Forums > Republic Commando

Too late?

Posts (37)

• captainBoat

captainBoat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31383814 - 7 years ago

Does anybody else think it might be nearing too late for an RC2? its an old game now and i don't think it would sell too much farther than this group.

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31383815 - 7 years ago

You'd be surprised. I remember Rock, Paper, Shotgun looked on it quite favorably here.

You are, of course, right. I don't really see them making a sequel. They could yet surprise me, though.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31383816 - 7 years ago

Do I need to declare you a heretic and have you shoved out of an airlock/fed to the hungry bugblatter beast of trall (and yes I know I'm mixing franchises)?

• captainBoat

captainBoat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31383817 - 7 years ago

Now I'm sad because that was an awesome game and a sequel on the xbox 360 would be even awesomer if it kept the same style that made me join this group. (sad face)

• captainBoat

#31383818 - 7 years ago

and no you don't

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31383819 - 7 years ago

I'm still holding out for it.

I shall never give up hope...

• mitchell989

mitchell989

#31383820 - 7 years ago

In reply to captainBoat, #1:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-VMTIPwk74 this should sum up my feelings

• jgordon210

jgordon210

#31383821 - 7 years ago

i truly believe that a lot of star wars fans want the grittier style of the star wars universe. Look at the trailers for Old Republic, they look purely epic with hardcore fight scenes. Not the cartoon clone wars, Lucas needs a wake up call.

Post edited 12/05/11 12:07PM

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31383822 - 7 years ago

Lucas has long needed a wake up call... or more of a direct kick to the crotch.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31383823 - 7 years ago

Or just to be taken out to the barn and shot.

• grif99

grif99

#31383824 - 7 years ago

What "barn" is that? Auschwitz? But I do see your point.

I think I have an idea. How about we make the damn game? Course, we'd have to find a way to stop Lucas suing our proverbial tits off, but I think it could work. This group has over 500 members. Surely some of them should be computer programmers or suchlike.

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31383825 - 7 years ago

Sorry, combat medic. Don't think I can help on this project.

Well that is until Lucas' army of hairbrained nitwits attacks of course. Just don't forget the claymores. They are pure devastation to an army of sugar fuelled fanboys.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31383826 - 7 years ago

Well, Lucas IS finally retiring, so there may be hope for a brighter future once more.

Or the next guy will just deliver the killing blow. Who knows.

• jgordon210

jgordon210

#31383827 - 7 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #13:

so does he have like an apprentice or something that is all knowing of star wars?

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31383828 - 7 years ago

Yeah its some emo dude who bitches and moans about his life and fate while looking like some beached fish.

Oh sorry, that is just one of his characters.

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31383829 - 7 years ago

Totally relevant.

• jgordon210

jgordon210

#31383830 - 7 years ago

In reply to SniperEye, #15:

boohoo his mother died! try and be a with for once. lol

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31383831 - 7 years ago

In reply to Shotgunchief, #16:

Relevant and hilarious!

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31383832 - 7 years ago

It will never be to late for a RC2 for two reasons one just look at Duke Nukem it came back. Second the fan base is still out there we are living proof of that I mean just look at the die hard fans and even the huge shit storm over the books being cancelled and delta was not even the main squad. So with that I say It will come back we might just have to wait for lucas to kick the buck and let some one else take control over the universe who actulaly has two brain cells they can click together to think .

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31383833 - 7 years ago

Someone with two brain cells working for Lucasarts? Who is this crazy mutant and how did they get past that company's recruitment process?

• jgordon210

jgordon210

#31383834 - 7 years ago

qkme.me/35ugmg?id=191217832

Post edited 1/30/12 9:21AM

• Shotgunchief

Shotgunchief

#31383835 - 7 years ago

In reply to jgordon210, #21:

Brilliant, I love it.

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31383836 - 7 years ago

Come to think of it who takes over for lucas once he does kick the bucket?

• paddymcgee

paddymcgee

#31383837 - 7 years ago

In reply to PSYCHOsev, #23:

His first born?

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31383838 - 7 years ago

His clone