Forums > Rooster Teeth GLBTQ Community

Well

Posts (10)

• IXIsm4rtyIXI

IXIsm4rtyIXI

#30718950 - 9 years ago

Since this chat has been dead.... how about we share coming out stories?

• IXIsm4rtyIXI

IXIsm4rtyIXI

#30718951 - 9 years ago

In reply to IXIsm4rtyIXI, #1:

EDIT* first say your preference, then your coming out story.

• Vrakanas

Vrakanas

#30718952 - 9 years ago

Gay, and I told my mother one night with my boyfriend on the phone.
    He has a fairly androgenous name and she thought it was a girl, until I told her.
    Then she started the whole bullshit, oh woe...how did I go wrong as a parent...blah, blah, blah.
    And now she knows that I could give less of 2 shits what she thinks.

• Lead_Feather

Lead_Feather

#30718953 - 9 years ago

I'm gay and still trying to come out. At the moment only my best friend knows, he's been really great and everything, but I'm still trying to work up the courage to tell my family. To make it worse I'm in love with another of my close friends, I don't know if he is gay but I think he might be, I really want to tell him how I feel but I'm worried that I might alienate him or screw up the dynamic of the friendship/group.

• Duste

Duste

#30718954 - 9 years ago

Is this it?
    Is that what I got all them ass whoopins for?

Christ, someone put some Kylie on at least.

• acerayl

acerayl

#30718955 - 9 years ago

"I'm gay and still trying to come out." - yea, honestly coming out is a long process. I have known I was gay since middle school and am now 27 and still coming out. I told my mom and brother before moving for college and they are both very supportive of this. You may sometimes be surprised about how many friends and family around you already know and are just waiting for you to approach them. Just remember one thing, coming out has no time frame. Take your time, feel it out, come out on your own terms.

"To make it worse I'm in love with another of my close friends" - I have honestly not fell in love until recently with not one but two of my friends over the past year. Both are straight, and it was the first time I really had a strong crush on someone. Both were told that I was gay since when I moved out here to AZ I promised myself that I would start new and be open and honest about myself. The first friend was tough, and almost broke up the friendship, but with time it actually made our friendship stronger. I am currently going through another that is just requiring some time. I am very lucky to have my friends, especially the two who understand the crush and that I would never do anything to jeopardize our friendship.

• theREDwolf

theREDwolf

#30718956 - 9 years ago

ill never forget mine it was at my 13 B-day wheni said i was bi to my mom and dad they are like WHAT !!! and i just truned red went into my room we have never spoken about sense .....im truning 17 in 4 months xD

• ArmoredAngel

ArmoredAngel

#30718957 - 9 years ago

I'm a lesbian and my is...well if I say it it may sound unrealistic but it's true
    I went on this date with this guy. I went out with him more as friends than anything else. We had a pretty good time, but through the entire date I noticed I was not attracted to him at all, and he was a pretty handsome guy. I had noticed my loss of attraction to guys a couple of months before but I just dismissed it as teenage hormone kind of stuff, you know? But anyway we were going through this date and he walked me to my door and he leaned in for a kiss and I thought to myself "Why the hell not?" So I kissed him and felt absolutely nothing. No physical attraction whatsoever. I was in a kind of shock so I kind of rushed him off my porch and went straight up to my room and just kind of sat on my bed for about an hour, thinking about the whole thing, ignoring texts and phone calls. I finally called up my friend chelsea and asked her if I could talk to her real quick and that it was an emergency. I rushed over to her house and went straight into her room and before she could get off her bed I said "Kiss me" She looked at me like I had lost my mind and asked why and what and all that and I said, "Please, just...don't ask questions, just do it. It's really important to me." She kind of understood so she stood up and she kissed me. It was as if a bird was trapped in my chest and a fire was down below. i started crying about mid kissed and fell onto her bed. She held me and said it was alright, and I just started balling my eyes out.

For the next couple of weeks I barely talked about it and when I did it was only with her, she was very understanding. She made me feel so safe. When it had come time for me to tell my parents, she was there the entire way, we were taking baby steps so I only told my really really close friends. And then my close friends, and word just kind of spread from there until it was common knowledge.

That boy i went on the date with was kind of mad at me and himself because he thought he was the reason I "lezed out" to quote a lot of my classmates exactly.

My friend still remains my best friend to this day. We hang out so much that people seem to think that she's my girlfriend.......you have no idea how much I wish that were true.

• dachshundman

dachshundman

#30718958 - 9 years ago

i'm gay, i am just gonna throw this out here, is it really important to come out in the open? does it really do anything for you. only my friends and coworkers know i'm gay and i don't really see a need to scream it to the world. its not that i'm ashamed of it or anything its just it really hasn't change anything for me. from my experiences most people don't care.

• captaineri

captaineri

#30718959 - 9 years ago

I'm bigendered, which means I identify as both male and female and is considered a subset of transgenderedism. I came out to my parents separately. My dad was confused by the term, asked what that meant and what pronouns he was supposed to use now and decided he didn't really care because it's not something that really affects who am I as a person. Which is awesome. My mom was also confused and still doesn't completely understand it, which is okay I don't always completely understand how I identify at any given moment although her questions are some times hurtful. The man I'm dating has kind of asked what it meant for his sexuality. I told him since I'm female bodied and female dominate that he can probably still call himself straight since he's sexually attracted to personality, and personalities are genderless, and my female body. He's okay with it.

It's not something I tell everyone. It's hard to explain and it's easier just to pass as a cisgendered female, for me at least. I haven't told my close friends simply because it's never come up and unless it ever does, they'll probably never know.