Forums > Rooster Teeth Animated Adventures

RTAA Knowledge Base

Posts (104)

• Jordan

Jordan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Campe Diem

#31012080 - 8 years ago

I get asked a lot of questions about the animations, and it's sometimes difficult to answer them because they are scattered across a variety of sites. So I figured I'd make things a little easier by starting this thread here and opening it up to questions from any inquiring minds.

For instance, if you have a general question about what software I use to make the cartoons, or if you want a reference or joke you saw explained, you can post your question here and I'll be sure to answer. Basically anything you'd like to know about the cartoons. I promise to do my best to answer everyone, and if you ask a question that's already been answered like some smarty pants, I'll just ignore you! So there.

• Iplayhorde

Iplayhorde

#31012081 - 8 years ago

I'll start this out.

1. What is the animation software you use?

2. How long does it typically take you to do one of these awesome videos?

3. What gave you the idea to do this?

• Jordan

Jordan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Campe Diem

#31012082 - 8 years ago

In reply to Iplayhorde, #2:

Answers will be in the familiar "Drunk Tank Animated Adventures Blue", as I call it.

1. What is the animation software you use?
    Macromedia Flash 8.

2. How long does it typically take you to do one of these awesome videos?
    The entire process, I'd estimate, takes anywhere between 13 and 18 hours, depending on length.

3. What gave you the idea to do this?
    I made a cartoon about 18 months ago that was somewhat similar to the Drunk Tank Animated Adventures you know today, except it was I who was ranting (about my brother always making me late to school). You will never see this cartoon, so don't ask. Anyway, I wanted to do another one, but I had no microphone and no material. Then it just hit me like a ton of bricks: "The airplane rant from the most recent podcast!" And so, it was done.

• Iplayhorde

Iplayhorde

#31012083 - 8 years ago

In reply to JayOrDan, #3:

fucking brilliant dude keep it up

• boomstickboy

boomstickboy

#31012084 - 8 years ago

Can you or have you thought about editing sound clip down so that it could be a short clip?

I know there are lots of great stories that just would be to long to animate.

• Jordan

#31012085 - 8 years ago

In reply to boomstickboy, #5:

Can you or have you thought about editing sound clip down so that it could be a short clip?

I've edited or tweaked the audio for every animation so far. I usually get rid of long pauses and "Uh"s because they disrupt the flow and I like the cartoons to be fast paced.

• usernameXD

usernameXD

#31012086 - 8 years ago

what type of software do you use to make the drawings and also do you use a drawing pad?

• Jordan

#31012087 - 8 years ago

In reply to usernameXD, #7:

What type of software do you use to make the drawings and also do you use a drawing pad?
    Everything is drawn in Flash. I don't use a tablet or anything; I draw it all with my trusty mouse.

• usernameXD

usernameXD

#31012088 - 8 years ago

okay thanks what is the size of your drawings

• Jordan

#31012089 - 8 years ago

In reply to usernameXD, #9:

How do you mean? Like, the dimensions of the stage? Or file size?

• XKoenigX

XKoenigX

#31012090 - 8 years ago

how much did it cost you for Flash 8

• XKoenigX

XKoenigX

#31012091 - 8 years ago

Also Did you ever think about taking this Mobile and making it a video Podcast

• Jordan

#31012092 - 8 years ago

In reply to XKoenigX, #11:

How much did it cost you for Flash 8?

I purchased the software and a serial number (none of the extras that they throw in for extra money), which came to $70. If you browse eBay or other software sites, you may find it cheaper. But that's only if you want the software by itself.

Did you ever think about taking this Mobile and making it a video Podcast?
    I don't know if I can make them any more video-er. Unless you're not referring to the animations.

Post edited 9/07/10 1:46PM

• usernameXD

usernameXD

#31012093 - 8 years ago

i mean like the size of the stage like ___x___ pixels or something like that. also i would like to try making an animated drunktank. i NEED to do SOMETHING with the flash 8 sitting in my hard drive

• Jordan

#31012094 - 8 years ago

In reply to usernameXD, #14:

I just use whatever the default stage size is, like 550 x 400 or something. Same goes for the fps, which is 12 by default.

• usernameXD

usernameXD

#31012095 - 8 years ago

alright dude thanks for the indo.

• usernameXD

usernameXD

#31012096 - 8 years ago

*info sonofabtich

• blakdemon117

blakdemon117

#31012097 - 8 years ago

Its been nearly a month, have you found any time for the next DTAA?

• Jordan

#31012098 - 8 years ago

In reply to blakdemon117, #18:

Working on it right now and will continue to do so throughout the weekend.

• David

David FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31012099 - 8 years ago

Soooo... Hows the newest episode coming? Pushing two months now =(

If you're just mega busy that's cool, I just don't wanna keep my hopes up lol

• jclfjanet

jclfjanet FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#31012100 - 8 years ago

Hey, if you're going to continue the omnibus style, geoff does an imitation of the old timey news voice in podcast #73 at one minute and ten seconds in, saying "dateline nobody cares!"

Would be kind of a funny transitional thing, maybe. smiley1.gif

• Otaku777

Otaku777

#31012101 - 8 years ago

Will you make a new Rooster Teeth Adventure logo with everyone face's from Rooster Teeth?

• Sibwarra208

Sibwarra208 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DovahTubs

#31012102 - 8 years ago

Hey which podcast has the story with Burnie at the end of Omnibus 2? With the world record finger not-touching?

• Sibwarra208

Sibwarra208 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DovahTubs

#31012103 - 8 years ago

never mind.

• randomviet

randomviet

#31012104 - 8 years ago

how do you choose which short are you going to make, when people request it, also do you give credit to the people who suggest it?