Forums > Rooster Teeth GLBTQ Community

interesting day

Posts (7)

• ZeroRequiem

ZeroRequiem

#30183827 - 10 years ago

so i got in a fight with my mom over pot that turned into a fight about my sexuality, well not mine directly, but homosexuals in general.

we were talking about this petition (in one of my pictures if anyone cares to sign it electronically) and it turned into a talk about my sister getting busted for possession, and her dealer being gay, and my mom makes the statement "how do all these young kids know or think they no they like there own sex?" to which i simply reply "if your parents hadn't told you that girls like boys, how do you know you like boys?"

now the onslaught of ignorance begins, because she cant fight logic without it, and we went back and forth about feelings and such untill she finally realized i was trying to meet her in the middle, when we finally agreed hours later we got to:

"kids in middle school probably don't know for a fact, they are rather hormonal from there age and blah blah blah, but as you mature you have feelings of lust and love, etc etc, and therefore even though these young children believe they know what they are, they may only beleive it now, and not in say 5 years from now."

-Zero.

Post edited 3/09/09 12:20AM

• polarbearzip

polarbearzip

#30183828 - 10 years ago

Cool. It's shitty that would be such a problem though. I don't even bother trying to talk about the concept of sexuality with my parents. I prefer to argue with the ignorant people on line as opposed to someone who has some major influence on my life. They could take a lot away even though I'm on my own and all.

• ZeroRequiem

ZeroRequiem

#30183829 - 10 years ago

it all started with that damned petition, god i want it legalized, ill get stoned in there house every day after work, i swear it!

• IrkenArmy

IrkenArmy

#30183830 - 10 years ago

law thats total bull man, i have always been attracted to guys even though i tend to act like a straight guy, i can even remember hitting on guys and stuff when i wa sin 1st grade lol, so yeah i do know whether im gay or not, the penis in my mouf begs to argue my gayness lol

• Psycholagny

Psycholagny Resident of Old Olney

#30183831 - 10 years ago

I know I already posted this in the forum, but it seems relevant...

n44408495_31167853_1736.jpg

There are "phases" that every person goes through. Knowing who you are from the outset is something few people can achieve.
    Hell I still don't know who I am or what I like. I tip my hat to you, sir.

[Off topic note: my mother once said, "You'd make a great psychiatrist; the best therapists have the worst mental problems." Parents aren't always right... I give the worst advice, therefore I'd make a horrid therapist smiley6.gif ]

• ZeroRequiem

ZeroRequiem

#30183832 - 10 years ago

In reply to Psycholagny, #5:

now now, therapists dont technically give advice, they make you ask yourself the same question until you have n epiphany dear :P

• Psycholagny

Psycholagny Resident of Old Olney

#30183833 - 10 years ago

In reply to ZeroRequiem, #6:

Very good point!
    Too bad I hate repeating myself or I could make a nice chunk of money doing nothing, haha.