Forums > Republic Commando

Was to get back a Lucas

Posts (15)

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31509906 - 7 years ago

If this does not get you guys talking then I don't know that will

Assuming you could get way with it how would tyou get back a lucas?

Personal I would like to air drop into his front yard and storm the place commando style and beat the living crap out of him with red hot piece of iron till he fixed everything he broke in Star Wars

what to violent?

• SniperEye

SniperEye

#31509907 - 7 years ago

Too tame.

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31509908 - 7 years ago

So do one better let your insanity shine

• grif99

grif99

#31509909 - 7 years ago

Given that it's six minutes past nothing, and I'm drunk (obv), I'd just suggest shoving a white-hot crowbar up his 'hole and twisting it until he de-retconned.

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31509910 - 7 years ago

Realisticly why don't we just reject all his changes? I mean we as the fans have a biger claim to the star wars universe then Lucas ever could. We could orgainize vote on what changes (if any) should exist. The only down side is no big authors would right stuff for "this" universe. The "Lucas" universe might be fact but we could reject it and simply chose to believe in a pro fan universe

• grif99

grif99

#31509911 - 6 years ago

LATE RESPONSE FTW. Once again I find myself clogging the forum with unanswerable responses.
    You raise an excellent point, psychosev. Why don't the RC fans - or indeed a larger conglomerate of fans - just create their own divergent continuity from the bastardised monstrosity that Star Wars became? It must have happened before. Some Warcraft fans became disillusioned with what WoW made their beloved 'verse into. Star Wars Fanverse ahoy! I mean, the SW universe is so large, it can't ALL be his intellectual property. (or can it? I didn't study law.)

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31509912 - 6 years ago

This can work but it would have to be done with zero money. fans write fan fiction all the time. Thing only get ugly when money changes hands.So in theory if we do this we just have to organize and vote on what stays and what goes.

But the major down side would be this "Fanverse" would be stationary. there would be no big writers adding to the universe because there would be no money in it for them.

We need to do this this is going to be the biggest FUCK YOU we could ever give to Lucas

• grif99

grif99

#31509913 - 6 years ago

Well, Black Mesa (free) got released. Doesn't sound so bad.

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31509914 - 6 years ago

no clue what that is. Enlighten me please

• grif99

grif99

#31509915 - 6 years ago

You've heard of Half-Life (or at the very least Valve) most likely? Well, Black Mesa is a third-party mod for Half-Life 2 that completely remakes the original Half-Life (1998) with all the vim and vigour of a 2009 engine. It's really good, high quality, but the fact is that these things ARE Valve's intellectual property. But of course, they were happy with it so long as it was free.

Which raises a new point. BM was in development for eight years. They created any number of their own engine mods and props, models, sound, level data... which WEREN'T IN the base Source Engine. That has to have incurred some cost. Would it not be reasonable (if difficult to enforce) to allow mod makers - or in our case, fanversers - to receive some profit from the portion of the work that was entirely their own, if the work was commercially released, and the rest going to the owners of the intellectual property it's based on? With the owner of the work being able to veto the work's construction.

No, wait. The whole success comes from the base property anyway. Not to mention that Lucas would never allow such a concept as the fans enjoying the version of the work THEY wanted to see.

Well, maybe Disney could throw us starving fans a bone. Though if Episode VII is about the Yuuzhan Vong I'm disowning Star Wars and making my own storyline. "Space Fight: Democratic Special Forces." Heh.

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31509916 - 6 years ago

One yes I have heard of Half Life (really good game). Second we could in theory take money only if we invested the whole amount into the development of the universe. Copy right laws are made basically to stop people from profiting of other peoples work

my only question is where would we start this?

• grif99

grif99

#31509917 - 6 years ago

Mmm, italics.
    Huhh. It's not exactly unheard of for publishers to outsource a game to a smaller (possibly subsidiary) developer. Jk, it happens all the time. Hence given the new position of Disney among Star Wars, I sense an opportunity! *sniffs air*
    If we come up with a good enough case for a our own RC2 how the fans wanted it, with no bloody GL to disregard us, there's a possibility that we could be commissioned to essentially fix a major part of star wars.
    So where to start? To the disney fan mail section...!

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31509918 - 6 years ago

fuck it right here right now lets compile all the things that should never have happened.

1.) jar jar binks
    2.) the clone wars cartoon series (the CG one)
    3.) Vader's NOOO

• Specter515

Specter515 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Full spectrum gamer

#31509919 - 6 years ago

The thing is, when you really think about it, Jar Jar is one of the main reasons the original trilogy happened. He made the introductions, got himself into the senate, and made the motion to grant Palpatine emergency powers. What if...

My god... What if Robot Chicken was right? What if the whole galactic war was Jar Jar's plan all along!?

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31509920 - 6 years ago

In reply to Specter515, #14:

true about the introductions but it was the delivery that failed him. I look at it this way, a franchise ages with its viewers not stay stagnant. Bat man got very gritty in the comic series. Jar Jar was aimed at kids when the movie was suppose to be for an older generation. Not saying it should have been an action movie with a metric fuck ton of explosions but more like a short summary with some new plot twist. because we all knew how this was going to end so it was a mystery where you already knew the ending. At this point I don't even know why I argue about these mistakes that have disgraced this source of joy in my life. summary Lucas fucked it the sold to Disney and said here take this it dosen' t work any more maybe you can get more use out of it. I will chose to keep my books and original movies and ignore the fail because what else can a fan do?