Forums > Republic Commando

Lucas sold Star Wars??

Posts (12)

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31974240 - 6 years ago

So ya this is a thing. He sold to Disney for $4.2 Billion and they plan on making ep 7 for 2015

• grif99

grif99

#31974241 - 6 years ago

Yeah saw that. A hope spot? A comment on Youtube summed it up perfectly:
    "Battlefront 3, Republic Commando 2, KoTOR 3 and no more fucking cartoons". However. This is still Disney... The only thing to hope is that they don't make SW a(nother) pile of shit. Wayii.
    To be honest, I'm surprised it was sold for so little.

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31974242 - 6 years ago

well Lucas is staying on a a creative consultant. But I am more worried about the fact the Disney is a kids company. The expanded universe is kind of graphic so they will most likely stay the course of the clone wars. By the way any thoughts about the Death Watch trying to take back Mandalor. Season 5 Is going to be playing them up

• grif99

grif99

#31974243 - 6 years ago

I wouldn't know, I don't watch it. However, didn't Disney buy marvel comics? And wasn't Avengers Assemble good? That's what I've heard. So therein lies some hope.

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31974244 - 6 years ago

Know thy enemy is the only reason I watch. But yes i do have a shred of hope that it will turn out well. I gusse one could say there is a NEW HOPE for Star Wars. yes I just made that pun deal with it

• grif99

grif99

#31974245 - 6 years ago

Such is my lot in life. My dad's all about that shit.
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment." Imperial Proverb.

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31974246 - 6 years ago

Just read that Harrison Ford said that he is willing to come back and do the next star wars. it would be really cool to see the whole crew back together. The fact that they aged so much would actually play to the effect that they are old war heros

• grif99

grif99

#31974247 - 6 years ago

Well, if it's Knights of the New Republic, it'd make sense if they were old. Still, you'd reckon on some kind of life-extending technology with that much tech kicking around.

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31974248 - 6 years ago

Now that you mention it I have never heard of anything like that in the Star Wars universe. The only thing i can remember is some sith and jedi used the force to live longer. But never any normal humans using some kind of life extending tech.

• UberGrif500

UberGrif500

#31974249 - 6 years ago

Sadly it's unlikely we'll be seeing any further Star Wars game titles as Disney completely shut down Lucasarts and laid off all the staff. I did hear a rumor EA would possibly take over some of the titles but given their track record lately I'm rather pessimistic about that idea.

Post edited 5/09/13 5:23PM

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31974250 - 6 years ago

In reply to UberGrif500, #10:

just got confirmed EA made a statement they have been contracted to make a number of games for them. How ever they stated that both the battlefront game and project 1313 have been shelved and they will not be making them

• PSYCHOsev

PSYCHOsev

#31974251 - 6 years ago

Well just got my ass handed to me by E3 battle front 3 is now a thing