fucking jakeys.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30399402 - 9 years ago

They'll be sitting behind their desks of solid gold right now, laughing maniacally.

• grif99

grif99

#30399403 - 9 years ago

While someone is watching them in the shadows...

Someone I know...

Jar Jar Binks. No, just kidding.

RC-1207.jpg

I really gotta stop doing this.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30399404 - 9 years ago

Jar Jar Binks?

Godsa knows hesa deserves to be shotsa.

• grif99

grif99

#30399405 - 9 years ago

Oh, no! Mesa gonna die!

I love that line, because it's only ever true.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30399406 - 9 years ago

Of all the characters to die in the series, though. Why not bloody Binks?

• omega14

omega14

#30399407 - 9 years ago

Cause there was no real way to do it without the scene being horribly graphic, and making the movie rated R because of said scene. Which in turn, would limit the amount of people that would be able to see it. Do you really think that parents would let their children watch some humanoid alien with big floppy ears get mauled over and over again until the Jedi could use his blood to paint an entire room?

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#30399408 - 9 years ago

Why should it be any more graphic than other deaths in the series?

Darth Maul's torso was forcibly seperated from his legs. I wouldn't mind seeing Jar Jar get decapitated.

"Oh. Sorry Jar Jar. Did I just 'accidentally' cut your head off?"

• omega14

omega14

#30399409 - 9 years ago

Because it'd be more fun. And entertaining. Everything's more fun and entertaining when some bumbling idiot (read: Jar Jar) is running away from an angry mob with no arms, bleeding to death, and screaming like a little girl all the while. That's just me though. I'd personally like to see Jar Jar take his chances against a Lancer, haha. However, decapitation is a perfectly acceptable way for him to die. Preferably while he's talking or doing something annoying: "Mesa Jar Ja---" HEADSHOT (and I know you said 'decapitated,' it's just that 'headshot' sounds a lot better than 'head chopped off,' or something to that effect)